+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

Dij

May 27, 2016
client2014 said:
can someone tell me about fees and documents? ??how much fees they charge in gerry international lahore for submitting visit visa?

It is $100(Canadian dollar) per applicant with the bio-metric fee of $80(Canadian dollar) per applicant.

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
strong ties to country..please help me

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Dij said:
Thank You Saqib for responding,
I also thought of what you said but is it really possible to send of my passport from US even i applied from Pakistan? if so and u know more please tell me the whole process
Khadija
yes it is possible to submit passport in different place. i have read on the forum one guy applied from usa and he went to egypt his home country for family visit. he submitted his passport in cairo.
its just common sense too. you applied online paid fees online. they just need you passport to stamp ur visa.
btw if you submitt ur passport in usa you have to pay 30 dollars some handling which you send a banker draft to Philadelphia.
i was going to do same thing when i applied i had in my mind submit my passport in usa new york VFS. but i got approval in almost 5 weeks it depends case to case i guess.

process in usa
another member's post

(Thanks to members of this forum. I got very helpful information here.

I got Canadian visitor visa for multiple entry approved. Please find below the timings.

April 12 2016 - Online application submitted
April 12 2016 - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
April 12 2016 - Submission Confirmation

April 18 2016 - Original Passport Request
April 18 2016 - Original Passport and prepaid USPS Priority Express Airway mail sent to VAC NYC (Carrier:Fedex Next Day 3pm)
April 18 2016 - Money Order for VAC sent to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA (Carrier:USPS priority 2 day)
April 19 2016 - Fedex showing Passport had been delivered
April 20 2016 - USPS showing money order had been delivered
April 20 2016 - Confirmation email received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. VAC Status: Application Received.
April 21 2016 - VAC status changed to: Passport in transit to Visa Office
April 22 2016 - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

April 26 2016 - CIC status changed to Closed/Approved.
April 26 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
April 27 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC”
April 28 2016 - USPS Received (prepaid USPS Priority Express)
April 30 2016 - USPS Delivered. Received Passport with Multiple Entry Visa)

if i were i would go to VFs personally pay every thing over and just wait home but its depend where about you are travelling in usa lolz

any ways feel free to ask any thing
cheers
saqib

Dij

May 27, 2016
qxoil said:
yes it is possible to submit passport in different place. i have read on the forum one guy applied from usa and he went to egypt his home country for family visit. he submitted his passport in cairo.
its just common sense too. you applied online paid fees online. they just need you passport to stamp ur visa.
btw if you submitt ur passport in usa you have to pay 30 dollars some handling which you send a banker draft to Philadelphia.
i was going to do same thing when i applied i had in my mind submit my passport in usa new york VFS. but i got approval in almost 5 weeks it depends case to case i guess.

process in usa
another member's post

I got Canadian visitor visa for multiple entry approved. Please find below the timings.

April 18 2016 - Original Passport and prepaid USPS Priority Express Airway mail sent to VAC NYC (Carrier:Fedex Next Day 3pm)
April 18 2016 - Money Order for VAC sent to VAC Lockbox Philadelphia,PA (Carrier:USPS priority 2 day)
April 20 2016 - Confirmation email received from VAC for passport receipt. Contains online tracking number. VAC Status: Application Received.
April 22 2016 - VAC Status changed to "Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

April 26 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC"
April 27 2016 - VAC status changed to "Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC”

if i were i would go to VFs personally pay every thing over and just wait home but its depend where about you are travelling in usa lolz

cheers
saqib

OK so i saw that it is possible but on this forum some people say that u have to inform the cic before we decide to change our VAC. like we are going to new jersey to visit some relatives and we will stay there for the whole time. like we will travel within USA obviously but the permanent address will be that. so the people say that u have to request the cic to change your VAC and give a strong reason and obviously also the mailing address has to be changed so they don't send off the passport to Pakistan while we get stuck in the US. that'd be horrible.

