+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Pakistan applicants had their Nikahnama made in English?

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
waiting110 said:
Yea I was also thinking that I would ask my husband to get the certificate from NADRA office.
No I ordered GCMS notes and I got them by email .. the email address was a british name and when I went through my notes I figured out my file is in London. I never emailed them.
Sure get the NADRA cert done so just in case if they ask you for it. you can send it over the same day. To be honest that is the only doc that looks remotely authentic as a proof of marriage rather than our Nikah nama due it being hand written and all.

I am assuming it said something about case work load redistribution or similar in your notes and that is how you got to know your file is in London?

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
fizz1234 said:
Sure get the NADRA cert done so just in case if they ask you for it. you can send it over the same day. To be honest that is the only doc that looks remotely authentic as a proof of marriage rather than our Nikah nama due it being hand written and all.

I am assuming it said something about case work load redistribution or similar in your notes and that is how you got to know your file is in London?

Yes and they changed my office too. So now london is primary and ottawa is secondary .. Whats up why you asking ? Im assuming its the same for you.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
waiting110 said:
Yes and they changed my office too. So now london is primary and ottawa is secondary .. Whats up why you asking ? Im assuming its the same for you.
I will know soon,hopefully getting my notes in a week or so which I ordered after I got a reply from CHC stating that my file is in London [ I emailed them via portal asking whats the status of my file]

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
fizz1234 said:
Yes there are 3/4 copies of the Nikah nama, stating duplicate and triplicate. The 1st one is taken to the union council to get it registered by the Nikah registrar. The rest are giving to you after it has been registered and they say duplicate/triplicate on it. I have the same and submitted the one that says duplicate at the top. Good that you shared in detail if I need it as well.

Is it possible you can PM me the exact email you sent to CIC [removing your personal info]
Hoping my Nikahnama issue will create a precedence at the London office, because I guess since all the files were trfd to London, they may not have come accross an English Nikahnama to date. I provided them full details and quoted a bunch of things from Laws that applied to the Nikahnama.
I'll be able to answer better when I get a reply from them.

minicoop

Jan 1, 2015
hi

i am in the same situation

my original english NN (marked duplicate) was sent in with the original NADRA marriage certificate

i have received an email stating they need an original URDU NN -

should i just email london and paper mail them stating we had no original urdu
+ inform them that english only is allowed under pak law - and nadra is ok with it and its been registered

plus i have zoomed in pictures at the shadi of both of us signing the english NN

any fast responses appreciated
thanks

maftab272

Aug 18, 2015
Asalam o Alikum

Brother and sisters

My Nikah Nama is in ENGLISH at the time of marriage. And it is attested by ministry of foriegn affairs as well as by Pakistan Counsalt General.

I send them the ORIGINAL and now :

The London Office is asking my wife to send : NIKAH NAMA in urdu with English Transalation.......I dont have the Urdu one [/b]

But i made from NADRA recently and attested by foriegn affairs;;

TOTAL CONFUSED WHAT TO DO;;;

I will be thankful for any guidance
regards

maftab272

Aug 18, 2015
Asalam o Alikum

Brother and sisters

My Nikah Nama is in ENGLISH at the time of marriage. And it is attested by ministry of foriegn affairs as well as by Pakistan Counsalt General.

The London Office is asking my wife to send : NIKAH NAMA in urdu with English Transalation.......I dont have the Urdu one [/b]

regards

maftab272

Aug 18, 2015
fizz1234 said:
My nikah nama was in English and I submitted it as it is. Nikah nama in English has been available for a long time and there is no reason to believe CIC thinks that way.

My original NIKAH NAMA is also in english since my marraige in 2006 and is attested from MINISTRY of Foriegn Affairs as well as from pakistan counsalate genereal.

I submitted them original and now they are ASKING for

Urdu nikah Nama with english translation.... I dont have any URDU nikah Nama

I am confused what to do

maftab272

Aug 18, 2015
Wyz said:
Anyone in this situation and have their case in London or Islamabad? The reason I'm asking is cic thinks we provided them with a translation when really, that is our original nikahnama. Anyone in the same situation?
Asalam o Alikum

Brother and sisters

regards

Soulman

Sep 18, 2015
Yes
day before yesterday i got an email from LVO for the submission of original urdu nikah nama , where as i had only english nikah nama n that was submitted with my application. I never had any urdu nikah nama. I just wanted to know what you ppl did in your case when you got such querry?

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015
Hi,

I hope everyone is well. I just have a quick question. I am applying to sponsor my wife and my question is related to the nikah nama. Our nikah nama was in Engligh and Urdu combined as a single original document. This nikah nama was registered at the rawapindi cannt board and afterwards we got a nadra certificate in english and urdu combined. We will be sending our original nikah nama which is in english and urdu as one original document plus our nadra certificate. Is this enough or do we need to get our nikah nama (attested)?

FFalcon16

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-12-2015 & 29-09-2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
Not yet
Red.Rose said:
Hi,

I hope everyone is well. I just have a quick question. I am applying to sponsor my wife and my question is related to the nikah nama. Our nikah nama was in Engligh and Urdu combined as a single original document. This nikah nama was registered at the rawapindi cannt board and afterwards we got a nadra certificate in english and urdu combined. We will be sending our original nikah nama which is in english and urdu as one original document plus our nadra certificate. Is this enough or do we need to get our nikah nama (attested)?
I have replied to this in another thread and also I have sent you a personal message (PM) in your INBOX.

D3VIATION

May 28, 2016
Hello,

I have sponsored my wife from Pakistan and our Nikahnama is in English.

A few days back, I got an email from CIC stating:
Original Nikkah Nama with certified translation either in English or French; the only copy provided with your original application was the certified English-language translation

After reading through this forum, it seems other people have been through this before. Would appreciate if anyone could share how they resolved this matter.

Secondly, my Nikahnama says Duplicate on top. Is that the issue here or they want it in Urdu?

Thank you in advance.

Komail

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
D3VIATION said:
Hello,

I have sponsored my wife from Pakistan and our Nikahnama is in English.

A few days back, I got an email from CIC stating:
Original Nikkah Nama with certified translation either in English or French; the only copy provided with your original application was the certified English-language translation

After reading through this forum, it seems other people have been through this before. Would appreciate if anyone could share how they resolved this matter.

Secondly, my Nikahnama says Duplicate on top. Is that the issue here or they want it in Urdu?

Thank you in advance.

Komail
can you please tell me when did you file the application?