+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farnazzz said:
For sure.
I live in Toronto.
Hi Farnaz. Any new events? Is your status still Application Received? Any changes?

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
Hi Farnaz. Any new events? Is your status still Application Received? Any changes?
This forum has been so quiet lately :(

I was hoping there would be a lot more activity!

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:
This forum has been so quiet lately :(

I was hoping there would be a lot more activity!
Yeah... What about your status? is it still Application received? I received my AOR on July 25th and I am expecting for a change in the status.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Just checked the spreadsheet and it looks like someone got a PPR yesterday (8 October). Slowly but surely things are moving...!

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
Yeah... What about your status? is it still Application received? I received my AOR on July 25th and I am expecting for a change in the status.
It is still application received...

I hope they aren't slowing down because Kurban is coming, maybe a lot of people are on holiday?

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Mrs.Asag said:

I hope they aren't slowing down because Kurban is coming, maybe a lot of people are on holiday?
I doubt the proportion of muslim officers in the VO is so big to slow everything down.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Abe1004 said:
I doubt the proportion of muslim officers in the VO is so big to slow everything down.
Unfortunately according to the Canadian Embassy in Ankara website the visa office is closed:
October 14 Arefe günü / Thanksgiving Day
October 15-17 Kurban Bayramı

However, I remember reading that CIC stated it will provide special measures to deal with the backlog in each visa office, so perhaps they will get some people to work overtime.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
SooMazi said:
Unfortunately according to the Canadian Embassy in Ankara website the visa office is closed:

October 15-17 Kurban Bayramı
I find this pretty weird, since I am pretty sure both Turkey and Canada are secular countries and since Canadian Embassy falls under Canadian jurisdiction, I dont understand why would they want to be closed on Kurban. Nevertheless, I dont think one day decides anything but still..

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two days is not bas, of course if they are Muslim they deserve to have Kurban off!

Just with the strike just ending I hope they do work overtime or something to help with the backlog, espeically with this holiday and then Christmas/ New Years coming up soon.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:

I was checking out the Timeline spreadsheet and I noticed that someone has had her/his Sponsorship Approval on March and had her/his In Process status on July and finally PPR on October. Since I usually compare different cases to have a rough estimate for my own case, I realized that if you have received AOR on April, then something might be wrong with your case. I don's know what you have to do in this situation but I think that you have to do something anyway...

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
hi to all

one of member of applyabroad forum get his ppr letter yesterday. i update his time line by e_sh28108 in spreadsheet.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mehrdad said:
I was checking out the Timeline spreadsheet and I noticed that someone has had her/his Sponsorship Approval on March and had her/his In Process status on July and finally PPR on October. Since I usually compare different cases to have a rough estimate for my own case, I realized that if you have received AOR on April, then something might be wrong with your case. I don's know what you have to do in this situation but I think that you have to do something anyway...
Doesn't look like any of my April buddies have had a status change. We applied right when the strike happened so we are probably all right in the backlog. I don't think anything is wrong with my case - we did everything we were supposed to and everything our lawyer advised for evidence.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs.Asag said:
Doesn't look like any of my April buddies have had a status change. We applied right when the strike happened so we are probably all right in the backlog. I don't think anything is wrong with my case - we did everything we were supposed to and everything our lawyer advised for evidence.
Alright then. Well since I compared my case with that one I was expecting for my status change in the coming 20 days, but now I see that maybe no change even in 4 or 5 months. That's too much!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
ratatat said:
i got my payment of right of permanent residence fee (rprf) request letter today (10.10.2013) via email.
my permanent residence application status is still "application received" though.
Mrs.Asag said:
Maybe they are not updating Ecas... which wouldn't surprise me :)

Congrats on receiving the letter today! Great news :D
Yeah I agree, I think this is just more evidence to show that not all visa officers take the time to update the Ecas system, which all of us have to remember. Just because we see "application received" doesn't necessarily mean they aren't processing it. I remember reading that some one who applied through the Ankara VO never saw "in process" on their Ecas, and still got the PPR email after 7 months of only "application received" showing.

Anyway, good news for Thursday ratatat! You are now one step closer to getting PPR! :)

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
Yeah I agree, I think this is just more evidence to show that not all visa officers take the time to update the Ecas system, which all of us have to remember. Just because we see "application received" doesn't necessarily mean they aren't processing it. I remember reading that some one who applied through the Ankara VO never saw "in process" on their Ecas, and still got the PPR email after 7 months of only "application received" showing.

Anyway, good news for Thursday ratatat! You are now one step closer to getting PPR! :)
Oh man, that would suck! Just to see in processing all the time would be so discouraging! But its got they got PPR, I would be so worried haha! Did they order the notes or just wait it out?

I hope all of us get good news soon!!!! Especially those waiting 6 + months :)