Jul 17, 2015
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Hello there,

I will be applying now as a principle single applicant. I have almost a month remaining to apply after receiving an ITA. I will be getting married in 2-3 months. I have a few questions about this.

1. What would be the recommended way to obtain PR for the spouse then, to update CIC after I apply that I am married and then send application for the spouse also?

Inform CIC when you get married. If it is anytime before you land in Canada, your spouse can be included in the PR application itself. Read 'Changes to family composition' here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

2. Or would it be better to send application now only?

You can't apply till you are married.

3. What documents will usually be needed for spouse if I update CIC later. Will the spouse will need IELTS as well?\

Marriage certificate to prove that they are your spouse. They won't need IELTS or ECA because you aren't claiming any points on that basis.

Thank you in advance
That is exactly my situation right now and i think there is a loop hole here.
If you apply as a single applicant first and include your spouse later during the process, your spouse donot need to do IELTS and no ECA required , your CRS remains same as a single applicant.
However if you get married first and apply e-APR together then your CRS point will reduce by around 30 points( depends on age and language factor), in this case you can regain your points from your spouse's IELTS and ECA.

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hello Asivad and others..

First of all congrats to the people who got ITAs especially in the recent draw which gives hopes to all in mid 400 range...javascript:void(0);

I have 2 queries. Your expert opinions would be much appreciated.

I am a FINANCIAL SERVICES representative II in my current full time regular JOB IN a bank. Now this position is called ACCOUNT manager in some other banks.
Would my job be classified as NOC 6235 which falls under Classification B. Or, would it be considered as 1114(Other financial officers) which falls under Classification A and which is quite similar to NOC 6235(Financial services reps). I am confused because I donot want to misrepresent as I would qualify under both job NOCs in CEC.

Additionally, I have a 2nd query. I have done Masters from Canada which I would get points for in EE. I also have a bachelors from a foreign country which I have not done ECA for. I do know that in CEC, I donot need to get ECA done for my bachelors as I will be getting maximum points for Masters degree FORM Canada. However, my query is if I get the ECA done, would I get any additional points in Section-C of CRS points which states if you have 2 post secondary degrees and 1 is more than 3 years, you will get more points as compared to just 1 post secondary degree.

Thank you guys and great job in running this excellent forum where we can get answers for all the big and small confusions we have.

Cheers!!

silkperfume

Jul 17, 2015
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Not a loop hole at all. CIC simply assumes that people won't delay their marriage only to get those 30 CRS points but some people may do that and CIC is fine with that eventuality.
I totally agree with your point ANAC, this is kind of advantage to those who happen to get married after applying e-APR.
But i wonder if that would delay the process when including the spouse later in application, than including them before e-APR if he could marry with in a month.

keshavchhn

Jul 9, 2015
I have done B.Com part time and now pursuing Chartered Accountant. I am in final year of CA.
What would be the level of education for me? Can i fill CA as my education, if Yes then what to fill in "Complete/full years" option as there none any restriction on number of years?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Richie.... said:
Hello Asivad and others..

First of all congrats to the people who got ITAs especially in the recent draw which gives hopes to all in mid 400 range...javascript:void(0);

I have 2 queries. Your expert opinions would be much appreciated.

I am a FINANCIAL SERVICES representative II in my current full time regular JOB IN a bank. Now this position is called ACCOUNT manager in some other banks.
Would my job be classified as NOC 6235 which falls under Classification B. Or, would it be considered as 1114(Other financial officers) which falls under Classification A and which is quite similar to NOC 6235(Financial services reps). I am confused because I donot want to misrepresent as I would qualify under both job NOCs in CEC.

Only you (or possibly your HR) can help decide this based on your job responsibilities. Whatever NOC you choose has to be justified using a reference letter.

Additionally, I have a 2nd query. I have done Masters from Canada which I would get points for in EE. I also have a bachelors from a foreign country which I have not done ECA for. I do know that in CEC, I donot need to get ECA done for my bachelors as I will be getting maximum points for Masters degree FORM Canada. However, my query is if I get the ECA done, would I get any additional points in Section-C of CRS points which states if you have 2 post secondary degrees and 1 is more than 3 years, you will get more points as compared to just 1 post secondary degree.

You will get the maximum points just based on your Masters. Masters degree is higher on the scale than 'Two or more...".

Thank you guys and great job in running this excellent forum where we can get answers for all the big and small confusions we have.

Cheers!!

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
My qualification is MBA (Marketing) from University of Karachi in 2006 and I have ECA done as "Master degree of Business Administration (Marketing)" from CES (UT).

Now my job description has match with 0113 (Purchasing manager) and also with 0111 (Financial Manager).

I work in a company as a Manager, which purchase security CCTV Cameras, DVR, Scanners & Computers and install them on client places.

