+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
how to do ECA done ?,

1) how the univ. Or concerned board of diploma/certificate will send our marksheets or certificates to them?
As i hv done ITI (trade certificate.
2)WHICH authorized body can do ECA for it? website of WES says they don't do eca for trade certificates or diplomas,only they ask about bachelors and masters.
Kindly help....

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
hi all, a question about pay stub...where i should attach it as a proof, employment records or proof of means of financial support?

another question..my parent transferred $10,000 to my bank account last month, do i have to explain its source? ps, i currently have $30,000. we are a two-person family and applied as CEC.

thanks!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sarahvan said:
hi all, a question about pay stub...where i should attach it as a proof, employment records or proof of means of financial support?

You don't need to attach pay stubs at all if your reference letters are complete in all respects the way CIC wants and if you have valid POF insofar as having the minimum required funds without borrowing money from anyone. Pay stubs serve 2 purposes - to prove you were holding valid paid jobs and to prove that you have sufficient source of income towards the POF you are attaching with your application. CIC doesn't ask for pay stubs except as supplementary documents from CEC applicants as part of their Work Experience proof.

another question..my parent transferred $10,000 to my bank account last month, do i have to explain its source? ps, i currently have $30,000. we are a two-person family and applied as CEC.

You will have to get a signed self-declaration from them that explicitly states that this transaction (add as much transaction detail as possible) was meant to be a gift and not a loan hence need not be returned to the donor at any point.

thanks!!

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
hi Asivad, thanks for your quick reply.

another question.. my wife will go to study this Sept. the tuition fee is about $10,000.00 will cic take it into consideration of finance status? do i need to provide some related documents?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@Asivad,

It's not like that. Many universities do not send the transcripts directly, including mine. My university gave me the b transcripts in an official envelope and I sent it to WES myself. I got my eca done. So, the transcripts are valid as long as the envelope is sealed and signed on the flap.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
@ Asivad,

It's not like that. Many universities do not send the transcripts directly, including mine. My university gave me the b transcripts in an official envelope and I sent it to WES myself. I got my eca done. So, the transcripts are valid as long as the envelope is sealed and signed on the flap.
True. But I believe the OP mentioned that the copies were unclear which indicates that the envelope wasn't sealed. That cannot be sent to WES.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Probably stupid question, but... in the PR Application form, section mailing address: Where am I supposed to put the postal code? Along with the name of the city? That is where it would go in my country, but I know Canada wouldn't put it there. Or would it be in the "disctrict" field?

(Twice, I had someone from Canada try to mail me something, and they put the postal code below the city, while my country puts it in front... as a result, the mail was returned. :-/ )

silkperfume

Jul 17, 2015
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello ANAC
i am sorry for posting the same question again but im really confused with all mixed answers,
1.I have done Masters degree from USA and 4 yrs bachelors from Nepal and i have done ECA only for my Masters degree for which i got 135 points in CRS, i also got full points on skill transferability.
i got ITA, now im really worried if i had to do ECA for my Bachelors degree also??

2. One more question,
my foreign work experience in last 10 years is 5 years(NOC 2131).But out of 5 years, 2 years i had worked after my Bachelors degree and 3 years after my masters degree.Now,in CRS the foreign work experience requires continuous, full time, paid work, does my 5 years be counted as continuous work experience?
or should i just mention 3 years of work experience after my masters degree as i get same point in CRS for 3 yrs n more?

appreciate all your effort
thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silkperfume said:
hello ANAC
i am sorry for posting the same question again but im really confused with all mixed answers,
1.I have done Masters degree from USA and 4 yrs bachelors from Nepal and i have done ECA only for my Masters degree for which i got 135 points in CRS, i also got full points on skill transferability.
i got ITA, now im really worried if i had to do ECA for my Bachelors degree also??

ECA for your highest degree is enough.

2. One more question,
my foreign work experience in last 10 years is 5 years(NOC 2131).But out of 5 years, 2 years i had worked after my Bachelors degree and 3 years after my masters degree.Now,in CRS the foreign work experience requires continuous, full time, paid work, does my 5 years be counted as continuous work experience?
or should i just mention 3 years of work experience after my masters degree as i get same point in CRS for 3 yrs n more?

