+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
as i remenber when they refuse any application, send a letter and desribe reson.
one of the reason is that officer not satisfied that you leave canada .

SubZero_2 said:
But when I talked to my lawyer she told me that the chance of getting a TRV is very high because my wife is a student. She suggested that I apply for GCMS to know the exact reason of the refusal and then after a month that I get the results try to see the exact reason and try to satisfy it, do you think if it is worth doing ? She also said this application (TRV) will not have any effect on the PR application, what do you think? She said that this refusal is not bad because it caused them to take a look at her PR application. Any comment/feedback would be appreciated, I really feel frustration.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lboxixodl said:
as i remenber when they refuse any application, send a letter and desribe reson.
one of the reason is that officer not satisfied that you leave canada .
I agree with you. Once I wanted to apply for a tourist visa after I had sent my application for PR. In the requirements, one was that you have to convince the officer that you will get back to your home country by the visa being expired. For example you should show that you are a full time student, full time employee, or anything to prove that you definitely will get back. maybe there was a problem with the proof rather than any conflict with the PR application. Anyhow, I did not request for a tourist visa and I am still away from my beloved.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
My wife is a full time student; I talked to our lawyer she said that there is no conflict with PR application and she said a few of her clients got the TRV after the sponsorship approval, I would say it is completely officer based. Our lawyer told us that applying for tourist visa may force them to process PR application faster because they have to take a look at it before accept/refuse your TRV visa. I am probably going to apply for GCMS to see the exact reason of the officer's refusal.

Mehrdad said:
I agree with you. Once I wanted to apply for a tourist visa after I had sent my application for PR. In the requirements, one was that you have to convince the officer that you will get back to your home country by the visa being expired. For example you should show that you are a full time student, full time employee, or anything to prove that you definitely will get back. maybe there was a problem with the proof rather than any conflict with the PR application. Anyhow, I did not request for a tourist visa and I am still away from my beloved.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
My wife is a full time student; I talked to our lawyer she said that there is no conflict with PR application and she said a few of her clients got the TRV after the sponsorship approval, I would say it is completely officer based. Our lawyer told us that applying for tourist visa may force them to process PR application faster because they have to take a look at it before accept/refuse your TRV visa. I am probably going to apply for GCMS to see the exact reason of the officer's refusal.
Well, if I were in your shoes I would definitely do that. I think that you have the very right to be together, even if she comes to you as a tourist. It is also clear to everyone that she might not get back to her home country, instead, she would stay with her husband and wait for the immigration process to be completed. No laws would be broken...

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
What a week was last week. Not a single good news from Ankara. Hopefully Canadian embassy at Ankara will be shinny this week.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
That is really frustrating; July-August people from other Visa offices with processing time of 16-20 months are getting PPR. Why Ankara is so slow? Any updates?

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
distcom said:
This is too weird to me as well. Has anybody heard anything from Ankara in the last few days?
Nope :(

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
its so bad that didn't hear any news from Ankara.

as i see spreadsheet, in last quarter 2012 Ankara have less activity on sponsorship application. but in fist quarter of 2013 they start PPR storm.

SoH

Nov 8, 2013
lboxixodl said:
its so bad that didn't hear any news from Ankara.

as i see spreadsheet, in last quarter 2012 Ankara have less activity on sponsorship application. but in fist quarter of 2013 they start PPR storm.

Good News, I received my passport request 2 hours ago,they mentioned that:

Once issued, your permanent resident visa will expire on 2014/10/12, which is the validity date of your medical examination.
(It means that medical results are valid for 2 years)

It could be assumed that they are working on March,April applications (Because they started processing my PR application on march 19).

Wish you luck.

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
very good news

i so happy for you. that's amazing. because your time line near to me.

would you pleas tell us that when you sponsorship approved and send your application to Ankara?

SoH said:

Once issued, your permanent resident visa will expire on 2014/10/12, which is the validity date of your medical examination.

It could be assumed that they are working on March,April applications (Because they started processing my PR application on march 19).

Wish you luck.

SoH

Nov 8, 2013
[quote author=lboxixodl li
nk=topic=107669.msg2727148#msg2727148 date=1385050471]
very good news

i so happy for you. that's amazing. because your time line near to me.

would you pleas tell us that when you sponsorship approved and send your application to Ankara?

[/quote]

Tnx a lot. I hope you will receive good news very soon.
Below are my full status:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor SOH on November 16, 2012.

We started processing your application on December 5, 2012.

We sent you a letter on January 8, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence
We received SOH's application for permanent residence on November 16, 2012.

We started processing SOH's application on March 19, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

Wish you happiness.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SoH said:

Wish you luck.
Congratulations! So happy for you!!

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
wow congrats to you, was yours a complicated case?

12 months is hella long time. Still hoping I will be back to Canada by my wife's bday in march, really dont want to spend xmas,news years,valentines AND her birthday away from her

I really am impressed by your patience and wish you all the best in re-uniting with your significant other.

Heres to hope we all will soon.

Tired of watching Sydney,Colombo and other offices rush through applications while we are stuck :(