Now i want u to help me out that what i'm thinking of doing is it right?
i haven't well received any PPR yet. BUT when i do i will case an inquiry to change the VAC to somewhere near NJ and the mailing address to my residence in NJ so i can send m passport for stamping and all.
right?

thanks for helping
deeja

Dij

May 27, 2016
qxoil said:

process in usa
another member's post

and can u please send ur timeline?

cheers
saqib

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Dij said:
OK so i saw that it is possible but on this forum some people say that u have to inform the cic before we decide to change our VAC. like we are going to new jersey to visit some relatives and we will stay there for the whole time. like we will travel within USA obviously but the permanent address will be that. so the people say that u have to request the cic to change your VAC and give a strong reason and obviously also the mailing address has to be changed so they don't send off the passport to Pakistan while we get stuck in the US. that'd be horrible.

i haven't well received any PPR yet. BUT when i do i will case an inquiry to change the VAC to somewhere near NJ and the mailing address to my residence in NJ so i can send m passport for stamping and all.
right?

ok listen
first thing first wait until you get passport request. if you get before travel to usa that will be perfect and stright forward submit your passport here in islamabad or where are you in pakistan.
2nd opition for example you travel to usa and then your are asked to submit you passport for visa stamping then you send an email to canadian embassy islamabad @ isbad@international.gc.ca and request them that you want to get your visa stamp in usa. they would allow you for that to do.
this is total legal thing so dont worry once you get the passport request that means your visa application is approved. you are given 30 days to submit your passport. i think you are lucky that u r gonna be in NJ which is just two hrs drive from new york u can drive there VFs and come back same day.vfs is near times square just a waking distance. thank God i am getting visa stamped here in pakistan. other wise i would have travelled so long because i will staying in chicago which is quite far from new york and LA
i pm you my number you may contact me if you want

this is what your receive online in your cic account
Date:
UCI: Application no.:
Dear
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification
number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as
it provides access to personal information on your file.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account.
By submitting your application electronically, you have agreed to receive correspondence electronically.

Please quote these reference numbers when referring to this application.
www.cic.gc.ca/submit

Zahid Mehmood

May 29, 2016
Dear All,

My Canadian National family friend has send me an Invitation Letter so that i can visit Canada. I would like to ask following questions if anyone can please assist.
Is it legal to start a partnership business with him during my stay as visitor or not ?
Can i convert my visit visa in to resident visa after starting a partnership business with Canadian National ?
Can i get Temporary Work Permit during my stay ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Zahid Mehmood said:
Dear All,

My Canadian National family friend has send me an Invitation Letter so that i can visit Canada. I would like to ask following questions if anyone can please assist.
Is it legal to start a partnership business with him during my stay as visitor or not ?
Can i convert my visit visa in to resident visa after starting a partnership business with Canadian National ?
Can i get Temporary Work Permit during my stay ?
Mostly No. You cannot start a legal business without being a PR. Your Canadian friend can register a company in his name. But a visitor cannot have a money involving status.
You can apply for a work permit while being here. But you have to do that as an employee. And your employer in general has to prove to Govt that they could not hire a Canadian for this position that is being offered to you because of your special skills. This approval is called Labor Market Impact assessment and is not easy to obtain, costs money, has requirements for employer (at least have been a company for a year with established other Canadian employees etc.) Very few jobs that are specialized are exempted for LMIA which I assume is not the case with you.

You can always apply for business immigration from within Canada if you qualify for that. There is no concept of CONVERSION between any kinds of visas in Canada.

However, if you say apply for business immigration while being here and are eligible with the basic requirements (usually assessed in a month or so), you could apply for an open work permit while your Permanent residence processing completes.

But for starting points, Business immigration requires one to have a net worth of CAD 10 million. There are several other programs for possibility of PR each of which has different requirements based upon your background. Take a look and see if you could qualify any.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

queries.ca

Aug 25, 2015
Hi all,
I am currently in Canada as a PR and want to apply for visit visa ( not super visa) for my parents. I shall be grateful if someone can briefly state the steps need to be followed.
Can I apply online through the GCKey on the behalf of my parents?
Thank you

niklayteritalashme

Jun 6, 2016
AOA -hope all of you are good and doing well.

I want to apply for my father Supervisa ( for mother i will apply visit visa as she has European travel history) - I my self came here in april 2016 on FSW and Alhumdolilah able to secured job which is 25K above LICO- My sister and brother in law are Canadian citizen and living since 2009 and also have required income . I need answers for following queries before i proceed with application

1: can i fill online form on his behalf or he need to submit paper based application at gerry G9 ofc ?
2: Can my brother in law apply for my father super visa ?
3:Applying alone for father super visa only cause any doubt ( father just performed Haj in 2005 )
4: Can i become co sponsor for father super visa or my sister and brother in law sponsor will be adequate for application?
5: Do my father need to attach any financial document (bank statement , property document as he has 25-30M PKR property on his name in Islamabad)

Thanking in anticipation.

