+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
cyclist said:
hi..what did they ask ? anything different than what was posted here?
cyclist said:
cyclist said:
Every case is different to be honest . If you have red flags in your case They ask more questions about that . You can see from your gcms notes. Dates names and location are really important if you know you partner well there is nothing to get stressed.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
braveheart09 said:
Every case is different to be honest . If you have red flags in your case They ask more questions about that . You can see from your gcms notes.
Hopping to waive it. Only challenge would be for me is I am a Turkish citizen living in Canada for last 5 years if interview is required I need to go Turkey I guess ,which doesn't make any sense to me since I reside in Canada.

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
cyclist said:
Hopping to waive it. Only challenge would be for me is I am a Turkish citizen living in Canada for last 5 years if interview is required I need to go Turkey I guess ,which doesn't make any sense to me since I reside in Canada.
I think you applied outland because it has shorter proccessing. And about waive the interwiew you need to send a lot of proofs like chats photos wedding etc and no red flags kind of , age difference, religion your length of relationship and especially officer if they have questions about your case they just call you in. If you dont have any problems about these you are ok. But when you get approved you need to land in Canada with your copr which means you need to get your docs from Turkey and land in your destination in Canada or I m not sure about that you can contact with cic you can ask to land in US border but like I said I saw this on forum I m not sure. You can ask one of senior member.

negative

Nov 2, 2015
Hi!

Does anyone applied for WP from Ankara? I was offered a job in Canada. After many months of waiting we got the LMIA. 2 weeks ago we collected all the documents and the company's lawyer applied online for the Work Permit. My wife also applied for the Open Work Permit with the same application. She could do that because I will be doing NOC A job. We are both Turkish citizens living in Istanbul and have no ties with Canada. When I checked processing times it was 1 month for Ankara, but now it is "No data available." Can I assume that they do not get many WP applications?

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
@braveheart09..I haven't applied yet but I have collected all the documents and filled out forms only missing 2 documents from Turkey. (Military service completed docs and notice of assessment for tax)
I am in common law relationship..in relationship for 2.5 years and living together for 1.2 years ..so no chat logs but pictures from our trips.reservation confirmation for our trips with related puctures.Facebook pictures..tax return (we filed together) individual decorations from 1 friend and her mom and my sister.copy of Bills my name and our address on it..I believe these are enough. But it's what CIC believes :) I can't find any outlanders who live in Canada. Don't know what the process is honestly but shorter processing time is tempting. On cic site not much info on that neither .

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
cyclist said:
@braveheart09..I haven't applied yet but I have collected all the documents and filled out forms only missing 2 documents from Turkey. (Military service completed docs and notice of assessment for tax)
I am in common law relationship..in relationship for 2.5 years and living together for 1.2 years ..so no chat logs but pictures from our trips.reservation confirmation for our trips with related puctures.Facebook pictures..tax return (we filed together) individual decorations from 1 friend and her mom and my sister.copy of Bills my name and our address on it..I believe these are enough. But it's what CIC believes :) I can't find any outlanders who live in Canada. Don't know what the process is honestly but shorter processing time is tempting. On cic site not much info on that neither .
Hi, cyclist it think I didn't mention that I am Turkish citizen my wife Canadian. I lived in canada for 5 years before I applied outland but I prefered to go Turkey missed there a lot lol. so processing time for Turkey is max 6 months if you don't have any red flags , criminality or deportation. If you have red flags up to 11 months. from what you said looks like you don't have any red flags so you are good to go :) good luck on your journey lol :D

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
hi fellows I check the 2016 outland spreadsheet and no Ankara VO unfortunately. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nQFdDeeLRGrdl_DzlAumwv6nyz-oprHo5rU1bGdDdqs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=658388151
\could you please put your timeline to help others.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
braveheart09 said:
Hi, cyclist it think I didn't mention that I am Turkish citizen my wife Canadian. I lived in canada for 5 years before I applied outland but I prefered to go Turkey missed there a lot lol. so processing time for Turkey is max 6 months if you don't have any red flags , criminality or deportation. If you have red flags up to 11 months. from what you said looks like you don't have any red flags so you are good to go :) good luck on your journey lol :D
oh nice we are on the same both. I hope I dont need to go to Turkey other than interview though. I will ask someone

balasana89

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
Doc's Request.
02-03-2018 - Schedule A and PCC
AOR Received.
02-03-2018 AOR 1
File Transfer...
29-03-2018
My husband received an **Interview Invitation Letter** from ankara visa office yesterday Sad , however he is not able to attend due to issues with him being unable to get a turkish visa. He has already emailed them to let them know he won't be able to attend the interview.

