july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
u.asha said:
Hello everyone...
I sponsored my husband in April 2011 the file was send to colombo on may 2011... they called him for an interview on may 2012.. then she rejected him saying that our relationship is not genuine.. because we didn't have the Hindu wedding.. and we didn't write letters to each other...
so I did the appeal and received a letter from IRBC on July 27 2012 saying that they received my appeal and they should get the Minister's Counsel record within 120days.
I am not sure if I have to get that for them or the Minister's Counsel will send it to them?... How long would it take them to send that?..
hi sry to hear u got rejected..i appealed in december 21 got a letter saying they got my appeal request and in mid of march i recieved a copy of all what i send them including a copy of my application..dont worry u will get a copy and if u have a lawyer then she or he will recieve a copy as well...best of luck keep updating ur situation..where are u in toronto?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Cricket365 said:
The visa officer said the marriage is not genuine and one more thing that is my wife's divorce certificate my vo is saying not proper. So my vo's point is that basically your marriage is not genuine at all. She said your wife has to take a proper divorce first then she has to remarry you again.
The legality of the divorce and thus the marriage to you is one of the big problems with your case. Get what the visa officer is asking for: proof that your wife's divorce is legal in Pakistan and Canada. If it isn't, do what has to be done to make it legal.
If you just prove that your marriage is genuine (i.e., that you really love each other and want to live together), this will not be enough for an appeal or a new application. You have to address the divorce issue.
Just because one part of the government was satisfied with your wife's papers (the Ontario gov't) does not mean that CIC will accept them.
I suggest you hire an immigration lawyer to help you resolve the divorce problems.

u.asha

Aug 10, 2012
rathika2011 said:
hi sry to hear u got rejected..i appealed in december 21 got a letter saying they got my appeal request and in mid of march i recieved a copy of all what i send them including a copy of my application..dont worry u will get a copy and if u have a lawyer then she or he will recieve a copy as well...best of luck keep updating ur situation..where are u in toronto?
thank u for the reply..i am in scar...so did you get the date for the hearing yet?

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
u.asha said:
thank u for the reply..i am in scar...so did you get the date for the hearing yet?
not as of yet..im also in scarborough...did u hire a lawyer?

u.asha

Aug 10, 2012
rathika2011 said:
not as of yet..im also in scarborough...did u hire a lawyer?
yes i did through someone i know but haven't meet the lawyer yet... just waiting for the documents to come.... no point in meeting him right now i can't do much till i find out the details...

SponsorCanada87

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
27-09-2013
HI Guys very sad news.

My wife visa got rejected at CHC ND because VO officer feel our marriage is not genuine.

One rude VO totally grilled my wife asking her questions like

1) why did she not go to mumbai airport to pick up me since she lives in other part of india?
like seriously.. its our wish n since she is women obviously i would not want to call her at the airport. however she came to see me at her local city railway station.

2) why dont you have any proof of your emails before 2010. (ours was a love marriage , relationship started 2007)
we have a bunch of emails from 2010 till 2012. plus long distance every single day for one hours since 2010. this was not enough.

3) why was it so long for us to apply in dec2011 while you got married on feb2011
her passport took 2 months and since . she lived in a city there was no medical centre for test it which took 1 month. 2 more months
passed through as there was a court order on one of the dates to be fixed on her high school certificate. unfortunately without that passport was not possible

4) your wedding pictures are not acceptable.
ours was luv marriage . we could not afford a big one. we had good 10-15 of them. with garland + ring + mehndi

5) yours was luv marriages still your husband did not came to see you ?
I went to see her 1 year after our marriage and we had good 50 pics of honeymoon. Anyone can tell we are genuine of that. plus we had all hotel bills , travel proofs n passes wherever we went. our honeymoon lasted more then a month.

she kept asking weird questions like that almost 25-30 of them for good 50 minutes. Moreover she kept playing with her passport to distract her (her attitude like seriously who hires them n she was young lady VO ) Not just that she said unacceptable to whatever my wife said. Even it seemed like interpreter was shocked with her behavior.

