+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

Canadian0406

May 14, 2012
Hey, so after waiting 9 months, i really lost patience……

Came to Amman for the summer to visit my husband, and of course go to the embassy….
As much as u want them to feel with you, they don't………… i tried and tried, and the only status they can give me is that they are working on june-july apps of 2011…i get it its a process… a long process, and i guess they are trying their best..... so for all of you guys that are in the category inshallah soon u will hear something! otherwise, for myself i started in november 2011, so i am a couple more months of course….. but they visa consular advised me to apply for a visitors visa …. we may give it a try………. so he may can come back with me to Canada inshallah ya rab.

Anyway just wanted to give everyone a heads up……

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012
Canadian0406 said:
Hey, so after waiting 9 months, i really lost patience......

Came to Amman for the summer to visit my husband, and of course go to the embassy....
As much as u want them to feel with you, they don't............ i tried and tried, and the only status they can give me is that they are working on june-july apps of 2011...i get it its a process... a long process, and i guess they are trying their best..... so for all of you guys that are in the category inshallah soon u will hear something! otherwise, for myself i started in november 2011, so i am a couple more months of course..... but they visa consular advised me to apply for a visitors visa .... we may give it a try.......... so he may can come back with me to Canada inshallah ya rab.

Anyway just wanted to give everyone a heads up......
I hope to hear something this week, my wife's application was recevied on 01 March 2011 ! and I am still waiting!!! This process is ridiculous and painful, please Allah help me and other people who is in the same situation :'(

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
i dont understand?! how r some of you leaving canada to live with your spouses when the application requires proof that you can support them when they arrive to canada? i mean , arent you supposed to stay in canada and work in order to do that? im just curious.... lol

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
I.kat said:
i dont understand?! how r some of you leaving canada to live with your spouses when the application requires proof that you can support them when they arrive to canada? i mean , arent you supposed to stay in canada and work in order to do that? im just curious.... lol
hi kat, if the sponsor is a pr then staying in canada is mandatory; if the sponsor is citizen then it's from case to case - if u show u still have ties with Canada (home, taxes, etc) and some savings (or letter of support from family that u - sponsor and applicant can stay with them or they can help financially) then usually it's fine; it is a small risk and problem might arise if there r dependants involved too (family wity children) but usually very rare an application was refused cuz of that :) of course the process might get delayed a little - maybe they need more proofs that the sponsor does want to go back to ca, etc; but when it's a long process a few months delay could b worth it if the couple waits together :)

hope it's clear!! take care :)

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
I.kat said:
Also if you go over the sponsorship requirements for spouse, within the application they 'claim' that an income is not required like it does for sponsoring a family member ( eg. mother, brother etc ). But of course I talked to my lawyer about this several times and he said they diffidently want to see some kind of support.
So like the post above any ties to Canada will be looked at.

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
Canadian0406 said:
Hey, so after waiting 9 months, i really lost patience......

Came to Amman for the summer to visit my husband, and of course go to the embassy....
As much as u want them to feel with you, they don't............ i tried and tried, and the only status they can give me is that they are working on june-july apps of 2011...i get it its a process... a long process, and i guess they are trying their best..... so for all of you guys that are in the category inshallah soon u will hear something! otherwise, for myself i started in november 2011, so i am a couple more months of course..... but they visa consular advised me to apply for a visitors visa .... we may give it a try.......... so he may can come back with me to Canada inshallah ya rab.

Anyway just wanted to give everyone a heads up......
working on application received in june july well what about application before that? by the way who told you that info?

Canada-Girl2012

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-13-2011
AOR Received.
April-26-2011
File Transfer...
Lebanon
Med's Done....
Med #1 (Dec-12-2011) Med #2 (January 2013)
Interview........
Dec-12-2011
Passport Req..
March 19/2013 (Thank you Jesus ! )
I have contacted my MP 3 times by email and no reply from here..not once...what a shame :(

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
musab said:
working on application received in june july well what about application before that? by the way who told you that info?
Any application that got and contact from the VO, like requesting to redo the Medical or some other supporting documents or any type of contact is an "in process" application. So they are looking at the applications from June and sending them requests to redo the medicals, and then they will continue the processing after few months, once they receive all required documents and ask for an interview if needed.

