+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Turkey2013, dont listen to anything negative

There may be quite a few red flags to immigration officer or something that we would review as a red flag and immigration officer wouldnt (vice versa).

This is like exam: either you know the subject or you don't. So either you are real or you are fake. Sounds like you are real.

Now just get out there and kick some ass, you will do great ;)

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Thank you guys, and btw I am way over that time that I get offended, it is a forum and we are all entitled to a freedom of speech.

Now here is my freedom of speech: What is so frustrating about this whole process is that IF WE were NOT a genuine couple, let me assure you that I would have thought of every little bitty details to how to make it look more real, got myself into a forum before sending application to ECAS, hired even a lawyer....but NO, I thought to myself HOW in the world could they see this as not being genuine....later I get myself into this forum and read the horror stories and realize OMG WE have a relationship that has RED FLAGS!!!!!!! Makes you realize that every little details is scrutinized and looked upon as a fraud when in reality we just LOVE EACHOTHER, and that we would have NOT passed two years soon three years in front of a webcam, exchanging EVERYDAY about our lives, future, watching tv together, spending my savings on trips because we miss eachother so much and cannot bear being apart.

With all this said and done, December 5 will be the DAY being decided by one individual, (hopefully the night before he would have been with his wife....he will be in a good mood) and my husband knows me very well and he will answer all his questions. If ever for some wild reason he is not granted PR, like I always said on this forum, I will sell my house, I will leave my govt's job, I will leave my family, friends and move to Turkey and so help me GOD will stay there till we die.

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
There is no good news from Ankara coming. Are they in a sort of strike or something? Why aren't there any news from Ankara?

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
distcom said:
There is no good news from Ankara coming. Are they in a sort of strike or something? Why aren't there any news from Ankara?
They are not on strike, and they are working on files. Our little forum only accounts for a small percentage of the amount of visa applications they receive in a day. So just because there is no news on our end, does not mean they are working.

I know they are working because they gave Turkey2013 an interview date and asked for additional documents from me. We both applied in April.

I would be patient as they still have backlog from the strike and it takes a while to go through someone's file.

Patience is a virtue ;)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone in this forum ever received a phone call from the Ankara Embassy - as like a phone interview type call?!

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
Has anyone in this forum ever received a phone call from the Ankara Embassy - as like a phone interview type call?!
I never did! Did you? Did they call you or is it just by curiosity?

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turkey2013 said:
I never did! Did you? Did they call you or is it just by curiosity?
They called my hubby yesterday. Asked him 4 questions and that was it.

It was really weird, so my hubby went to our lawyer yesterday and they said it was in fact an interview...

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
They called my hubby yesterday. Asked him 4 questions and that was it.

It was really weird, so my hubby went to our lawyer yesterday and they said it was in fact an interview...

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of questions was he asked?

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of questions was he asked?
If he's been to the US or lived there before, where we live, what he does in Canada. That was it. Like the shortest interview in the history of interviews or what?!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
If he's been to the US or lived there before, where we live, what he does in Canada. That was it. Like the shortest interview in the history of interviews or what?!
Hmm...maybe it's because he is now in Canada but applied outland? Perhaps Ankara doesn't get that a lot and wanted to make sure the info provided on your forms is the most up-to-date? I don't think there is anything to worry about by those questions. They didn't drill him on any relationship type questions so that seems like a good sign.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
SooMazi said:
Hmm...maybe it's because he is now in Canada but applied outland? Perhaps Ankara doesn't get that a lot and wanted to make sure the info provided on your forms is the most up-to-date? I don't think there is anything to worry about by those questions. They didn't drill him on any relationship type questions so that seems like a good sign.
To add, they probably wanted to clear up the questions quite quickly, rather than send you an email/letter and request his answers is writing. I think that's a good thing - moving the process at a faster pace. Have you seen any changes in eCas?

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
To add, they probably wanted to clear up the questions quite quickly, rather than send you an email/letter and request his answers is writing. I think that's a good thing - moving the process at a faster pace. Have you seen any changes in eCas?
No changes in Ecas!

He had a work permit extension in Los Angeles and they wanted to make sure he has never lived there or traveled there (because we indicated on his application that he did not). I don't see anything bad either, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had a "phone interview" before!

Turkey2013

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Interview........
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-03-2014
Mrs.Asag said:
No changes in Ecas!

He had a work permit extension in Los Angeles and they wanted to make sure he has never lived there or traveled there (because we indicated on his application that he did not). I don't see anything bad either, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had a "phone interview" before!
It seems just like a formality kind of a thing so I am so sure soon your status will change and you will have great news to share with US!!! Thinking of you, keep us posted!!! xoxo

distcom

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
I wish very good news from Ankara this week. Hopefully they will help us as couples to celebrate the christmas and new year holidays together.