+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

Arco

Mar 6, 2010
Dear all,
I am preparing myself for a IELTS test. Anyone plz tell me which types of IELTS is suaitable for FSW appliation. General or Academic? Thanks.

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
My IELTS result will be expire on next May'10.... is it possible to use this IELTS result,if i want to sent full doc to visa office within 15th april ? any senior please help me .. i am worried..

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Arco said:
Dear all,
I am preparing myself for a IELTS test. Anyone plz tell me which types of IELTS is suaitable for FSW appliation. General or Academic? Thanks.
For FSW General is OK.

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lock in date start at the time of received app to cio,,donot worry about ielts....if it is valid at the time of app to cio...then it will work as per all sr members....

Kartic

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made a bank draft from BRAC BANK. they gave me draft of 2 pieces. should i cut the small piece (counter part) and send remain part or send the totat??????

please clarify.....urgent.............

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Never ever make DD from banks those dont have any of their own branches in the country where the money is going to be headed. it delays the process.

Yes, keep the small part, its the proof.
Send the bigger part.

to which branch did BRAC Bank send this money ? BRAC has no branch in Canada afik.

Kartic

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i send from Gulshan Brac bank branch. they send directly to Canadian bank with swift code. many Bangladeshi did in this way..SHOULD IT DELAY MY PROCESS? How i will know should CIC receive my money or not??

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
They didnt send it to a Canadian bank using SWIFT until Bangladesh Central bank permitted it, sometimes they do it before getting it thinking that the central bank would permit. anyways, dont worry, the money has already gone and you'll know it when the DD is cashed.

Kartic

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how i know when the DD will cashed? from bank? money is already gone from my bank account.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
jnathan said:
They didnt send it to a Canadian bank using SWIFT until Bangladesh Central bank permitted it, sometimes they do it before getting it thinking that the central bank would permit. anyways, dont worry, the money has already gone and you'll know it when the DD is cashed.
Do not argue without knowing anything!

BRAC Bank and many other Banglaldeshi banks have correspondance relationship with Canadian Banks or Banks which have Branches at Canada. There are some permissible items like immigration/education/treatment fees.
These can be sent through DD from Brac Bank and other Banks (Say IFIC Bank).

jnathan, for God's sake do not cnfuse people or do not supply them wrong info. They have come here for proper guidance but people like you confusing them with your ignorance.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
Kartic said:
how i know when the DD will cashed? from bank? money is already gone from my bank account.
If you ask Brac Bank they will show you (they have the statment with them after the dd is encashed or deposited with the beneficiary) the statement how the money went to where.

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Seniors are requested to provide the right information, so that forum members will not be confused.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Right. I agree with u. Thanka nasim bhai...

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
nasim15 said:
Do not argue without knowing anything!

BRAC Bank and many other Banglaldeshi banks have correspondance relationship with Canadian Banks or Banks which have Branches at Canada. There are some permissible items like immigration/education/treatment fees.
These can be sent through DD from Brac Bank and other Banks (Say IFIC Bank).

jnathan, for God's sake do not cnfuse people or do not supply them wrong info. They have come here for proper guidance but people like you confusing them with your ignorance.
Thanks Nasim Bhai for your valuable information.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
There is no point of argument.

To Nasim15,

DO Not Warn or confuse anyone without Knowing anything !
Besides, Which part of my reply you did NOT understand? I am always ready to let ignorant people know the things they ignore.

My Friend worked in that bank and the answered reflected his reply.
BRAC bank has no branch of its own in Canadian soil like Standard Chartered, HSBC, CITI NA etc.
what they have is a bank account with any of the Canadian banks, like Bank of Montreal, Scotiabank, The Royal Bank, CIBC, TD (canada Trust). When someone like RPN goes to BRAC Bank in Dhaka, they give you two things, one for the info about the money to be sent and another is the remittance permission form for BD Central Bank. So upon filling up those forms BRAC bank issue a DD and an order is requested to their bank in Canada where they have an account, money is debited from there. I personally dont see anything wrong has been done when the DD was made from BRac bank.

No matter how state of the art SWIFT you use, money cant leave BD for its strict money laundering and outbound remittance policy- that is the possible permission of BD Central Bank. As I said earlier, sometimes they block it if suspicion is detected even after the money has left BD.

I personally have seen during my attachment with banking industry that many of the such DD's have been refused by the BD Central bank for fraudulent and money laundering suspicion.