+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any ITA's issued for CEC applicants in the second draw?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations guys who got the ITAs with CEC.

I have a question, do the CEC applicants also need to show proof of funds? I have been working in Canada for more than a year and with my family living with me, its hard to save THAT much amount of money. Im still confused what ruling applies to CEC applicants with regards to Settlement funds?

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Auone said:
Congratulations guys who got the ITAs with CEC.

I have a question, do the CEC applicants also need to show proof of funds? I have been working in Canada for more than a year and with my family living with me, its hard to save THAT much amount of money. Im still confused what ruling applies to CEC applicants with regards to Settlement funds?
''Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.''

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lolz....that means I'll be ineligible even if I get ITA and have a job offer of atleast one year (LMIA-exempt category, closed work permit). The more you read about EE, the more you feel its utter disgrace

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Auone said:
Lolz....that means I'll be ineligible even if I get ITA and have a job offer of atleast one year (LMIA-exempt category, closed work permit). The more you read about EE, the more you feel its utter disgrace
There is no POF requirement under CEC. This requirement is only for FSW applicants.

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Auone said:
No,
it means that you don't need to show funds if you are authorized to work in canada (you have a work permit) and have a job offer (you are working)

;)

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
There is no POF requirement under CEC. This requirement is only for FSW applicants.
God I really hope you're right and I'm wrong, but if you check the list of required documents after ITA, you'll see that POF is mandatory unless you have a "valid" job offer AND are currently working legally in Canada.

Again, for my own sake, I really hope I am uttering total BS and you are correct.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forever21 said:
FST applicants also need proof of funds :)
Thanks both you guys for the reassurances, for a minute there, I almost had a panic attack ???