Does anyone know what AVO next step might be or do you guys have a similar experience with another visa office? Cry

We are wondering if they would allow him to be interviewed in Georgia as this is where he resides right now.

COPY OF EMAIL
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
The examination of your application includes a personal interview with a visa officer. You are requested to appear for a personal interview at the Canadian Embassy in Ankara on 28 June 2016 at 11:30 AM.
This letter must be presented to the Embassy receptionist on the day of your interview.
At the interview, you must present valid passports for yourself and any accompanying family member. Please also bring the originals of documents marked on the below list, as well as the originals of any documents that you have already submitted.
Please confirm within 5 days via e-mail if you can attend the interview or not. You are also required to reconfirm the language(s) you are capable of being interviewed in. Please note that, the embassy can provide you with an interpreter in Russian, Georgian, Farsi and Arabic languages. If you do not speak Russian, Georgian, Farsi, Arabic, Turkish, English or French you must bring a certified interpreter with you to the interview. The officer will not undertake the interview if the interpretation is not adequate. Please note that immigration consultants, sponsors and relatives will not be allowed to interpret for applicants.
If you have not already done so, you may ask your sponsor to pay your right of permanent residence fee (RPRF). Failure to do so will delay the processing of your application.
If you are intending to reside in the Province of Quebec, please ensure that you have requested a Certificate de Selection du Quebec (CSQ). Failure to do so will delay the processing of your application.
Please note that if you fail to appear for this interview the examination of your application will be completed based on the material available in your application. This could result in the refusal of your application.
Please note that this letter is not an authorization to enter Canada and you should not leave your employment, liquidate your assets or incur any other commitment until you have received a visa.
Sincerely,

Immigration Section

Embassy of Canada
Cinnah Caddesi no: 58
06690, Çankaya
Ankara, Turkey
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
Please bring the following original documents when you come for the interview. You should also bring the original of any documents that you have already submitted. You must also bring photocopies of any document not already submitted. Documents must be translated into English or French by a certified translator. Unless otherwise indicated, all forms and documents must be submitted for yourself and any accompanying dependent aged 18 years and older.
Proof of Relationship Documents:
· You are required to provide proof of relationship/communication, e.g. provide proof of ongoing communication between you and your sponsor especially since your marriage (phone bills, letters, e-mails, Internet chats, etc.). Do not submit calling cards.
· Please provide us more photos of you together and from your wedding (not only studio photos), if applicable photos clearly showing who attended your wedding (relatives/family members/friends).
· If you have met again since your wedding, please send us update photos (write when and where each photo was taken) of you and your spouse spending time together if available. If you can please provide proof of travel if you have visited your spouse or if your sponsor has visited you since application, please provide proof etc.
· If applicable, provide proof of financial support by sponsor, e.g. financial assistance to the spouse or any other document that you deem pertinent to support your case.
· Please provide any other document that you deem pertinent to prove your relationship is genuine.
· If you are in a common law relationship with your sponsor, proof of cohabitation for at least one year in a conjugal relationship. This evidence may include (but should not be limited to) evidence of co-habitation, correspondence, joint property and assets, and photographs.

· Please submit proof of residency in Canada for your sponsor. Additional documentation may include the following: Letter of employment from Canadian employer, Canadian banking statements demonstrating recent transactions, rental/lease agreement in Canada, and utility bills in Canada.

Civil Documents:
· Provide passports and 4 recent color passport-sized photographs for yourself and your accompanying family members.

· Birth certificates for yourself and your accompanying family members.

· National identity documents/cards.

· Marriage certificate.