I think you r at this stage, you should expect a reply very soon.

The maximum waiting time on our table is 18 months, you r 16 now, you will wait max 2 months in worst case. :D

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Canada-Girl2012 said:
I have contacted my MP 3 times by email and no reply from here..not once...what a shame :(
I was wondering. I'v heard a few people mention contacting their MP's. My question is why ? what benefits comes from doing this ? what can your MP do for you ?, and lastly how can I contact my MP ?

thank you in advance

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
missmini said:
hi kat, if the sponsor is a pr then staying in canada is mandatory; if the sponsor is citizen then it's from case to case - if u show u still have ties with Canada (home, taxes, etc) and some savings (or letter of support from family that u - sponsor and applicant can stay with them or they can help financially) then usually it's fine; it is a small risk and problem might arise if there r dependants involved too (family wity children) but usually very rare an application was refused cuz of that :) of course the process might get delayed a little - maybe they need more proofs that the sponsor does want to go back to ca, etc; but when it's a long process a few months delay could b worth it if the couple waits together :)

hope it's clear!! take care :)

ohhh got it ;D i love the fact that your always first to respond and your pretty quick too!! i really appreciate it hun thank you

Canada-Girl2012

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-13-2011
AOR Received.
April-26-2011
File Transfer...
Lebanon
Med's Done....
Med #1 (Dec-12-2011) Med #2 (January 2013)
Interview........
Dec-12-2011
Passport Req..
March 19/2013 (Thank you Jesus ! )
You can contact your MP (Member of Parliament) for further information regarding your application for permanent residence or it can be any issue you are facing, they can answer you. The MP may have you fill out a Consent Form that consists of 2 pages which will ask you to identify your UCI, name, Date of Birth etc..and you can discuss your issue to your MP. You can find out who your MP is by typing your Postal code in the space provided in the following link:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC7

Good Luck !

CKnD said:
I was wondering. I'v heard a few people mention contacting their MP's. My question is why ? what benefits comes from doing this ? what can your MP do for you ?, and lastly how can I contact my MP ?

thank you in advance

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
i think this MP thing is also all about luck! when my cousin sponsored her husband she sent her MP an email and her husband arrived to canada two weeks later!!

i sent an email to two MPs and they both replied the same: they thanked me and told me to write my concerns to the Minister of citizenship and immigration!

Meh!!

good luck everyone with everything

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
I.kat said:
ohhh got it ;D i love the fact that your always first to respond and your pretty quick too!! i really appreciate it hun thank you
no problem :) it just happens to check the thread maybe soon after u ask a question ;)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Canada-Girl2012 said:
i think it depends from MP to MP ::) if u have one which is from the opposition parties i think s/he will try more to help u to get ur support in the future ;)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
CKnD said:

thank you in advance
usually an MP can inquiry abt ur process for u; many embassies don't answer to emails or calls from the applicants, but they SHOULD answer to the MP which asks on ur behalf and also they SHOULD answer much faster

however they cannot speed any application and many will refuse to do an inquiry if the file didn't pass the average processing time (or they say they inquiry but they actually don't)

also their inquiry has to b very specific: if u just ask when i'll get the visa, how long it still takes, probably they don't have any definate answer; but if u inquiry abt things like: did the embassy receive my updated mailing address, passport documents, medicals then they might b able to confirm that with u; later in the process they will also b able to say if the background checks r done, or security checks, if the interview is waived, etc

some ppl argue and cic also states that in the guides that inquiring before the average processing times might actually delay the process; noone can say if it's true or not: maybe when u inquiry they will take out the file from a queue and u loose the turn; just something to keep in mind