+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

am I qualified under NOC 4131 college and other vocational instructors ??

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
if you are talking about where you say you want to land and whether that would make a difference to time processing of FSW1, probably not. never heard of anything like that.

Dipendra

Star Member
Apr 27, 2009
rupeshhari said:
if you are talking about where you say you want to land and whether that would make a difference to time processing of FSW1, probably not. never heard of anything like that.
I want to apply for Manitoba. Is there any processing time differences between Manitoba and other states. Please give me some idea abt this.
Thanks

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i have no idea. Best to ask this question in the forum for PNP.

zingzangg

May 4, 2009
rupeshhari said:
Hey Bobbyb, i am not sure if Chsurti has one year of full time experience or equivalent. Hows the waiting going. i seem to check my status once every two days....not sure why i do it. Its not going to speed it up lol.

Zingzangg - you should apply too, given you were a head TA.
Chsurti - do you have equivalent one year experience?
rupeshhari,

I got a letter from the dept saying I was a TA and head TA. But they did not list the duties, nor do they have a handbook which lists duties. Do you think just the letter from the dept will suffice for CIC purposes if I provide them my resume where I listed my duties?

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
There is another i.e. different NOC code for TA's which somebody has already mentioned above.

TA's does not qualify for 4131

On top of that, if you look at duties of 4131:
"... Supervise Teaching Assistants..."

So, your professor who supervise you is 4131, not you.

You cannot apply for FSW category 1 for now. you need to become a fulltime teacher (not TA) at college level to apply for FSW category 1. But this is just for now as i have heard on Attorney David Cohen's blog - process has started to change this list of occupations. So, 4131 may be no longer eligible at all...

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
zingzangg said:
rupeshhari said:
Hey Bobbyb, i am not sure if Chsurti has one year of full time experience or equivalent. Hows the waiting going. i seem to check my status once every two days....not sure why i do it. Its not going to speed it up lol.

Zingzangg - you should apply too, given you were a head TA.
Chsurti - do you have equivalent one year experience?
rupeshhari,

I got a letter from the dept saying I was a TA and head TA. But they did not list the duties, nor do they have a handbook which lists duties. Do you think just the letter from the dept will suffice for CIC purposes if I provide them my resume where I listed my duties?
Honestly, I don't know. Were you a head TA for at least one year? Are you doing substantial duties of a 4131? For example, I am a supervisor to masters student, I supervise TAs, I am part of the TA recruiting process, interviews, etc, I help out in recruitment of new students and retention of students, etc. If it was easy to believe people based on resume, then we would all be in Canada by now. The list of your duties has to come from someone higher up, thats what I feel.

You also have to decide whether you are okay with applying and the risk of getting denied. I am okay with it and I am also expecting to be denied for now but given what I know now, I would still apply if I had to do it again.

djbig

Jun 19, 2009
rupeshhari said:
Honestly, I don't know. Were you a head TA for at least one year? Are you doing substantial duties of a 4131? For example, I am a supervisor to masters student, I supervise TAs, I am part of the TA recruiting process, interviews, etc, I help out in recruitment of new students and retention of students, etc. If it was easy to believe people based on resume, then we would all be in Canada by now. The list of your duties has to come from someone higher up, thats what I feel.

You also have to decide whether you are okay with applying and the risk of getting denied. I am okay with it and I am also expecting to be denied for now but given what I know now, I would still apply if I had to do it again.
Hi, when you applied for FSW did you list your job title as "Teaching Assistant" or "College Instructor"?
I understand you did the duties of a college instructor, but the official title from the school was a "teaching assistant" true?
So in the application, what did you put down as the title? "TA" or "college instructor"?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In the form, I listed my title from teh university. I did not list it as college instructor.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Masters Curriculum Teaching Assistant.

djbig

Jun 19, 2009
rupeshhari said:
Masters Curriculum Teaching Assistant.
Ah, I see.
You said you passed the Sydney review, which I believe you don't need to send in a letter from the supervisor true?

And any updates on your case?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No I didn't send a letter from my supervisor to Sydney. What I did was to ask my supervisor to create a letter for me without telling him why so he could give me an unbiased letter. He gave me a draft and I used the wording in that letter in my application (perhaps with little changes because I did do some other minor works that was not listed by my supervisor).

No updates on mine.

djbig

Jun 19, 2009
rupeshhari said:
No I didn't send a letter from my supervisor to Sydney. What I did was to ask my supervisor to create a letter for me without telling him why so he could give me an unbiased letter. He gave me a draft and I used the wording in that letter in my application (perhaps with little changes because I did do some other minor works that was not listed by my supervisor).

No updates on mine.
Thanks for all the info.
How long has it passed since you submitted to the visa office?