Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Eid Mubarak to all as well...it was only my second Ramadan and my first with my husband as I was working in Africa last year and had to finish my contract before being able to move back to the UAE to be with him. It was a very special time that's for sure...

:)

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hope everyone is doing well....so I received SA today and found out that our application is being transferred to Amman VO.

Would love to hear from other people's experiences on the Amman office. So far there are only three of us on the 2015 Outland spreadsheet (but based on the processing times being 24 months, I imagine there are more people waiting since 2013, 2014....

Did anyone receive AOR after their application was transferred to Amman VO? What format (email, mail)

What has been your experience with the PPR? (especially if you live outside Jordan)

Anyone not able to obtain police clearance from Syria (my husband was told to go to Syria to get his - something he cannot do)? Did it affect your application?

I'm going to compile all of the timelines for Amman applicants into one place https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukPQkMd8eGxhMw3E8xmcUeo6sjsoY1osGDF7Xeiwwh4/edit#gid=658388151(hopefully people don't mind if I search through the forums and add info as I come across it). If anyone else wants to help, please let me know (or just add any that are not there). If you see you info there and don't want it on the spreadsheet, just remove it (I won't lock the spreadsheet)

Finally, I started a new thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/amman-visa-office-outland-family-class-t317995.0.html...if you could post your answers there...that would be great as the few of us on the 2015 spreadsheet are there as well. Or if people feel this thread should remain the active one, just let us know :)

It's going to be a long two years....especially if the Amman office is not sending out updates. Oh well....only thing is to keep going and do the best that we can while we wait.

Looking forward to hearing from other Amman applicants :)

Take care,

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
M-90 said:
Salam,,,,
Apply in UAE VO as long you have a 1 year residency permission in one of this countries Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, it was my big mistake when I applied in Amman VO, they are slow, they don't reply to E-mails
We included a request in our application (both parts - mine and his) asking for the file to be transferred to the Abu Dhabi visa office should SA be given...but I guess they didn't care. His residency was just renewed in March 2015 and is good til March 2017 :(

Someone suggested contacting them right away to see if they can transfer it to the Abu Dhabi office....is this worth doing?

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I found this post and have entered the details into a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukPQkMd8eGxhMw3E8xmcUeo6sjsoY1osGDF7Xeiwwh4/edit#gid=658388151

If we can get everyone to check their info / add their timelines (even you have landed) it will help to give others hope...and if things are taking way too long, it will give us some data to help back up our case with the MP's (the users are all anonymous in this forum so people's ID cannot be determined)

dedoz said:
The Excel sheet idea is great, i wanted to do one as well but didnt have time to. Ill add my info to it. btw couple of weeks ago i skimmed this whole thread and collected the info of some users that shared their timeline in the last couple of months, so i collected the info from their timelines and comments. I think that would help build up your excelsheet. If these users can add more info themselves that would be even better.

cheers

Roro86
Visa Office......: Amman
Med's Done....: 20-02-2013
App. Filed.......: 22-07-2013
AOR Received.: 26-08-2013
File Transfer...: 26-08-2013
Doc's Request.: 08-12-2014
Interview........: 28-01-2015
Passport Req..: 24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...: 15-03-2015

CanadianKurd
filed :November 4,2013
Med: December 5, 2014
PPR: January 13, 2015

athraa.abb
Med's Done....: 19-09-2013
App. Filed.......: 21-11-2013
AOR Received.: 12-12-2013
File Transfer...: 20-12-2013
Med Request: 22-10-2014
Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
ADR: ~08-01-2015: sponsor or the proof of income & 2nd med
ADR2: ~09-03-2015:
ecas DM: 27-05-2015

angryrectangle
Med's Done....: 17-02-2014
App. Filed.......: 24-03-2014
AOR Received.: 04-04-2014
File Transfer...: 11-04-2014
received in amman: 24-07-2014 !!!!
Passport Req..: 03-11-2014 (ecas app received)

mal123
filed: 21-12-2012
SA: 17-01-2013
ecas in process: 17-03-2014
PPR: 08-2014

rbo15
med: 11-2012
filed: 12-2012
ecas received: 08-01-2013
ecas starting processing: 29-01-2013
adr med: 05-2014
PPR: 20-08-2014

soso23
Med's Done....: 22-11-2012
App. Filed.......: 14-02-2013
AOR Received.: 13-03-2013
File Transfer...: 13-03-2013
adr: 11-05-2014 -second medical, police
Passport Req..: 25-08-2014

Sandrasoso
Application sent-June 18/2012
File transfer -Aug 22/2012
2nd Medicals requested- Aug 28/2013
File started processing Aug 28/2013
Passport requested Dec 16/2013

Fatush
App. Filed.......: 8-2-2012
File Transfer...: 15-5-2012
ADR: 5-3-2013 police, med, ecas in progress
ADR: 29-03-2014 police
Passport Req..: 4-8-2014

