+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
strength2 said:
It is May 1st today and this will be the 12th waiting month for Smirio, Ahmelina, Sara joon and myself :(. This is while 3 of us have passed the Iranian normal processing time of 8 months 3 months ago. I hope we will all hear something soon.
This has to be it really, I am speechless and am not feeling hopeful at the momentPlease give me some good news

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
at least this thread is active that gives me hope. The May outland thread is almost dead. Last message was April 7th and I guess there is only one left from Paris VO. All other applicants must have landed already.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Strength2,

That's right; in 14 days mine will be one year!
I also contacted my MP finally; he followed up and gave me same info I already knew. Our file is completed but it's has been stuck in security check since Oct 2016 which is very odd.
He said he cannot estimate jn figuring out how long this process will take and also he doesn't know why they requested security screening. He said: "Unfortunately we are not able to predict when the application will be complete nor do we have any knowledge of the reasons for this request." This to me also sounds like maybe not all applicants go through security screening. Or do they?

Anyway, this thread it really does give comfort. I hope all you sweet people get your results asap! Let us all be happy and look forward to the good news. I have a feeling we will all get it at same time :))

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
SMirio said:
Hi Strength2,

I also contacted my MP finally; he followed up and gave me same info I already knew. Our file is completed but it's has been stuck in security check since Oct 2016 which is very odd.
He said he cannot estimate jn figuring out how long this process will take and also he doesn't know why they requested security screening. He said: "Unfortunately we are not able to predict when the application will be complete nor do we have any knowledge of the reasons for this request." This to me also sounds like maybe not all applicants go through security screening. Or do they?

Anyway, this thread it really does give comfort. I hope all you sweet people get your results asap! Let us all be happy and look forward to the good news. I have a feeling we will all get it at same time :))
There are different types of security but unfortunately we don't know how they select which security screening they will be doing and seems like our husbands go through a more extensive screening :(
https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/esc-src/protection-safeguarding/niveaux-levels-eng.html

I just keep on praying that this insanity will be over very soon!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Your security time line is very similar to me. Mine is in security since 24 Oct. Maybe Turkey itself is holding all of us.

SMirio said:
Hi Strength2,

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ahmelina, I don't think they would send my husband's file for extensive screening since he has never worked in government jobs nor has he ever done military.
Anyway who knows.

Strength; true me and you are in very similar loop.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
SMirio said:
Ahmelina, I don't think they would send my husband's file for extensive screening since he has never worked in government jobs nor has he ever done military.
Anyway who knows.

Strength; true me and you are in very similar loop.
Seems like it doesn't matter to them because all of our husbands been assigned to an extensive screening. Otherwise it wouldn't take that long :(

I agree with strength2, most likely our native countries have already contributed and it's just Turkey that is doing its own database search or something else.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
mehdisk said:
Hi.

This report is very uesful :

oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html#ex2
Can't open it

mehdisk

Mar 31, 2017
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
29-5-2016
Doc's Request.
27-9-2016 : IMM5562
AOR Received.
01-6-2016
File Transfer...
28-7-2016 start process 10-08-2016
Med's Request
Generated Upfront 13-4-2016
Interview........
15-11-2016
Sara Joon said:
Can't open it
Because ban a link please at the beginning of the address add ww....please

mehdisk

Mar 31, 2017
Iran
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
29-5-2016
Doc's Request.
27-9-2016 : IMM5562
AOR Received.
01-6-2016
File Transfer...
28-7-2016 start process 10-08-2016
Med's Request
Generated Upfront 13-4-2016
Interview........
15-11-2016
mehdisk said:
Because ban a link please at the beginning of the address add ww....please

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I sent a request to CSIS to see what is going on but it takes 8 weeks to get the report. Now with this link I am not sure how I can know about CBAS status?

mehdisk said:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I got a reply from ministry of immigration even though it is not meaningful but I think you should all send an email to them and it is their job to deal with these issues so you will not disturb them like the way you are concerned not to disturb Ankara VO too much. The more they know about the issue the more they may take some actions.

This is in reply to your correspondence of March 2, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, about the processing of your husband’s application for permanent resident status in Canada.

We realize that you are looking forward to having your husband join you in Canada. Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible. However, over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for them in previous immigration levels plans, thus creating a backlog.

The Department is working to reduce the spousal inventory. Targeted in-Canada inventory reduction efforts started on June 13, 2016. As a separate exercise, the overseas network has also received higher processing targets for spousal cases, which is helping to reduce overseas spousal inventories. An additional 12,000 - 14,000 spaces were allocated in the 2016 Immigration Levels Plan to spouses, partners and children. Budget 2016 provided $25 million in 2016-17 to support faster and more predictable processing times for family sponsorship. Through this investment, application backlogs will be reduced and wait times will be significantly shortened.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependent(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to finalize an application.

While we cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of your husband’s application, we can assure you that he will be contacted as soon as a decision is made, or if additional information or documentation is required.

Thank you for writing and taking the time to express your concerns.

Y. Levesque

Ministerial Enquiries Division

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
As some of you know CIC now has super visa for parents which is a special kind of visitor visa which is valid for 10 years and let the parents stay in Canada for two years in sequence at a time. This supervise really helps people to stay connected with their parents even if PR application takes couple of years.

Why shouldn't it be a spouse super visa which will let the spouses to meet and stay together for 6 months or two years whatever CIC approves but at least to connect them while security check and PR is taking time. Is spouse living together less important than parents?!

Lets talk to MPs and minister about this.

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
SMirio said:
Hi Sarajoon,

I'm Persian from Vancouver BC. My husband is Iranian living in Iran.

Thanks for your positive output. I really hope all of us receive an end to this stressful waiting.

Dear Strength, No I'm not reaching out to to MP because MP can never do anything apart from finding out at which stage the application is stuck. We already received three responds saying that file is under security screening. We just have to wait. Do you know if MP can do anything else?
Hey smirio
I just wanted to know if you received any news, it's getting really long now for all of usI don't know when th result of security screening will be in? Don't know what to think anymore I hope tomorrow we get something

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Sarajoon,

No nothing! Can you believe it?! It will be May 15th soon and a year that will be passed. Have you read the confirmed news that was out on 6th Dec, 2016 that all spousal sponsorships around the world must all be completed within a year? If you google it you will see it.

i just don't understand it.
I don't think we'll hear anything on Sat and Sun.