· If you and/or your sponsor were previously married and are now divorced: divorce certificate(s).

· If you and/or your sponsor were previously married and are now widowed: death certificate for your former spouse(s)

· If you have a child who will accompany you, provide a custody document issued by the relevant judicial authority granting you custody of your son/daughter. Also submit a completed Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada Form (IMM5604). Note that a photocopy of a valid and legible identity document of the Non-Accompany Parent/Guardian must be included.

Forms:
· Newly completed and updated forms, as listed below for yourself.
- Schedule A [IMM 5669]
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM 5562]
** All questions must be answered in full. Details must be provided for every month/year since the age of 18. Do not leave any gaps or blanks. All forms must be signed and dated. Incomplete forms will be returned to you for completion and will result in delays in the processing of your application. Completing the forms electronically is easier and reduces the risks of errors that can slow down the application process.

Admissibility Documents:

· Provide updated original police certificates for all applicants aged 18 or over from Georgia.

· Military service card and military service background record or proof of military service exemption for yourself.

dave77123

Jun 18, 2016
i was denied entrance as a tourist to isreal at there border because they thought someone is coming to work or for reason best known and my wife filled 3days stayin the travel history form while i just stayed one night ,. i am worried if this wont cause delay or problem with our process. i know i am not a criminal or have any bad record any where in the world.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
Anyone aware of what happened with this persons app?

My husband Received the same request for an interview in Ankara visa office. However due to Immigration status he does not have travel authorization. The Email requested to reply within 5 days. we replied and made them aware of the situation that he does not have travel authorization out of the USA and we did not get a reply back. It has been 5 days.

any advice?
thanks!

cyclist said:
oh nice we are on the same both. I hope I dont need to go to Turkey other than interview though. I will ask someone

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
ProCaNaDa-MZ said:
Anyone aware of what happened with this persons app?

My husband Received the same request for an interview in Ankara visa office. However due to Immigration status he does not have travel authorization. The Email requested to reply within 5 days. we replied and made them aware of the situation that he does not have travel authorization out of the USA and we did not get a reply back. It has been 5 days.

any advice?
thanks!
I applied yesterday so I don't know if I am going to be required to go to Turkey for interview...why do you think your husband's invited..any red flags if you don't mind me asking..trying to figure out if I need to go to Turkey in my case.

ProCaNaDa-MZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
waiting...
cyclist said:
I applied yesterday so I don't know if I am going to be required to go to Turkey for interview...why do you think your husband's invited..any red flags if you don't mind me asking..trying to figure out if I need to go to Turkey in my case.
We applied in February and ordered GCMS notes in May. My husband is the principal applicant living in USA and I am the sponsor living in Canada. However when we received the notes, there were 2 paragraphs of notes. ONLY one stated the correct case. "Applicant lives in USA and Sponsor lives in Canada." The other notes stated the exact opposite. I do not know how an officer looking at the application can mix up where the applicant lives but that was what happened. Simple right?..The officer went even as far as saying my husband was once a refugee in canada. That was never the case. We went to MP and he laughed at the mistake and was baffled and asked how they could make this mistake and wrote an email to correct the notes. It a week laterwe received a email from ankara immigration embassy asking for an interview. So i suppose it is because of this very same reason that My husband was asked to go. Because of the officer who wrote wrong notes... Now my husband is responsible to interview and tell them face to face that he never lived in canada. EVEN though all evidence and application forms never mentioned he lived in canada. So because of the officers mistake. A high school student looking at the application could have figured that out. The application is prolonged and we are in limbo at the moment waiting for a response. Even if you cross your t's and dot your I's, you better pray an officer doesn't make a mistake which can flip your process upside down....

KITJ

Mar 19, 2016
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum,I'm sponsoring my husband from iran to canada,our application is in process since April 26th in ankara,could any one give me some information about timeline of receiving PPR?

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
hi ProCaNaDa-MZ...thats ridiculous. Immigration should do NO MISTAKE what soever. We spend lots of time and money for this process however with one mistake it may end ...so bad. hopefully they will see their mistake, there is no reason not to see though. how did they do the bacgroud check and see your husband is refugee even though he is not. weird.