+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Another sad story - TRV denied - devastated. Asking for advice.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. As advised Canada visa posts tick a generic list of refusal reasons that can be at best confusing and at worst frustrating. My reading of this is that the visa post thinks your Malaysian bf won't leave Canada. You can easily sponsor him likely the rationale. What is the validity of your Malaysian status and how long have you dated...if 12 months of cohabitation you are considered common law and he can can be sponsored under the family class. If your Malaysian visa is almost expiring and you are both in Canada...well then...eh!!

2. Only way to find out the detail of the refusal is via GCMS notes.

3. Can you meet your family in a 3rd country that exempts Malaysians from visit visas? Only other option is for them to visit Malaysia.

starseed35

Oct 10, 2014
Msafiri said:
1. As advised Canada visa posts tick a generic list of refusal reasons that can be at best confusing and at worst frustrating. My reading of this is that the visa post thinks your Malaysian bf won't leave Canada. You can easily sponsor him likely the rationale. What is the validity of your Malaysian status and how long have you dated...if 12 months of cohabitation you are considered common law and he can can be sponsored under the family class. If your Malaysian visa is almost expiring and you are both in Canada...well then...eh!!

2. Only way to find out the detail of the refusal is via GCMS notes.

3. Can you meet your family in a 3rd country that exempts Malaysians from visit visas? Only other option is for them to visit Malaysia.
1. Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, the CIC believes my boyfriend won't leave Canada. One reason they stated was due to his purpose of travel. :eek: I don't know how else to make it any clearer WHY we are going to Canada - tourism, visiting family and Christmas! We have been cohabiting for under one year now. In the future, after we have been cohabitating for over one year, would it be helpful to apply under family class, or would that make things worse?

My Malaysian work visa expires in October 2015, with possibility of renewal. I have been living abroad in Asia for nearly 10 years now. I know a few posters on here said that my supporting documents don't carry much weight, but would it be helpful to show the CIC my old work visas in my passport along with a letter explaining that I have no plans on returning to Canada to live and as you can see, I've been an expat working out of the country for some time now?)

2. I will definitely order the GCMS notes. I wish the CIC provided these off the bat with the refusal letter instead of checking some generic boxes.

3. Good idea, but no, it is not possible this year for my family to meet us in another country. The whole point of going back to Canada was to have a "proper" snowy Christmas with the entire family. I've spent many Christmases abroad and it's just not the same. ;)