Another refugee status question

arcticcat43

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am coming up with some more questions, as I told before in other threads, my fiance is a refugee she has not had her hearing, we are getting married in August and will be sending in an In canada sponsorship.

My question is what happens if she has her refugee hearing before the in canada app has gone through it's course and she is denied, will she be told to go back to her country or will she be able to stay until the in canada app has gone through it's course.

Thanks in advance to all who reply

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland spousal applicants are usually not kicked out but it sometimes has happened if they are also refused as refugees. If she has to leave Canada, her inland application would be gone. Therefore it might be smarter to apply outland because if she gets kicked out, the outland would still continue to be processed.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If and only if they want her to have an interview, she would have to go to the visa office processing her case to have it.

arcticcat43

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Leon, Warsaw Poland is a long way to go for an Interview and could get costly for three people, would I be required at that interview also?

I guess we have some hard decisions to make, and I am pretty sure she is going to want to go with the inland. I just want what is best for us and her daughter.
This is very nerve racking.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arcticcat43 said:
Thanks Leon, Warsaw Poland is a long way to go for an Interview and could get costly for three people, would I be required at that interview also?
You would not have to appear for an interview and interviews are not that common if you properly prove your relationship to be genuine. The processing time is usually much shorter with outland but of course it is up to you.

If an inland requires an interview, it can easily add 1-3 years to your processing time depending on how busy your local office is.

arcticcat43

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really appreciate your help Leon,

I just looked at the outland and all of our proof of relationship happened in Canada ie flights from Saskatoon to Toronto, phone calls to Toronto, our wedding will be held in Saskatoon, photos are all in Canada, will this matter? Also from what I read they are asking for some documents that I am not sure she has copies for because some of her originals are with the IRB, I cannot check right now as I am on the road working in BC and she is at home in SK