+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

Forgduck

May 14, 2015
hi everybody
im canadaian , I submitted my application to psonser my iraqi husband since june 26 -2014
so they send my alitter which is required medical report on October 6 and send it to them they said that they send my file to Amman and till now im not in process yet im getting worry about that plz help my husband and I getting tierd of that we need to build our family and settel as soon as possible
thank u

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
Forgduck said:
hi everybody
im canadaian , I submitted my application to psonser my iraqi husband since june 26 -2014
so they send my alitter which is required medical report on October 6 and send it to them they said that they send my file to Amman and till now im not in process yet im getting worry about that plz help my husband and I getting tierd of that we need to build our family and settel as soon as possible
thank u

Amman office is way too slow or doesnt have the Sponsorship applications on the prio list. from reading this thread, it seems like after the transfer from CPC Mississauga to Amman, the applications lineup for an officer for a year to 15 months. so most people got the first correspondence from the Amman Vo after 12 to 15 months from the date of the transfer. too bad!

now what can you do? I would send them an email to ask about the status, Also i would order the GCMS notes.

Who sent you the Medical request? Mississauga or Amman?

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forgduck said:
hi everybody
so they send my alitter which is required medical report on October 6 and send it to them they said that they send my file to Amman and till now im not in process yet im getting worry about that plz help my husband and I getting tierd of that we need to build our family and settel as
soon as possible
thank u
Salam,,
Am trying to do what r u wishing to have a family, with this VO looks like will never happen they are not just slow they are almost dead as dedoz said u have to wait between 12 to 16 months to get something new from the visa office so be patient and forget your file for a while

naser20004

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
File Transfer...
October 31, 2012
Med's Request
March 26, 2015 (by email)
Med's Done....
March 31, 2015
Passport Req..
June 29, 2015 (by email)
Yesterday cic updated their stats, as expected Amman office is among the slowest in the region:

-sponsorship of spouses 24 months (compared to 13 months in Abu Dhabi for example)
-sponsorship of parents 77 months (Compared to 27 months in Abu Dhabi)
-Visitor visa 24 days (compared to 14 days in Abu Dhabi)

So that gives you an idea how slow things are moving in amman, just relax and give yourself extra time before expecting anything from Amman, but eventually you will get there.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi everyone.

I just checked on cic website and my husband's sponsorship status has been updated to decision made but we have not heard from the embassy. How long does it take for them to email us after they make the decision?

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salam,,

To be honest I don't think there is specific time, but hopefully next week. did you pay the PR fee??

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
M-90 said:
salam,,

To be honest I don't think there is specific time, but hopefully next week. did you pay the PR fee??
I don't think it should take too long right? And yes I di.

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
athraa.abb said:
I don't think it should take too long right? And yes I di.
Salam,,

Insha Allah wont take long your file is done and its been finalized so the only step left just to stamp the visa and print out the PR conformation letter.. that if the decision is positive

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
M-90 said:
Salam,,

Insha Allah wont take long your file is done and its been finalized so the only step left just to stamp the visa and print out the PR conformation letter.. that if the decision is positive
Thank you. Inshallah they won't take long to let us know their decision

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
athraa.abb said:
Thank you. Inshallah they won't take long to let us know their decision
Salam,,,
Any updates?? Did the embassy contact you.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
M-90 said:
Salam,,,
Any updates?? Did the embassy contact you.
No we still haven't heard anything.

naser20004

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
File Transfer...
October 31, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 31, 2015
Passport Req..
June 29, 2015 (by email)
I ordered CAIPS notes, just to check if everything is alright (2 months since medical is completed), here is what I notices, Amman office seems to be very slow even if your application only needs one step to be completed, for example it took 1 month for administrator notes sent to immigration officer for review to reach the officer, then officer instructed them to send medical forms, it took another month for them to send the forms, so my guess any step there takes about a month, so if the officer instructed them to request passport for stamping it will take about a month to send you the email and it will take another month for the visa stamping. Other visa offices take as little as 1 day for these steps but I guess Amman office is overwhelmed with visitor visa applications so things move very slowly.

naser20004

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
File Transfer...
October 31, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
March 31, 2015
Passport Req..
June 29, 2015 (by email)
Finally we got passport request today (3 months from medicals), I just have a question though, in the email it says submit signed passport, however Jordanian passports are not usually signed (signature is not required), so do everybody have to sign their passports before submitting them?
Cheers,

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hello everyone on this thread. I've applied to sponsor my husband (Syrian living in UAE) and we requested that his application be sent to Abu Dhabi. I simply cannot fathom how long it is taking applications to be processed in Amman. Is there a spreadsheet for those who have applied outland whose files have been sent to the Amman VO? If not, perhaps it would be helpful to start one? It helps people to see that others are in the same situation and to track the days that have passed....I know there is a 2015 Outland spreadsheet.

C.

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
chilkootcee said:
Hello everyone on this thread. I've applied to sponsor my husband (Syrian living in UAE) and we requested that his application be sent to Abu Dhabi. I simply cannot fathom how long it is taking applications to be processed in Amman. Is there a spreadsheet for those who have applied outland whose files have been sent to the Amman VO? If not, perhaps it would be helpful to start one? It helps people to see that others are in the same situation and to track the days that have passed....I know there is a 2015 Outland spreadsheet.

C.
I am in the same boat. First there is no recent spreadsheet, I found one in this thread but it is old for the times when they moved files from the Damascus VO to Amman VO, so the the times didnt reflect the normal situation. Secondly, Amman VO is very slow, I hoped they are getting faster but no, in contrary they are getting slower. According to the Canadian open data, for Spousal sponsorship for Amman VO, 20% of the applications took 11 months to finish, 50% took 18 months, and 80% took 24 months, that was over 2014 .

I skimmed over this thread to get an idea about the times. To me it looked like they need 12 months for a correspondence (either ADR or change ecas to in progress), then depending on your case an additional 8 to 12 months.

My application was transfered to Amman in May 2015, so still waiting...

good luck!