+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody has any questions for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney?THE ANSWERS!

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Re: Abhishek12's questions

assagai said:
Abhishek12,
The Minister made a commitment to process post Feb 2008 cases under FSW within 6 to 12 month.
“We expect new federal skilled worker applicants, including those with arranged employment, to receive a decision within six to 12 months compared with up to six years under the old system.”
He specifically implied visa offices with traditionally long processing times.
This is the official ministerial information http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2008/2008-11-28.asp
Hello assagai,
Thanks for sharing information and link...

I already read this line some where and I am happy that Candian Govt is taking such kind of action....

I still have a question wrt to this line 'receive a decision within six to 12 months compared with up to six years under the old system.'...what is meaning of taking decision within 6 to 12 months...Will Sydney office reply on this duration? will Visa office (all around the world) take final decision to all eligible applicants?? In answer is yes, it means this new rule will give pr to all eligible applicants???

Correct me.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Re: Anybody has any questions for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney?Now you can

6-12 months is not just for FSW1 , its for FSW 2 and 3.

So of course, its the visa office.

Now, FSW 2 and 3, maybe faster than FSW 1 because there is no sydney process to it.

Also they cannot guarantee that EVERY single application gets over by 12 months. What happens if something is not done by the 12 months, do you think they will throw away the application. of course not. So it just an average.

It means, some will be below the average number, some will be above and some will be far above. I expect that the visa offices with the longer time duration now, will still be longer but just not 5 years.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009

Hello,

Rupeshhari, I agree with you. this is average time for all applications...If applicant doesn't submit require docus or visa office need some more docs then processing time will increase...

now question is...where did you get that fsw2 and 3 has less processing time as compared to FSW1..As per below line

“We expect new federal skilled worker applicants, including those with arranged employment, to receive a decision within six to 12 months compared with up to six years under the old system.”

They are making this statement to consider all Skilled workers and try to process ASAP..

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........

i didnt get that statement from what you have in quotes. I got that statement from logic, because FSW 2 or 3 doesnt have the sydney process.

So if 6 to 12 months is start to end, then FSW 1 on average will be longer, which is equivalent to saying FSW 2 and 3 has less processing time.

Its a guess from my part, but i also give my assumptions.

assagai

Mar 11, 2009
Abhishek12's questions

Abhishek12,
It is hard to disagree with rupeshhari’s reasoning.
There was no processing unit in Sydney under the old system. Therefore ministry’s statement should refer to local visa offices. In my opinion any other explanation does not fit.
This DOES NOT mean that all eligible applicants will get PR.
Applicants must meet many other requirements (which differ depending on sub-category): pass mark, admissibility, settlement funds, security check etc.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009

I think, we will have to wait till next minister's announcement....

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976

Ok guys,Here goes ,First the issue of Foriegn Degree accreditation was raised about Doctors working as Taxi Drivers etc,Minister Kenney said this is Immoral and Disgraceful,Here is the problem,Immigration is controlled by the Federal Goverment,But Accreditation is Provincial,So that a nurse who graduated in Ontario cannot practice in BC without a BC License,So Imagine 10 provinces with 40 different regulatory bodies and each one different,400 Different regulatory requirements,He shared the story of a Doctor who was OB from Syria having to survive as A hotel cleaning woman for the last 4 years,This was the woman He met in a Edmonton Hotel,This was just sick in his own words,The 2009 budget has 50 Million Dollars to help set up a NATIONAL foriegn credential recognition system so that licensing can be standardized Nation wideand that prospective Immigrants will be adviced of the licensing requirements BEFORE they leave for Canada,So they can get their papers in order BEFORE leaving for Canada,This drew applause from the Audience

The FSW 38 will really be processed in 6-12 months with the Sydney Nova Scotia Processing center moving full blast to finish them on time.This applies to ALL FSW whether New Delhi,Tehran,Beijing,Manila etc.Because they will all processed equally with a 6-12 month deadline.Investor Immigrants will be very much expanded because Canada needs the Capital and jobs they will bring in so they WILL BE EXPEDITED,International Students will be also encouraged to come to Canada because the colleges and Universities need the Revenue they will bring to Canada.FSW 1 will defenitely be the fastest in most cases,Since the local embassies and CHC will NOT be processing the applications

The issue of bias was raised in the Tehran embassy and He said that has also been raised in India,Philippines,China Russia about rude local staff.He said that where investigations warranted cases of abuse,reforms will be introduced.No individual cases were allowed to be taken up.Finally NEW JOB CATEGORIES will be opened up,but mostly through expansion of the PNP.Hope this helps guys,All Direct quotes from Minister Kenney

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello BCGuy,

You have done fantistic job...and helped many applicants like me to share this news....I am happy that FSW1 will take 6-12 months every where and this will be flat processing time (in most cases).....Now we have to wait and see the application reponse who have submitted their application last year Dec, 2008..and now when will they hear from Visa office for final call..

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009

BCguy said:
FSW 1 will defenitely be the fastest in most cases,Since the local embassies and CHC will NOT be processing the applications
Hi, I am confused about this, I am FSW1 (NOC 38 listed) and my application will go to the UK embassy?!?!

Nice to hear confirmation that this is a priority, but must be sad news to those already waiting 5 years etc. that this effort is not being placed on their applications.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody has any questions for Immigration Minister Jason Kenney?THE ANSWERS!

HI BCguy,
Can you tell in brief about (Finally NEW JOB CATEGORIES will be opened up,but mostly through expansion of the PNP)

What will the new categories be like in your opinion???

thanks,

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976

oicur0t said:
BCguy said:
FSW 1 will defenitely be the fastest in most cases,Since the local embassies and CHC will NOT be processing the applications
Hi, I am confused about this, I am FSW1 (NOC 38 listed) and my application will go to the UK embassy?!?!

Nice to hear confirmation that this is a priority, but must be sad news to those already waiting 5 years etc. that this effort is not being placed on their applications.
Your Papers will be processed in Sydney.Nova Scotia,But you still do your medical,criminal check at UK embassy and pick up your Immigrant visa at the UK embassy.

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009

BCguy said:
Your Papers will be processed in Sydney.Nova Scotia,But you still do your medical,criminal check at UK embassy and pick up your Immigrant visa at the UK embassy.
Everything in guide EG7 suggests that the only review done at Sydney is a) completed forms b) payment and c) FSW applicant is on NOC list. The actual application is still made to the local Visa office (London) when all the paperwork is sent there.