So, I am confused what NOC should I used 0113 and 0111 due to the reason Employment Requirements mentioned under both NOCs.

For 0113 (Purchasing manager) Employment Requirement are:- http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0113

A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.

The designation Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.

For 0111 (Financial Manager) Employment Requirements are :- http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0111

A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required.
A master's degree in business administration (concentration in finance), or another master's level management program may be required.
Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.
Accounting and audit managers may require a recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA).

Please let me know that using what NOC would be correct/safe for me to Express Entry.
Matching job description is not a problem. Please advice considering Employment requirement and my Education (MBA-Marketing) under both NOCs.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod2014 said:
My qualification is MBA (Marketing) from University of Karachi in 2006 and I have ECA done as "Master degree of Business Administration (Marketing)" from CES (UT).

Now my job description has match with 0113 (Purchasing manager) and also with 0111 (Financial Manager).

I work in a company as a Manager, which purchase security CCTV Cameras, DVR, Scanners & Computers and install them on client places.

So, I am confused what NOC should I used 0113 and 0111 due to the reason Employment Requirements mentioned under both NOCs.

For 0113 (Purchasing manager) Employment Requirement are:- http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0113

A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.

The designation Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.

For 0111 (Financial Manager) Employment Requirements are :- http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0111

A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required.
A master's degree in business administration (concentration in finance), or another master's level management program may be required.
Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.
Accounting and audit managers may require a recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA).

Please let me know that using what NOC would be correct/safe for me to Express Entry.
Matching job description is not a problem. Please advice considering Employment requirement and my Education (MBA-Marketing) under both NOCs.
Ignore employment requirement and education. They aren't nearly as important as matching NOC duties with you job responsibilities. Choose the NOC whose main duties best match with what you do in your job role.

Financial Manager and Purchasing Manager are two different business functions. While purchasing is typically more outward focused towards suppliers keeping internal interests in mind, financial managers would be more closely involved with the organization's internal functions and its financial relationship with the entire business ecosystem.

All the best!

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Ignore employment requirement and education. They aren't nearly as important as matching NOC duties with you job responsibilities. Choose the NOC whose main duties best match with what you do in your job role.

Financial Manager and Purchasing Manager are two different business functions. While purchasing is typically more outward focused towards suppliers keeping internal interests in mind, financial managers would be more closely involved with the organization's internal functions and its financial relationship with the entire business ecosystem.

All the best!
Thank you for your reply then which is in more demand or whcih NOC 0111/0113 has more chance for ITA.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod2014 said:
Thank you for your reply then which is in more demand or whcih NOC 0111/0113 has more chance for ITA.
Doesn't matter for your PR application and even later. EE is completely NOC agnostic. Choose the NOC you can justify on your reference letter.

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Asivad Anac!

Thank you for your replies !

Please also help regarding my spouse case!
She work in an insurance company as a Manager and her work is related with Insurance underwriting & claims and other insurance operations that comes under NOC 0121 (Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers).
We done with her ECA as "4 years bachelor degree in Information Technology", although she also has professional education in Insurance like FLMI and DipCII designations but we did not included this in ECA (from CES,UT).
As per matching with ECA education her job description comes under NOC 2172 or 2173, which also give her Skill Transferability points =50.

So to which NOC we should go for 0121 or 2172/2173.
Job description showing and verifying doesn't matter.

sweta1125

May 25, 2015
Hi All,

After receiving an ITA , I filled in the forms and got my personalised document checklist. After a few days when I logged back in my account, the document checklist was changed or rather significantly reduced. Even mandatory docs are missing from the list. I tried logging out and logging again after few days but the same problem persist. I am sure my application will be rejected if I follow this new checklist. Anyone who has faced similar problem? Any suggestions what should I do??

Nishtha

Feb 23, 2015
Hi...
How much approximate time does it take in actual after we file the application to get pr?
For example- If AOR date is Aug 5, 2015, by what time it will be completed???

Harry17188

Jul 27, 2015
Instead of choosing option permanent full time non seasonal in case of positive lmia under fsw ..mistankgly i opted full time contiinious and at least one year..i have paid processing fees.all files have been transmitted,medical is passed.what should i do.. How cud i change..is it really going to bad effect on my profile

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweta1125 said:
Hi All,

After receiving an ITA , I filled in the forms and got my personalised document checklist. After a few days when I logged back in my account, the document checklist was changed or rather significantly reduced. Even mandatory docs are missing from the list. I tried logging out and logging again after few days but the same problem persist. I am sure my application will be rejected if I follow this new checklist. Anyone who has faced similar problem? Any suggestions what should I do??
Yes ,I had the same problem so I went through the application questions again and updated the information and there were a couple of new questions That I answered . After that, walla, everything back to normal . Hope this helps