2gther4ever
Med: Aug 2012
App. Filed.......: November 9, 2012
AOR Received.: Jan 23, 2013
File Transfer...: Jan 23, 2013
ADR: April 26, 2014 med, military card
Passport Req..: Aug. 20, 2014

usef_cnd
Med: 05-12-2012
App. Filed.......: 27-01-2013
AOR Received.: 15-02-2013
File Transfer...: 15-02-2013
ecas in progress: 15-03-2014
adr: 13-06-2014, med, civil status of entry
Passport Req..: 19/08/2014

sarahdd
Application filled Nov.6 th 2012
File transferd Jan.23 2013
Adr: 26-04-2014 med, civil doc

wissamrar
filed: 03-08-2012
ecas in progress: 26-02-2014
adr: 30-03-2014 police, med, pprf
ppr: 25-06-2014 + iraqi id and national cards

luayalali
App. Filed.......: 7-2-2012
AOR Received.: 17-5-2012
File Transfer...: 17-5-2012
Doc's Request.: 25-2-2013
Med's Request: 20-8-2013
Interview........: 20-3-2014
Passport Req..: 23-3-2014

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
chilkootcee said:
I found this post and have entered the details into a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukPQkMd8eGxhMw3E8xmcUeo6sjsoY1osGDF7Xeiwwh4/edit#gid=658388151

If we can get everyone to check their info / add their timelines (even you have landed) it will help to give others hope...and if things are taking way too long, it will give us some data to help back up our case with the MP's (the users are all anonymous in this forum so people's ID cannot be determined)
Awesome, Thanks! I have fixed some typos in the sheet. and also fixed the "SA to PPR" column, which tells us how long it took ppl from SA to PPR. Hope other members join us and update/add their info.

JiJi77

Aug 7, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have a lot of questions that I cannot find answers to.

1.Once my husband and I send in our application, is it okay for me (i am Canadian by birth) and my husband to live in Amman to wait for the results? I cannot imagine living apart for 2 years.

2. Does the fact that if I move away from Canada alter the decision for us to be allowed into Canada? I will not have any stable income but we can live with my parents rent free until we are back on our feet if they allow him into Canada.

3. Can we travel to UAE, DUBAI, OMAN etc where I can work while we wait for the decision, or does my Jordanian husband have to live in Jordan ONLY until the decision is made?

4. Is it better for me to stay in Canada and work while we wait, or does it not make a difference where I live? (canada or amman)

5. If we are allowed to move outside of Jordan, can I apply through a different visa office than Amman for my husband? (i,e. UAE)

6. Does the amount of money I make matter when applying for as a sponsor for my spouse?

Can anyone help with these questions?

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
JiJi77 said:
Hi everyone,
I have a lot of questions that I cannot find answers to.

1.Once my husband and I send in our application, is it okay for me (i am Canadian by birth) and my husband to live in Amman to wait for the results? I cannot imagine living apart for 2 years.

2. Does the fact that if I move away from Canada alter the decision for us to be allowed into Canada? I will not have any stable income but we can live with my parents rent free until we are back on our feet if they allow him into Canada.

3. Can we travel to UAE, DUBAI, OMAN etc where I can work while we wait for the decision, or does my Jordanian husband have to live in Jordan ONLY until the decision is made?

4. Is it better for me to stay in Canada and work while we wait, or does it not make a difference where I live? (canada or amman)

5. If we are allowed to move outside of Jordan, can I apply through a different visa office than Amman for my husband? (i,e. UAE)

6. Does the amount of money I make matter when applying for as a sponsor for my spouse?

Can anyone help with these questions?
Hi Jiji 77,

1. Yes you can definitely live with your husband in Amman (That is what I'm doing) Although I decided to live with him while our papers were being processed after I sumbitted our papers so I didnt have to show proof of me returing to Canada because at the time I was IN Canada (If that makes any sense)

2. You just have to show intent in moving back to Canada, whether it will be a stable job or other. Im not sure on this one since I didnt really research into it. But if you are going to live with your parents rent free that helps.

3. You and your husband can live anywhere, but to my understanding if they ask him for an interview he has to be in Amman. Also once he gets approved they ask for his passport

4. Honestly people will tell you different things. You can stay in Canada and make money and start your life, or you can be with him. This is totally up to you.

5. They go by his passport, so if he was born in Jordan 98% they will process in Jordan, UNLESS he has a work permit or has been living legally in another country for over one year.

6. No it doesnt matter. I was making minimum wage when I applied and I was in so much debt because of university.

I hope my answers help, hopefully other in the forum can give you their input as well :)

Goodluck and we should meet up in Amman if you decide to move here!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Great answers Masriixo. Just one minor point. The selection of VO may not have anything to do with your actual residence. My Syrian husband has been living and working in Dubai for 8 years with his most recent residence visa there granted for another two years..we also requested his application go to Abu Dhabi for this reason yet they still sent his application to Amman.

