App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
HI, we are now in Toronto. Safely reach . Flight was good. Sunny day but too much clod . But very nice city. everything is very organized.Like it...:)

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vncviewer said:
HI, we are now in Toronto. Safely reach . Flight was good. Sunny day but too much clod . But very nice city. everything is very organized.Like it...:)
Congrats on your safe landing maam...All the best to your new start of life in CAN

K

katoky

vncviewer said:

very happy to know sis... :D
have a woderful & happy life over there... :) :)

katoky

S

shaon31

vncviewer said:
Congrats on a safe landing. Share your landing experience whenever you get a chance. wish you all the best.

Shac

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here comes the full story. We travelled by emirates airlines upto LHR and then by Air Canada to YYZ. We were 4 persons. We got 8 pcs of baggage of 23 kg each + 4 pcs of hand trolley 7 kg each. If you have excess weights make one suitcase 32 kg and others 23 kg. For this extra 9 kg you’ll have to pay 44 dollars to emirates at boarding. Ticket costs us around BDT 260,000. We were carrying good amount of cash with us and we had some arrangements in airport so didn’t have to face any problem. But my experience says never try to hide money in your body. Keep them in your hand bag or trolley covered/packed with carbon paper or black garbage bag (black polythene). From Dhaka to Dubai it was a 5.5 hour flight. Transit in DXB was for 3 hrs. But from Dhaka flight was delayed for 1 hr. so we didn’t have to wait in DXB much. From dxb to lhr flight was for 7 hrs. Here our transit was less than 2 hrs and we missed vncviewer here as their transit was 5 hrs. so after landing we quickly went for security checking and couldn’t wait for them. We were not carrying any liquid or gel in our hand luggage. You’ll have to remove your jacket, belt and shoes only while passing through the security gate. LHR security check also went very smooth. They showed a very friendly attitude. They were appreciating kids, chatting with them. We heard from a few ppl that LHR security is almost harassment. But it was not like that for us at all. After security checking and before boarding in plane there were another check of passports and visas. Then our journey started in Air Canada for YYZ. This flight was for 8 hrs. We were supposed to land at 13.10 local time but the plane landed at 12.30. We went to immigration and showed our passport and a declaration card that were given to us in the flight and we filled it in flight. The officer asked us how much money we are carrying and wrote it in the card. Then he directed us to another room. There we submitted our passport, landing paper and declaration card. The lady asked us to wait in the waiting area until she calls us. Then she called us and took my husband’s signature in his landing paper and in the kids landing paper and my one in my landing paper. Our address was given in the declaration card and she confirmed that PR card will be posted to that address. Then she directed us to a booth where another lady gave us some brochures and child tax benefit form and there were another booth from where we were given materials related to employment in Canada (I haven’t go through the materials yet so I’m still not confirm what material we received from the second booth). Then we went downstairs to baggage claim area. We had a total of 4 suitcases, 4 cartons, 3 hand trolleys, one back pack and one laptop bag. So we took help of porter. That cost us 20 CAD. The porter took us to the custom area. Custom officer asked whether we have any goods to follow, if we are carrying any meat or cigarette and how much money we are carrying with us. He didn’t bother to check our luggage or money and showed the exit door. We came out from the airport at 13.30 local time. Our relatives were waiting outside for us. Weather was -4 (feels like -8) by evening it dropped to feels like – 18. next two days we rested at home and went to some nearby shopping mall. On Monday we went to service Canada for sin card and opened our bank account in TD. Weather is improving from today. Hopefully will admit the kids in school by next week.

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear seniors, i have submited my file to s vo at the begining of the november 2010 and i dont know when i will get my MR. The account i have shown and POF is still there. But unfortunately not getting any interest of this POF. if i fixed deposit it in some other bank we can get some good interest. in this case what should we do ? please advise ..........should we fixed this pof to other bank and get some good interest? ;)

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Shac & vncviewer,

WELCOME TO CANADA.

RPN

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Teaspoon,

its your money and you can transfer/fix it/make fdr anywhere you want as long as the total amount turns no less than the satisfactory POF as you submitted to CIC. all you need is to send the updated bank statements and certificates to the VO with a cover letter. I am hearing that banks in Banglades giving around 15% interest on FDR's. pretty lucrative now to invest there.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
nargis

We still dont know what will be the PoF in upcoming months.
did you mean what was the minimum PoF required for a 3 member family?
The question should have been: Do you know what is the minimum amount thats required as PoF?
I wonder how applicants can expect to get pass the PR process having this kinda weak English proficiency !!