Not just that she tells her how my parents are educated enough to make money in Canada so that I can live with her in India. And she tells my wife that she has no excuse to prove her point because I was not with her for 1 year after marriage. (india - canada is that a piece of joke -i need atleast $4000 to go there once)

finaly she rejects us and proves a moron of herself since we are genuine couple. But it will be us who will face that and prove this either through appeal or reapply. Completely Heart Broken !!

I have lost all my patience !! I dont even know why us ?? Maybe I should move back to India permanently or fight this dumb VOs .

Any Suggestions guys my mind is not working since yesterday !!

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SponsorCanada87 said:
HI Guys very sad news.

My wife visa got rejected at CHC ND because VO officer feel our marriage is not genuine.

One rude VO totally grilled my wife asking her questions like

1) why did she not go to mumbai airport to pick up me since she lives in other part of india?
like seriously.. its our wish n since she is women obviously i would not want to call her at the airport. however she came to see me at her local city railway station.

2) why dont you have any proof of your emails before 2010. (ours was a love marriage , relationship started 2007)
we have a bunch of emails from 2010 till 2012. plus long distance every single day for one hours since 2010. this was not enough.

3) why was it so long for us to apply in dec2011 while you got married on feb2011
her passport took 2 months and since . she lived in a city there was no medical centre for test it which took 1 month. 2 more months
passed through as there was a court order on one of the dates to be fixed on her high school certificate. unfortunately without that passport was not possible

4) your wedding pictures are not acceptable.
ours was luv marriage . we could not afford a big one. we had good 10-15 of them. with garland + ring + mehndi

5) yours was luv marriages still your husband did not came to see you ?
I went to see her 1 year after our marriage and we had good 50 pics of honeymoon. Anyone can tell we are genuine of that. plus we had all hotel bills , travel proofs n passes wherever we went. our honeymoon lasted more then a month.

she kept asking weird questions like that almost 25-30 of them for good 50 minutes. Moreover she kept playing with her passport to distract her (her attitude like seriously who hires them n she was young lady VO ) Not just that she said unacceptable to whatever my wife said. Even it seemed like interpreter was shocked with her behavior.

Not just that she tells her how my parents are educated enough to make money in Canada so that I can live with her in India. And she tells my wife that she has no excuse to prove her point because I was not with her for 1 year after marriage. (india - canada is that a piece of joke -i need atleast $4000 to go there once)

finaly she rejects us and proves a moron of herself since we are genuine couple. But it will be us who will face that and prove this either through appeal or reapply. Completely Heart Broken !!

I have lost all my patience !! I dont even know why us ?? Maybe I should move back to India permanently or fight this dumb VOs .

Any Suggestions guys my mind is not working since yesterday !!
Hi,
first of all , very sorry about your case,
but don,t give up ,you can appeal the decision ,then chances will 99.9 percent.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
I am very sorry SponsorCanada87. I exactly know how you feel. My husband and I went through all that BS. Life is not over even though you will feel like it for a few months. You can fight it. Our VO completely messed up with us, she said awful things about my husband and there are other things you can read about our case if you read all my postings of the past 15 months or so.

His visa was denied last November. We got full hearing on June 21 and we won!!! If you have any questions or need any help, I am here to help and encourage you as much as I can. Go step by step. Don't look too far as you will get anxiety attacks. Set little goals every month and achieve them. Any little goals to sustain the pain and the stress.

Stay strong! Your whole life, your marriage is at stake. Don't let ONE human being take them away from you!

Reactions: Alicee

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
Hi guys. Can someone please tell me how the appeal process happens? If I get rejected after my interview, where will the appeal take place...in india or in canada? Do i need to hire a lawyer...i have heard they are really expensive.

SponsorCanada87

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
27-09-2013
Habibti said:
I am very sorry SponsorCanada87. I exactly know how you feel. My husband and I went through all that BS. Life is not over even though you will feel like it for a few months. You can fight it. Our VO completely messed up with us, she said awful things about my husband and there are other things you can read about our case if you read all my postings of the past 15 months or so.

