Lives there that can ask

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Even on google it says their open.So they must be open.does anyone live in
Jordon or
Know
Someone
Lives there that can ask
They are open but they do not process any Canadian applications at this moment. The canadian embassies overseas are focusing in bringing Canadian on board to home when they done they will resume processing the current applications They have .

The visa office in Amman not only for canada they process applications to other countries

See this like for up to date news for CIC its helpful

https://www.cicnews.com/

As far as i know canada will resume international flight to foreigners on july 1, but this could change depending on the current situation

This friday alberta will lunch stage 2 of re-opening which is good news, hopefully by end of this month they will lunch stage 3 which will include the international flights

In april there were 4000 new immigrants entered canada so i think they are processing some applications but they are very slow

Hopefully we will have a good news make us all happy

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Today the Immigration sent me a letter and basically rejecting our application and giving us 60 days if we have any more documents to provide.
I'm talking to lawyers here but I don't know what to do anymore.
In conclusion, They are working on applications and you should hear back soon from them.

Reactions: Nina12

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Why they reject?
I was married in Ecuador since 2015 then we moved to Canada
We got our PR in 2018
My ex wife got a job outside of Canada and decided to move in December 2018, In April we decided to get a divorce
I went back to Ecuador and got the divorce and was finalized in May
In July 2019 I got married, My new wife is in Iraq and I did the sponsorship
It was sent to Jordan, Biometrics done and medical
And Today they sent me a letter saying that they don't recognize my divorce
According to this law: 22 (1) A divorce granted, on or after the coming into force of this Act, pursuant to a law of a country or subdivision of a country other than Canada by a tribunal or other authority having jurisdiction to do so shall be recognized for all purposes of determining the marital status in Canada of any person, if either former spouse was ordinarily resident in that country or subdivision for at least one year immediately preceding the commencement of proceedings for the divorce.

So Basically in order for them to recognize a foreign divorce we had to be living for a year immediately before the divorce in Ecuador
And since we were living in Canada they won't recognize it
So I'm not divorced legally
According to Canada
And they're giving me 60 days to provide any more info or the application will be rejected
How is this even possible??
I got divorced in Ecuador and I provided the divorce certificate
But for some reason I have to be living there for a year immediately before filing for divorce??
Now basically I have to wait 60 days to get rejected, File for divorce again Then fly to Jordan to get married again to my current wife
Then file a new application And wait for another year
What kind of madness is this?

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
I mean 60 then what
I was married in Ecuador since 2015 then we moved to Canada
We got our PR in 2018
My ex wife got a job outside of Canada and decided to move in December 2018, In April we decided to get a divorce
I went back to Ecuador and got the divorce and was finalized in May
In July 2019 I got married, My new wife is in Iraq and I did the sponsorship
It was sent to Jordan, Biometrics done and medical
And Today they sent me a letter saying that they don't recognize my divorce
According to this law: 22 (1) A divorce granted, on or after the coming into force of this Act, pursuant to a law of a country or subdivision of a country other than Canada by a tribunal or other authority having jurisdiction to do so shall be recognized for all purposes of determining the marital status in Canada of any person, if either former spouse was ordinarily resident in that country or subdivision for at least one year immediately preceding the commencement of proceedings for the divorce.

So Basically in order for them to recognize a foreign divorce we had to be living for a year immediately before the divorce in Ecuador
And since we were living in Canada they won't recognize it
So I'm not divorced legally
According to Canada
And they're giving me 60 days to provide any more info or the application will be rejected
How is this even possible??
I got divorced in Ecuador and I provided the divorce certificate
But for some reason I have to be living there for a year immediately before filing for divorce??
Now basically I have to wait 60 days to get rejected, File for divorce again Then fly to Jordan to get married again to my current wife
Then file a new application And wait for another year
What kind of madness is this?
omg that is crazy.Dont worry your lawyer can help you.So amman visa centre sent this to you?which means their working.Omg I hope u get help and inshallah we all get updates

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly why did they not tell u that.Now the officer at amman decided to do that.Dont they feel sorry for us...i
Mean they just of sent u pre arrival not rejection

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Honestly why did they not tell u that.Now the officer at amman decided to do that.Dont they feel sorry for us...i
Mean they just of sent u pre arrival not rejection
They should have said that when I first sent the application !!!
Not wait for 9 months and she did biometrics and did her medical exam and now the officer says this???
How is this possible?
The letter was from the embassy and not from the visa office

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
They should have said that when I first sent the application !!!
Not wait for 9 months and she did biometrics and did her medical exam and now the officer says this???
How is this possible?
The letter was from the embassy and not from the visa office
That’s crazy and what did the lawyer say?my spouse only got
Biometrics in nov and they ask for police report again and ever since nov I had
Zero updates.I spend $4000 on lawyer and still I’m waiting long

AliMZaki

Star Member
May 2, 2020
That’s crazy and what did the lawyer say?my spouse only got
Biometrics in nov and they ask for police report again and ever since nov I had
Zero updates.I spend $4000 on lawyer and still I’m waiting long
I spent the money on lawyer and application
Plus all the money for flying myself, My wife and both our families to Jordan and getting married and we stayed there for a while.
Imagine all this time and effort for months a d now we get this response !
The lawyer is not sure but he's looking into it.

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
I spent the money on lawyer and application
Plus all the money for flying myself, My wife and both our families to Jordan and getting married and we stayed there for a while.
Imagine all this time and effort for months a d now we get this response !
The lawyer is not sure but he's looking into it.
Omg inshallah the lawyer can help
You.For sure the officer in Amman make this decision.Honeslty that’s a lot of money ....that’s crazy.inshallah Allah will help
You.But people get divorce and married so what is their problem.people find new people to spend their lives with.i don’t understand why they sent you that message

ZeeSho

Oct 24, 2019
Today the Immigration sent me a letter and basically rejecting our application and giving us 60 days if we have any more documents to provide.
In conclusion, They are working on applications and you should hear back soon from them.
I am sorry to hear that, a few situations similar to you happened before , you would challenge the refusal to the Federal Court of Canada by hiring a lawyer you can explain everything to the judge and if you have more proof for your divorce will be good. Inshallah the judge will be satisfied and will not reject your application

All the beet luck for you , i hope everything will work with you

SKY777

Dec 19, 2019
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your application so far but don't lose hope!

You may try to seek an advice from a good lawyer before you take any further steps to ensure that you follow the right steps in order to avoid mistakes that costs time.

All the best

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
Today on Twitter they posted saying immigration offices are opening now and they put the list on and United Arab Emirates,Abu Dhabi,abd Dubai and 23 more offices opening and now open.is amman considered United Arab Emirates???

Reactions: ZeeSho

Nina12

Champion Member
Nov 1, 2017
I got this update for my application

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on June 14, 2019.
• The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on October 28, 2019.
• The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements,
o the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Canadian visa office in Amman.
• The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
• The criminality verifications are currently valid.
• The security verifications have not been initiated.

Reactions: ZeeSho

texpat

Jun 6, 2020
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020
Today on Twitter they posted saying immigration offices are opening now and they put the list on and United Arab Emirates,Abu Dhabi,abd Dubai and 23 more offices opening and now open.is amman considered United Arab Emirates???
Interesting, what is the Twitter handle/username that posts this information? I would like to follow them.