I had also heard of another Syrian spouse who was born and raised in UAE who's application was also sent to Amman.

C.

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
chilkootcee said:
Great answers Masriixo. Just one minor point. The selection of VO may not have anything to do with your actual residence. My Syrian husband has been living and working in Dubai for 8 years with his most recent residence visa there granted for another two years..we also requested his application go to Abu Dhabi for this reason yet they still sent his application to Amman.

I had also heard of another Syrian spouse who was born and raised in UAE who's application was also sent to Amman.

C.
To clearify the tranfere to Amman issue, first we need to ask why M-CPC sends the applications outlands?

M-CPC is authorized and can approve application inland, and thats what it is doing for most American citizen, and some european citizens. The transfer to the outland VO happens when CPC-M can not or dont have local knowledge about the appplicaton and the applicants, like the culture, tranditions, documents, language, etc..

Now why they send the application to the VO of my home country rather than the VO of my country of residency?

As said above they may think that the Vo of the home country has the best knowledge about the application and the applicant. That might be because the Applicant is new in the residency country, the Applicant situation is not stable in the residency country and there is a tendency that the applicant returns to the home country, or the Application has documents from the home country that the residency country is not able to verify.

My wife'ss application was moved to Amman even though she lives in UAE. but I know ppl from my country and live in the UAE, Their application is sent to the UAE.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
I can only assume that there first instinct at CIC is to send it to the VO that matches their passport (AKA Syrian passport goes to Amman, Iraqi Passport goes to Amman even if they person was born and raised in another country) For example even if you have been a resident in UAE for 8 years but dont have citizenship they would feel more comfortable sending it to where the spouses passport is from.

Lol thats just my thought process. You can request to move your case from Amman to another VO office but you have to show status of your husband/wife. You just have to email Amman VO office with proof of residence and address, why theyre there. etc..

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
Masriixo said:
I can only assume that there first instinct at CIC is to send it to the VO that matches their passport (AKA Syrian passport goes to Amman, Iraqi Passport goes to Amman even if they person was born and raised in another country) For example even if you have been a resident in UAE for 8 years but dont have citizenship they would feel more comfortable sending it to where the spouses passport is from.

Lol thats just my thought process. You can request to move your case from Amman to another VO office but you have to show status of your husband/wife. You just have to email Amman VO office with proof of residence and address, why theyre there. etc..
Thats not correct! check the Abu Dhabi thread, Many syrian and iraqi applicants are processed in the Abu Dahbi VO.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
So you are saying that we can send a case specific inquiry through the online link provided (for sending updates) and request that his application be processed by the ADVO?

spicy

Jul 16, 2014
Hi all
Hope you all are having great day
I'm so frustrated with my situation ( not embassy fault tho )
I applied in July 2013 in Amman
2nd medical done in July 2014
Visa was ready in august 6 2014
However I couldn't renew my passport and I had to wait for another full yr ( long story and awful )
Visa officer last contacted me in June 2015 and told me that my medical file will be sent to London for extension when it's expired in July 10 2015
Now I have my passport renewed and it's been a month since medical expired
And I have not heard from visa officer
I have sent email but no answer yet so I printed out the emails I sent and photocopy of my passport by DHL
Hope to hear something when they get it tomorrow

Anyone have any clue about medical exam extension time ?

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spicy said:
Hi all
Hope you all are having great day
I'm so frustrated with my situation ( not embassy fault tho )
I applied in July 2013 in Amman
2nd medical done in July 2014
Visa was ready in august 6 2014
However I couldn't renew my passport and I had to wait for another full yr ( long story and awful )
Visa officer last contacted me in June 2015 and told me that my medical file will be sent to London for extension when it's expired in July 10 2015
Now I have my passport renewed and it's been a month since medical expired
And I have not heard from visa officer
I have sent email but no answer yet so I printed out the emails I sent and photocopy of my passport by DHL
Hope to hear something when they get it tomorrow

Anyone have any clue about medical exam extension time ?
Salam,,
Amman VO has no Law to follow at all they do what they would like to do, it is the number 1 careless VO. About the medical they can extend it as much as they want, up to 1 year, so have a comfy chair and wait

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
M-90 said:
Salam,,
Amman VO has no Law to follow at all they do what they would like to do, it is the number 1 careless VO. About the medical they can extend it as much as they want, up to 1 year, so have a comfy chair and wait
Oh no, that makes me scared. I kind of had that feeling that they are careless. They take so many vacations and just really feel like they dont really take their jobs seriously. I obviously cant say anything because I haven't met an employee but from what I've read. Oh lord. I do not want to wait 2 years. Like can we protest or something