His visa was denied last November. We got full hearing on June 21 and we won!!! If you have any questions or need any help, I am here to help and encourage you as much as I can. Go step by step. Don't look too far as you will get anxiety attacks. Set little goals every month and achieve them. Any little goals to sustain the pain and the stress.

Stay strong! Your whole life, your marriage is at stake. Don't let ONE human being take them away from you!

Hi Habibti,

Thankyou for your immense support. I am glad I have a similar case giving strong support and standing on my side. My wife needs it the most. I am one of the top webdesigners in Toronto should i make a petition website or something for this BS faced because of Immigration people. I will get support from so many people and we should hit media or press later on.

I already told MP from my constituency to put an inquiry on my Wifes interview. I pray this all could settle it out.

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
It's funny how in Canada you are innocent until proven guilty. Yet when it comes to spousal sponsorship.. it seems to be guilty until proven innocent!! I fully support any actions Canada takes to deter false applicants from applying. Hopefully it will make legitimate marriages get processed easier!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
SponsorCanada87 said:
Hi Habibti,

Thankyou for your immense support. I am glad I have a similar case giving strong support and standing on my side. My wife needs it the most. I am one of the top webdesigners in Toronto should i make a petition website or something for this BS faced because of Immigration people. I will get support from so many people and we should hit media or press later on.

I already told MP from my constituency to put an inquiry on my Wifes interview. I pray this all could settle it out.
It would be my DREAM COME TRUE to reveal to my government and to the society the nightmare I have been through because someone was incompetent. It should be DENOUNCED! I believe I should be compensated. It cost me a lot physically, mentally, morally and emotionally. Even my workplace got seriously affected and my son too. And my financial life. On top of that, I have been deprived of my husband for 12 months and I had to borrow money to visit him this summer and pay for the appeal. I think I have paid too much a price for all this BS. There are so many other painful things I have been through and my husband too. Would be too long to expose them all here. I feel my government ROBBED me from precious things.

Doost

Dec 22, 2010
Need a lawyer who specializes appeal cases in calgary/Edmonton area

Hi All,

I would appreciate if someone refer me to some experienced and reasonable in terms of fees in Calgary/Edmonton area.

Thanks

bluecamas

Feb 13, 2012
My husband an I went through the agony, invasion, wackiness of the spouse sponsorship. A 10 year relationship,friendship to marriage rule :not genuine: He is born in India. We were treated like we committed some crime. I found out that racism is very much alive in Canada too. I am a born in Canada citizen. Despite presenting letters from friends and family in support. The impact on my practice, both my husband and I's health being apart. IAD said go to appeal. Nope, not to a country that told me they really do not care about me or anyone or anything around me. Not to a country that thinks I am too stupid and somehow they know my husband better then me?
We refused to appeal and go through anymore abuse and pure silliness. Despite Canada's best efforts to break a marriage hubby and I are doing just fine. No plans of divorce. I will be relocating to India and happy to do so. Ours is a older couple marriage. I can carry my profession( accountant and bookkeeper) clients with me due to wonderful online programs. I have a widow's pension from a previous marriage and can get my own early pension soon. Years of appeals, money spent, the judgements, stress and disrespect is not a good choice for us.
We married each other, not each other's country. Of the 32 million born in Canada citizens 3 million live out of Canada. To prepare I joined expats groups, made some good friends. Wives of Indian men.Surprise surprise, they are happy there. More and more esp retirees are living in low cost countries to have a good retirement and escape the winters too.
I was quite prepared from the start to relocate. I think you have to be when you marry someone from another country. Over the years with this set up of spouse sponsorship in Canada process. Some stay and fight. Some choose to leave and have their married life elsewhere. I will always be Canadian and retain ties here. Come for a visit. There was a time I was very patriotic and believed Canada to be a free humane country. This whole process has shown me this is not quite true. And it's kinda scary to realise we are not the free country we are told we are.
It took me a bit to get over the pain and shock. I am preparing now for reuniting with my husband and a new chapter in life. Many choose this willingly and with excitement. I am a deeply spiritual person and take the higher view. I am meant to go to India. Good Luck to the rest of you who choose to fight. Choose to call Canada home.