+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one from US planning to move to CAN by end of Jan or beggining of Dec ?

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hello Guys :

Any one would like to join & share exp / ideas who is planning to move from US btw Jan & Feb ?

I am little concern about how to plan the new 72 Hrs Pre departure COVID Test and overall move during high winter with Family & Kid.

Reactions: itzraj

kvn1994

Sep 21, 2020
I just received passport request and so i got student visa but i need to stamp visa first. Are you planning to travel by road ? If yes please let me know from where you are going and process and documents needed as well as procedure to register usa registered car in canada.

thanx in advance ..

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
I just received passport request and so i got student visa but i need to stamp visa first. Are you planning to travel by road ? If yes please let me know from where you are going and process and documents needed as well as procedure to register usa registered car in canada.

thanx in advance ..
I am planning to Fly..and Not taking any car... i prefer to sell my car and get another ..

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
You can fly to a border city like buffalo or Detroit or Seattle, and then take one way rental car from there. Covid test is not required if you enter through land border.

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020

thanx in advance ..
can you please share your timeline.

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
You can fly to a border city like buffalo or Detroit or Seattle, and then take one way rental car from there. Covid test is not required if you enter through land border.
My work location is near montreal, quebec.. So i am not sure i can travel by road ?

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
My work location is near montreal, quebec.. So i am not sure i can travel by road ?
yes, you definitely can.. Champlain, NY is closest US town to Montreal border, see if you have flights there. Burlington, VT is another option I think. Or you can fly to Buffalo and drive till Montreal which is like 5 hours. just explore and see.. you will have many options.

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
I live down south near Atlanta...so far thinking about taking a direct flight from ATL to Montreal..
But there is still confusion about 72 hrs covid testing...
By road would be a I am still gathering information what to do and what could be the plan.. I never thought about that option before but family of 3 we will be travel heavy (luggage).. so a lot needs to be thought about especially due to COVID...

Do we have any link which provides the process and paper work for road travel ? Buffalo i guess would be difficult because of quarantine anything location which is an hour drive to Montreal might be worth considering... so i can cross and quarantine straight away might be easy to justify covid plan also..

This is stressfull...

kvn1994

Sep 21, 2020
can you please share your timeline.
Submitted documents for visa 9th October 2020. Student visa and dependent visa with open work permit. Gave biometric in chicago uscis center on 19th october 2020.
Got study visa, passport request on 22nd dec and dependent open work permit on 7th jan 2021.
Sent passport on 19th jan 2021 for visa stamping. Waiting for passport.

My process was NON SDS.