+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

hera.baker

Apr 29, 2012
Nenan said:
I was curious for this question,I never took photo with my husband without Hijab because all our photos were taken in public with our relatives,my husband doesn't like pictures very much,do you think this photos without Hijab are necessary to proof the genuine of our marriage.
Taking your picture to a photo lab is similar and from the aspect of halal/haram its halal to send photos to people who don't know you, but I like to get a little complicated. If that was the verdict, then it would be alright to send pictures to people over the internet and say the person doesn't know who you are. I think in a photo lab with the amount of pictures flowing in, no one sits there and looks at the pictures individually analyzing every detail.

I think the Canadian Embassy needs to accommodate to Muslim Canadians by ensuring that the officer who looks at the pictures is a woman. Otherwise I don't think it's appropriate to be stepping down on our rights and giving pictures just to prove we're married. It's unfortunate though, most girls who come down to Iraq or other countries to sponsor a man for money will also do anything required in order to get the money. I also have a friend who sent very impersonal pictures with the hijab and she got approved. I guess it all depends.

Good luck to all, and I will keep you posted and let you know what happens and what type of questions were asked.

Kind Regards,

Hera

N

Nenan

abdmoh said:
Your file cannot be viewed by anyone other than you.
thank you to tell me,I make it to help all Amman applicant to view all members timeline,I fix it now ,I think now you any one have the link can view it :) .

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
Nenan said:
I was curious for this question,I never took photo with my husband without Hijab because all our photos were taken in public with our relatives,my husband doesn't like pictures very much,do you think this photos without Hijab are necessary to proof the genuine of our marriage.
I never sent a photo of my wife without hijab. They understand our religion, may be more than we understand it.

When I went to the Canadian embassy in Amman in 2007. There was a picture on the wall that shows sample passport photos. and one of them was a lady with a hijab. see the bottom of page 3 of this : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

I dont agree that seeing a woman without a hijab is halal if the person who see her doesnt know her. If any one say this, he should bring evidence from quraan or hadeeth.

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
Nenan said:
thank you to tell me,I make it to help all Amman applicant to view all members timeline,I fix it now ,I think now you any one have the link can view it :) .
Yes, I can see it now.

Please order the people ascending according to Column C. So that we can easily understand who applied first

N

Nenan

abdmoh said:
Yes, I can see it now.

Please order the people ascending according to Column C. So that we can easily understand who applied first
I arrange the information according to the date of receiving their file by Damascus or Amman VO.

N

Nenan

hera.baker said:
Taking your picture to a photo lab is similar and from the aspect of halal/haram its halal to send photos to people who don't know you, but I like to get a little complicated. If that was the verdict, then it would be alright to send pictures to people over the internet and say the person doesn't know who you are. I think in a photo lab with the amount of pictures flowing in, no one sits there and looks at the pictures individually analyzing every detail.

I think the Canadian Embassy needs to accommodate to Muslim Canadians by ensuring that the officer who looks at the pictures is a woman. Otherwise I don't think it's appropriate to be stepping down on our rights and giving pictures just to prove we're married. It's unfortunate though, most girls who come down to Iraq or other countries to sponsor a man for money will also do anything required in order to get the money. I also have a friend who sent very impersonal pictures with the hijab and she got approved. I guess it all depends.

Good luck to all, and I will keep you posted and let you know what happens and what type of questions were asked.

Kind Regards,

Hera
hi hera.baker,can you give me your timeline to add you in the chart of Amman vo applicant ? take a look to this link and give me the needed information of this chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvUIlfP2inMIdGFINDdqRkw4eElCLWVKWEJ4MGVEbmc#gid=0

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Nenan said:
I arrange the information according to the date of receiving their file by Damascus or Amman VO.
hi Nenan very nice spreadsheet thank u :) :) *hands clapping* take care and good luck :-*

N

Nenan

missmini said:
hi Nenan very nice spreadsheet thank u :) :) *hands clapping* take care and good luck :-*
hi missmini I am happy you like it,I wish this spreadsheet will help all Amman applicants who are members in this forum to view the timeline,but as I think Amman VO applicants who share in this website are few in compare with Iranian and Lebanon members,that is why I feel we have few information about Iraqi, Syrian, Jordanian applicants who sponsor their spouses,I think Amman will send some ppr this month and the next will be rain of ppr inshallah ;D

N

Nenan

missmini said:
I have no clear information about you missmini ;D ,are you sponsoring your husband?or he sponsor you? do live with your husband in syria now? are you Canadian citizen?

O

Ottawa_2010

Hi Neenan,

My wife was asked to re do the medical on the 2nd of april 2012.

Can you update the chart accordingly?

Thanks

N

Nenan

Ottawa_2010 said:
Hi Neenan,

My wife was asked to re do the medical on the 2nd of april 2012.

Can you update the chart accordingly?

Thanks
Hi Ottawa_2010
more than welcome :) I will update it ,that is good sign for soon ppr ,when her medical expired? did they email her? did you send email for Amman VO asking about the file?

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nenan said:
I have no clear information about you missmini ;D ,are you sponsoring your husband?or he sponsor you? do live with your husband in syria now? are you Canadian citizen?
I answer your questions.
She is sponsor, she is Canadian citizen, she is Syrian and they live in Dubai. :-*

O

Ottawa_2010

It expired in January 2012.

yes the embassy in Amman asked her to re-do the medical.

We sent the green sheet via email and aramex on the 5th of April

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Arezou said:
I answer your questions.
She is sponsor, she is Canadian citizen, she is Syrian and they live in Dubai. :-*
loooool good Arezou :-* i see u really read the members' posts that makes me happy....so yeah he is the Syrian one (the applicant) and i'm the sponsor (Canadian citizen so thanks God i can stay outside Canada with him and not in Syria)

N

Nenan

Arezou said:
I answer your questions.
:D Arezou thank you,you are so nice, thanks God she doesn't live in Syria its dangerous to live there now :(