+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

rosenpurple

May 30, 2011
Hi everyone,
This is the first time i write here, but i've been a silent reader for a while and decided today to share my story as everybody is doing.

I'm a permanent resident, and i sponsored my husband since Nov 2011. We are both Syrians. After i submitted the application I thought it would so hard and painful to live for such a long period away from him ( besides financially-wise it would cost us a lot more money if we were living apart than together). So I left everything and moved to where he's currently living in Abu Dhabi.

It's been 14 months since our documents were sent to Damascus (to Amman now). In 9th Jan 13, they sent an email to my husband to redo his medical test. He did it in the 13th. A new line was added on the 28th indecating that his medical results have been recieved (that line wasn't shown before). Last week, they sent him the bellow email, and i was Cced in it:

Dear Mr xx

Greetings From Amman,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada

- Completed Sponsorship Questionnaire IMM5540 , See the attached .

-Please confirm if you did the medical examination

Please be notified that if you do not comply with this request within 30 days of the date of this letter, your application for permanent residence in Canada will be assessed on the basis of the information already before the officer. Failure to provide the requested documents could result in the refusal of your application.
Your file is being processed in Jordan. No representations, faxes, telephone calls or correspondence can or will be answered by other Canadian Embassies; all inquires must be sent directly to the visa office in Jordan. Do NOT send your documents to any other visa office.

I was surprised at first that they asked us to resubmit the Sponsorship Questionnaire, but i guess that was to be expected since they most likely already know that i'm not in Canada anymore, and probably they need a proof that i'm coming back to Canada. I'm really worried about this especially that i know i'm not supposed to be outside the country now, but i think they would've rejected the whole application if that was the matter.

But what i was really surprised at, is that fact that they still don't know whether he redid the medical test again or not after almost three months? That was really frustrating! Thankfully, we still have the invoice, so we sent it along with the other documents this weekend.

Even the email was a bit awkward and written in an unprofessional way. Where they apparently just copied and pasted sentences from here and there.

I sent them more recent photos and a letter stating my intention for re-istablishing in Canada.

Thats all for now. Hope to hear some good news after submitting these documents :) Hope the same thing for everyone as well.

M-90

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salam......

It's very quiet here no body got something form the VO ??????

msaidalii65

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Salaam to all,
Is there anybody of us in Amman now waiting to hear from the embassy ? If YES , can you please do us a favour and go to the embassy and try to get an answer from them to this question : Why non of us hearing anything from the visa office almost for 2 months now ? CBC reported that the Canadian Foreign Affair Minster was in Baghdad and re opened a Canadian Embassy . May that's why .

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
msaidalii65 said:
Salaam to all,
Is there anybody of us in Amman now waiting to hear from the embassy ? If YES , can you please do us a favour and go to the embassy and try to get an answer from them to this question : Why non of us hearing anything from the visa office almost for 2 months now ? CBC reported that the Canadian Foreign Affair Minster was in Baghdad and re opened a Canadian Embassy . May that's why .

please dont tell me this means they will transfer the files again? this delayed our applications for more than two months the last time....

SARM90

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2012
Doc's Request.
20-2-2013
AOR Received.
14-7-2012
File Transfer...
14-7-2012
Med's Done....
15-1-2012 -the 2nd med's on april-2013
Passport Req..
1-July-2013 (Canada Day)
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2013 thank u jesus
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
i.kat the embassy dont mean immigration office..don't worry they working on our applications in amman just be patient

rtf57

Star Member
Jan 2, 2013
Hello SARM90

i think your time table almost like me Could you please tell me if the embassy recently request documents and what is it if yes
and are they ask you to redo the medical exam

Thanks

SARM90

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2012
Doc's Request.
20-2-2013
AOR Received.
14-7-2012
File Transfer...
14-7-2012
Med's Done....
15-1-2012 -the 2nd med's on april-2013
Passport Req..
1-July-2013 (Canada Day)
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2013 thank u jesus
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
hello rtf, yes they requested copy of citizenship certificate and redo the medical and im waiting till now to hear anything from them

Salhadin1

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
AOR Received.
22-02-2012
File Transfer...
12-03-2012
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-03-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
None
LANDED..........
None
SARM90 said:
hello rtf, yes they requested copy of citizenship certificate and redo the medical and im waiting till now to hear anything from them
When did you redo your medicals?

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
SARM90 said:
i.kat the embassy dont mean immigration office..don't worry they working on our applications in amman just be patient

oh good , thanks! yes patience gotta keep tht in mind

Mohammed1985

Mar 23, 2013
Hello I.kat after u send your Iraqi certificate did they respond to you and do u have any idea what is next after sending the document is it the passport request because I have almost the dates u have.

Thank you

rtf57

Star Member
Jan 2, 2013
Hello SARM90
They request my family booklet and missing personal history before 40 days
And they did not ask me to redo medical test till now i did not hear any thing
any body know Why they did not request me to redo it and what next ,i did the first medical test in january
Thanks

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
Mohammed1985 said:
Hello I.kat after u send your Iraqi certificate did they respond to you and do u have any idea what is next after sending the document is it the passport request because I have almost the dates u have.

Thank you
hi mohammed, actually they did not request the iraqi certificate. In january I recieved an email from them
requesting the form IMM5669 ( i think i dont remember the exact number) i sent it but since then i did not recieve anything from them and im still waiting

mohammedm123

Aug 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
so it looks like the waiting wont finish for me! 18 month of waiting stage 2!
i'm loosing my patience! I started to contact my MP hopefully they can get me some info about this process!

Canada-Girl2012

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-13-2011
AOR Received.
April-26-2011
File Transfer...
Lebanon
Med's Done....
Med #1 (Dec-12-2011) Med #2 (January 2013)
Interview........
Dec-12-2011
Passport Req..
March 19/2013 (Thank you Jesus ! )
I have a question for all..my hubbys coming on the 18th of this month. He will be in Toronto from 5 pm and his flight leaves 10 am the next day for Alberta...can he leave the Toronto airport to stay with family until his next flight ??
Thanks in advance !

msaidalii65

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Canada-Girl2012 said:
I have a question for all..my hubbys coming on the 18th of this month. He will be in Toronto from 5 pm and his flight leaves 10 am the next day for Alberta...can he leave the Toronto airport to stay with family until his next flight ??
Thanks in advance !
Yes , he can. since he has his valid visa. This is Canada and not Turkey or Iraq or Kuwait , and no offence to all.