You don't have to change anything. For CRS purposes, 3+ years of discontinuous work experience will maximize your Skills Transferability scores. Basic EE eligibility requires 1 year of 'continuous' work experience which is not a problem in your case. Under FSWP eligibility, you will score 13 points for experience because you have only 5 years under 1 particular NOC.

appreciate all your effort
thank you

cic_123

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Hello there,

I will be applying now as a principle single applicant. I have almost a month remaining to apply after receiving an ITA. I will be getting married in 2-3 months. I have a few questions about this.

1. What would be the recommended way to obtain PR for the spouse then, to update CIC after I apply that I am married and then send application for the spouse also?

2. Or would it be better to send application now only?

3. What documents will usually be needed for spouse if I update CIC later. Will the spouse will need IELTS as well?

Thank you in advance

SM_K

Jul 29, 2015
Dear All

I need help from someone on the below matter. I get my assessment done on the CIC link for express entry. The answer which I got was ”Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry”.

However when I create my profile on MyCIC, it gave me message as ‘profile ineligible’

Below are details: -
IELTS: -Overall 7.5 [L-8, R/S-7.5, W-7]
WES: - Bachelor’s degree (three years)
More than 10 years exp in UAE and Pakistan.

I try computing CRS and they are coming to minimum 267. [Age 60, Edu 112, Language 70, work exp 25]

Please advise what steps should i take.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SM_K said:
Dear All

I need help from someone on the below matter. I get my assessment done on the CIC link for express entry. The answer which I got was ”Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry”.

However when I create my profile on MyCIC, it gave me message as ‘profile ineligible'

Below are details: -
IELTS: -Overall 7.5 [L-8, R/S-7.5, W-7]
WES: - Bachelor's degree (three years)
More than 10 years exp in UAE and Pakistan.

I try computing CRS and they are coming to minimum 267. [Age 60, Edu 112, Language 70, work exp 25]

Please advise what steps should i take.
What amount did you specify for the question "How much funds are you planning to bring to Canada"?

Also, I think your calculation of CRS is incorrect. You must have missed something. Please click on the below link and enter all information carefully. You'll know your CRS. You should have much more points than what you have right now! :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Hope that helped!

Thanks,

Raj

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic_123 said:
Hello there,

I will be applying now as a principle single applicant. I have almost a month remaining to apply after receiving an ITA. I will be getting married in 2-3 months. I have a few questions about this.

1. What would be the recommended way to obtain PR for the spouse then, to update CIC after I apply that I am married and then send application for the spouse also?

Inform CIC when you get married. If it is anytime before you land in Canada, your spouse can be included in the PR application itself. Read 'Changes to family composition' here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

2. Or would it be better to send application now only?

You can't apply till you are married.

3. What documents will usually be needed for spouse if I update CIC later. Will the spouse will need IELTS as well?\

Marriage certificate to prove that they are your spouse. They won't need IELTS or ECA because you aren't claiming any points on that basis.

Thank you in advance

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Hi Asivad and other forum members!

I have a query, thinking you may help me with this.

I'm a principal applicant of our application. I got my ITA on June 30. We'll submit the application before Aug. 25.

However, for proof of funds, I have some little doubts. Initially, our plan was my husband shall be the principal applicant. Conversely, I got the ITA. So he automatically becomes a secondary applicant.

All of our proof of funds are under the name of my husband. Although he's an accompanying spouse with my application as the principal applicant, is it ok not to change or transfer the money to my own account? Or it is obviously fine if the bank funds are under his account?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silkperfume said:
That is exactly my situation right now and i think there is a loop hole here.
If you apply as a single applicant first and include your spouse later during the process, your spouse donot need to do IELTS and no ECA required , your CRS remains same as a single applicant.
However if you get married first and apply e-APR together then your CRS point will reduce by around 30 points( depends on age and language factor), in this case you can regain your points from your spouse's IELTS and ECA.
Not a loop hole at all. CIC simply assumes that people won't delay their marriage only to get those 30 CRS points but some people may do that and CIC is fine with that eventuality.