Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
Apr 27, 2014
hello!
Just like took seek for advise. I had an application in AINP as employers driven feb last year. unfortunately my employer refused to renew all TFW. I just got a new work permit from my new employer. They gave me only until June this year coz I'll be on my 4 years now. Now I'm confused on what will I do. Could I be able to apply in express entry if my position right now is cook. Do I still need to have an experience just for me to apply in express entry as a cook? I don't have any experience as a cook coz I was a supervisor for 2 years from my previous employer.

moon110

Feb 8, 2015
Hi guys, first post on the forum but have found some very useful stuff throughout here so thanks for that!

I just had a couple of questions I couldn't find answers for and was hoping someone could help.

For my job history, my title has changed a couple of times within the same company over the past 4.5 years (though each role is still within the same NOC code - 6221), do I need to put different jobs or can they stay the same?

For education, do I need to put things such as my A-Levels in the UK, or just my degree (has been WES certified as 4 Year Bachelors Degree Canadian Equivalent)? And for my wife, she has a high school diploma but this has not been WES certified, is there any point in getting this done?

And if we do add the high school diploma, what do we put as the subject since this is a general range of subjects rahter than just one (same question if I need to submit my A-levels)?

She is expecting to finish a 2 year post-graduate course in July, so we will get that WES certified once done if we don't have an invite by then, but advice on whether to put the other for now would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Rob

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I got my invitation today,

why did I get under FSW and not under CEC if I had the option?

Do I still have to do a proof of funds even I've been living and working in Canada for over two years?

I applied in 2012 to a International Experience Class Visa and then to a LMO. What should I say to the UCI number? Do I have one of when I applied to those visas? Where can I see that?

Thanks!

Dentist D.M.D

Feb 8, 2015
Hi,

I am a dentist, and I passed all the dental centificate exams and got a certificate of qualification in Canada. My wife is a pharmacist but she did not do any exam... We applied for the express entry and got just 364 points! We don't have any job offer or work experience in Canada! I have some questions please:
1. Do we have any chanc to be invited with 364 points?!
2. Are there any points awarded for the certificate of qualification I got in Canada?
3. How can I get a job offer if I don't live in Canada? I think it is impossible!!!

It is not fair that people with licence in hand cannot immigrate because they don't have work experience in Canada ir a valid job offer!!

Thank you

c_mehrok

Apr 12, 2014
Hi i am working under noc b class job so i am gonna b applying under cec class... Heard about the new express entry rule and confused bot few things..

My first question is that for people with 3 year work permit who only require 1 year work experience in their field, do they require an lmia as well or not..?

My second question is that according to cic they have mentioned that they will declare the results every year and till the next draw the applicants will remain under applied status.. So does tht mean the next draw is gonna be in next jan..??

Last question how many points does cec class requires in order to get qualified.. Coz i read tht people who need Lmia requires 800 points to qualify?

Plz if you think that i need to know more besides these questions , do mention them in your replies as well... Thank you..!!

Kay34

Aug 19, 2014
Hi All, I have a tiny question...

Does CIC hold copies of all the documents we submitted even if the visa was not granted? I applied for FSW last year, but with wrong NOC code. They returned my application for this reason.

Can I change the supporting documents I submitted along with my application when I apply now for Express Entry?

Prabhleen

Feb 10, 2015
Good Morning,
I wanted to know if i have a annual package and i get paid annually and not hourly, to apply for cec what they will determine
Fyi i started in 2014 may and i work full time for 37.5 hours a week if i go by the hours i complete my 1560 hours in march. So do i need to wait till may 2015 or i can apply in march 2015

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks!

thshabab

Feb 10, 2015
Hi, I do apologize for my list of questions. It would be really nice if I could get an answers for them.

Background:
- I have post grad work permit (no LMIA)
- I am currently working for Company X
- I have graduated from University of Waterloo with a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Electrical Engineering

Questions during Express Entry Profile creation
1) "Work History" --> "Intended Work in Canada" : Do I select yes under "do you have a job offer in Canada" and mention my current offer with Company X?

2) "Work History" --> "Occupation" : Do I choose my current work at Company X NOC 2174, or that of my Canadian Degree : NOC 2133

3) "Work History" --> "Canadian Certificate of Qualification": Does this refer to my BASc Degree from University of Waterloo?

4) "Study and Language". Is there any difference in points awarded between Field of Study = "Applied Science" vs "Computer/information technology" ?

5) Can I check the points against my profile before submitting my profile?

Thanks much!