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Shac for making your successful landing... Wish you and your family happy stay and settlement... Looking forward to listen more from you on your initial days and issues to be concerned for the settlement when you find time..... Take care

Sab123

Dec 8, 2010
Hi,

I am really having difficulty with Bangladesh Post office. First, they lost my medical request letter, I had to request immigration to send via DHL, which arrived in just 3 days. Next time, when the passport request came, the postman claimed money to deliver the letter seeing that its for immigration. This time, its been more than a month since I submitted passport. The immigration website is showing "Decision Made", but I am still waiting for the letter. I am guessing its with the post office, but they are not cooperative. :-[. Anybody faced similar difficulty? Please dont ask me to have patience. I am stuck in overseas for 2 months and without passport, I cannot travel. I want to return to Dhaka.

S

shaon31

Sab123 said:
Hi,

I am really having difficulty with Bangladesh Post office. First, they lost my medical request letter, I had to request immigration to send via DHL, which arrived in just 3 days. Next time, when the passport request came, the postman claimed money to deliver the letter seeing that its for immigration. This time, its been more than a month since I submitted passport. The immigration website is showing "Decision Made", but I am still waiting for the letter. I am guessing its with the post office, but they are not cooperative. :-[. Anybody faced similar difficulty? Please dont ask me to have patience. I am stuck in overseas for 2 months and without passport, I cannot travel. I want to return to Dhaka.
There is only one thing I can suggest you. Ask your family members to communicate with the local post man and give him some "speed money". If you could do this earlier, things would be much more easier for you.

Regards
--
Shaon

tosher

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
BD
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 th Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
17th Feb 2010
AOR Received.
17-2-2010
IELTS Request
17-2-2010
File Transfer...
9th April 2010
Med's Request
04/05/2011
Med's Done....
25/05/2011
Interview........
Weaved
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah Received 29/9/11
VISA ISSUED...
Decession Made 27/10/11
LANDED..........
27/11/2011
vncviewer said:
Congratulations, Please share ur deails flight experiance. which airlines, travel rout immigrations in BD And YYZ, About USD u took with u< and everything what evr u can write detail.
Regards
Toshar

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear sab123
yes . i went through this situation in the past when i missed the AOR .later, i requested it to the visa office and they sent it via the e-mail .but its true that these are the common ill social traits in our county and it will continue to exist for an unknown time. to my case , i went through many measures but the efforts were futile and became so irritated .now, at this point of time , you should send some family members to deal with the situation . give some money to the post man or the responsible for delivery in your residential area which will help you better than taking any actions against them. it is not applied in this country and every effort will go in vain . for ensuring their demand ,I contacted the postman every now and then and since then things were delivered a forehand . now for next couple of months , the post man have been and will be more courios as DV winners notification are being sent to the winners and those postman will be more serious for their money-making job. so its your duty to handle the situation in a existing social traits .Mind it that the CHC is not giving you PR , rather Postman is the key Immigration officer !take it easy and be patient,i know its bitter for you, but no way out, bddy!it probably may take another hundred years for us for a Real Post Man.

Remain Blessed.
imu

S

shaon31

imu said:
dear sab123
yes . i went through this situation in the past when i missed the AOR .later, i requested it to the visa office and they sent it via the e-mail .but its true that these are the common ill social traits in our county and it will continue to exist for an unknown time. to my case , i went through many measures but the efforts were futile .now, at this point of time , you should send some family members to deal with the situation . give some money to the post man or the responsible for delivery in your residential area which will help you better than taking any actions against them. it is not applied in this country and every effort will go in vain . for ensuring their demand ,I contacted the postman every now and then and since then things were delivered a forehand . now for next couple of months , the post man have been and will be more courios as DV winners notification are being sent to the winners and those postman will be more serious for their money-making job. so its your duty to handle the situation in a existing social traits .Mind it that the CHC is not giving you PR , rather Postman is the key Immigration officer !

Remain Blessed.
imu
Couldn't say anything more than that as the situation is like as you have mentioned.