+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I missing something here?

Xtremez2k

Apr 22, 2019
Hope all are well.

My wife applied to travel to Canada on a visit visa. Dates below.

April 3 - applied online.
April 4 - received letter for biometrics.
April 8 - gave biometrics. The application shows date biometrics given.

It's April 23rd and there have been no updates. Am we supposed to do something? Review of eligibility and other fields are still the same/no updates since the first day of applying.

We are getting nervous as may 12th is when we were hoping to fly together to Canada.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hope all are well.

It's April 23rd and there have been no updates. Am we supposed to do something? Review of eligibility and other fields are still the same/no updates since the first day of applying.

We are getting nervous as may 12th is when we were hoping to fly together to Canada.

Thank you!
There's nothing you're missing. At this point all you can do is wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
CIC doesn’t recommend you buy tickets before you get a visa. If she is married to a Canadian citizen or PR the chances of refusal are very high unless she has very strong ties to her home country.

Reactions: myra20sharma

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hope all are well.

Thank you!
Which country did she apply from?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hope all are well.

Thank you!
Depending on the country of application, you're likely still well within timeframes. Just wait.

I will echo the caution above - as you were required to disclose that you were married, she will likely be denied unless she has overwhelming proof of ties to her home country, including reasons to return and not stay in Canada.

Xtremez2k

Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for the reply everyone. She is a professional and has a job waiting for her when she returns, including a job letter. She is from Pakistan. I'm afraid of rejection as I heard it's difficult even if you prove strong ties to home country, but I'm hoping for the best.

Devisfemi

Apr 22, 2019
Hope all are well.

Thank you!

Same here

Since April 2nd till now I haven’t seen any update from them
I only have one week left

Xtremez2k

Apr 22, 2019
Although I'm hoping for the best, in case it is rejected for this reason (country ties), what would my options be?

Is it possible for me to apply for spousal sponsorship while I'm still in Pakistan?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Although I'm hoping for the best, in case it is rejected for this reason (country ties), what would my options be?

Is it possible for me to apply for spousal sponsorship while I'm still in Pakistan?
Only possible if you are a citizen. Not possible if you are a PR.

Xtremez2k

Apr 22, 2019
Only possible if you are a citizen. Not possible if you are a PR.
If I did this, it would mean I would have to quit my job in Canada. I would be able to live comfortably in Pakistan without a job. But is there any issue of sponsoring my wife while living in Pakistan and not having income to show?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If I did this, it would mean I would have to quit my job in Canada. I would be able to live comfortably in Pakistan without a job. But is there any issue of sponsoring my wife while living in Pakistan and not having income to show?
As scylla has advised, you cannot be living in Pakistan while your wife's PR application is being processed. That option is possible only for Canadian citizens who also submit a plan/evidence that they themselves will be returning to Canada shortly.

Based on your previous posts, your wife's chances of a TRV approval are slim to none:
You have not started the spousal sponsorship + she only has a job offer in Pakistan to return to.

It's best if you start the PR process now instead of waiting for a TRV decision

Reactions: bellaluna

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
As scylla has advised, you cannot be living in Pakistan while your wife's PR application is being processed. That option is possible only for Canadian citizens who also submit a plan/evidence that they themselves will be returning to Canada shortly.

Based on your previous posts, your wife's chances of a TRV approval are slim to none:
You have not started the spousal sponsorship + she only has a job offer in Pakistan to return to.

It's best if you start the PR process now instead of waiting for a TRV decision
Can he start the process when she's not in Canada though?

Xtremez2k

Apr 22, 2019
You guys were right. They rejected the visit visa based on "current employment" and "limited employment". Current employment was none because she very recently quit due to wedding planning and to spend maximum time with me after marriage. She has another job waiting for her in Pakistan after returning, a legitimate one (we provided employment letter) but I guess that wasn't enough for the VO. It's hard having to leave her behind.

It sucks because we had wedding celebrations/functions planned in Canada which was the reason for her visit. But now I'm planning to apply for spousal sponsorship, so I had a few questions.

1. When submitting the sponsor application, should I mention the trv rejection in a letter somewhere?

2. Would it make sense to apply for another trv after applying for the sponsorship? I really want her to attend our wedding celebrations lol. this time she will actually be employed and working, because we will no longer be together.

Are there other things that I can show she has ties to her home country? She takes care of her mom's declining health, she will be making the most of the visa rejection by taking English courses. She has gold (assets). Would any of these be worth mentioning? I just want her to visit Canada to attend our wedding celebrations then will gladly make sure she returns.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Have you looked over the sponsor forms and guides yet? There is a place where you have to declare previous visa refusals.

You can continue to try to apply for TRVs, but expect them to be denied. Consider having the wedding celebrations in a country where you can both attend (not Canada) or after the spousal sponsorship is complete (12months+)