UsmanSShaikh

Jun 8, 2016
Hi Deeja,

I am in a very similar situation, i applied for a visit visa to canada on Apr 2nd, till now no response.

In the meantime i also applied and got a visit visa to the US in 1 week within the month of april. I had planned my travel on the 24th of june and bought tickets to go to the US already as i was getting good rates at the time. I had wrongly thought that I would have my visa to canada well before that time as normally it was taking 1.5 months for people around me but for me its been more than 2 months.

Now my question is similar to urs that if I get my visa approved while I am in the US, will I be able to get the visa stamped only for my wife and kid (I applied for all 3 of us and I will be travelling with them but coming back in 2 weeks while they plan to stay with family for 2 months). Would they be able to apply separately for me or all 3 have to apply together?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,
Usman Shaikh

Dij said:

right?

thanks for helping
deeja

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi everyone, need your help please.

My mother applied in Karachi on paper on 9th May to visit my chacha, dad's first cousin in Canada.

My father passed away a few months ago, and my mother who is a teacher wanted to visit during her summer vacations for 28 days. We attached her pay slips, property documents in her name, salary bank details, employment letter, travel insurance documents, travel history (she travelled to America 10 years ago for one month, had a single and multiple entry visa back then), details of my two brothers (one is studying the other is working but she supports the fees) to show she has her sons to return to, my uncle's documents, invitation letter, bank and salary details, statement saying he will support her for ticket, accomodation and living expenses, etc, proof of relation in terms of pictures from the time she got married 30 years ago to now from my marriage to show how close they are. We also attached a cover letter to explain the whole situation, the relationship with my uncle, how she has a permanent job and sons and property to return to, and all details of the attached documents.

We got the refusal letter today which is such a huge blow. Reasons for refusal are:
- travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- personal assets and financial status

We are so upset because all these reasons are invalid and we provided enough evidence for all of these. Is there any way we can appeal?

What do you all suggest we do?
If we wanted to reapply when we can do that?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
M.mirza said:
Hi everyone, need your help please.

My mother applied in Karachi on paper on 9th May to visit my chacha, dad's first cousin in Canada.

My father passed away a few months ago, and my mother who is a teacher wanted to visit during her summer vacations for 28 days. We attached her pay slips, property documents in her name, salary bank details, employment letter, travel insurance documents, travel history (she travelled to America 10 years ago for one month, had a single and multiple entry visa back then), details of my two brothers (one is studying the other is working but she supports the fees) to show she has her sons to return to, my uncle's documents, invitation letter, bank and salary details, statement saying he will support her for ticket, accomodation and living expenses, etc, proof of relation in terms of pictures from the time she got married 30 years ago to now from my marriage to show how close they are. We also attached a cover letter to explain the whole situation, the relationship with my uncle, how she has a permanent job and sons and property to return to, and all details of the attached documents.

We got the refusal letter today which is such a huge blow. Reasons for refusal are:
- travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- personal assets and financial status

We are so upset because all these reasons are invalid and we provided enough evidence for all of these. Is there any way we can appeal?

What do you all suggest we do?
If we wanted to reapply when we can do that?
Sorry to hear that. There is no limit on when you could apply. You can do that when you want.

But I recommend getting GCMS notes of refusal to see more concrete reasons of refusal.

Engr_Pilot

Mar 31, 2016
Hey!!
Hope you all doing good.i applied for student visa from UAE in March. i received an email that a final decision has been made and submit your passport but when i submitted the passport i received another email that your application is pending because of background checks. its almost now three months since my passport is with the embassy. the processing time was 10 days and now its more than three months...any help would be really appreciated thanks.

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
fkl said:
Sorry to hear that. There is no limit on when you could apply. You can do that when you want.

But I recommend getting GCMS notes of refusal to see more concrete reasons of refusal.
Thank you for replying fkl. Can you please give me the link to the process for requesting these notes? And their cost/processing time? Many thanks