File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Yes I calked cic and they told me the same thing, we have no information on your app and it has jot been retutned, wait atleast another two weeks....
So I totaly agree with doc-mady, if it was capped we would have apps returned by now but since no one after Dec1 has heard back is a good sign!

NEWMANMAN said:

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
nina84 said:
Yes I calked cic and they told me the same thing, we have no information on your app and it has jot been retutned, wait atleast another two weeks....
So I totaly agree with doc-mady, if it was capped we would have apps returned by now but since no one after Dec1 has heard back is a good sign!

NEWMANMAN said:
We need to wait, hard to say if it is good or not. hope good things happen soon,

sammoham

Mar 10, 2015
Hey guys,

My application was delivered on Dec 8th. I called CIC today morning to ask about my application status. Surprisingly, she told me that they have not received any application with my name and information. I was wondering if they gave you the same answer when you called CIC. Does it mean my application got lost? Or it just means that they have not opened my application yet?
Thanks.

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Hi Sammoham,

Dont worry. They told me the same thing. Even the officer ask what courier did I send my app with and what was the tracking number! For some reason they have put all PhD applications aside for now and havent opened any.

Cheers!

sammoham said:
Hey guys,

My application was delivered on Dec 8th. I called CIC today morning to ask about my application status. Surprisingly, she told me that they have not received any application with my name and information. I was wondering if they gave you the same answer when you called CIC. Does it mean my application got lost? Or it just means that they have not opened my application yet?
Thanks.

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
nina84 said:
Hi Sammoham,

Dont worry. They told me the same thing. Even the officer ask what courier did I send my app with and what was the tracking number! For some reason they have put all PhD applications aside for now and havent opened any.

Cheers!
No worries, same thing for me. They have not opened our applications yet.

sammoham

Mar 10, 2015
Thank you so much Nina and Newmanman,

I though my application package got lost since the CIC asked me to email the Sydney office and asked for help.
I emailed them right away, but I haven't received any answer so far. Probably, they wont respond my request.
Looking forward to hearing good news about Dec applications.

Cheers

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
sammoham said:
Thank you so much Nina and Newmanman,

I though my application package got lost since the CIC asked me to email the Sydney office and asked for help.
I emailed them right away, but I haven't received any answer so far. Probably, they wont respond my request.
Looking forward to hearing good news about Dec applications.

Cheers
Just a thought:

I think the best way is to send email and then wait.....Our calls make them frustrated as they are telling same story to all of us... so they started giving random information.......I know it is difficult for us to wait like this (without knowing anything),.....I am sure no one of us will bother them if they have confirmed that we are in....but CIC is not revealing anything...and the reason is not clear....we should be in their first priority as all of us have already spent two years here in Canada than other new friends....but it seems like they are currently focusing on closing other NOCs...

Here are fews thoughts:
1. They know all of PhD applicants (mostly-who applied for PR) will be here in Canada, so they might have assumed that we can wait longer than necessary and we do not have any choice other than waiting .....

2. They are focusing on other NOCs Applicants because they wanted to get rid of all applications which have already capped out (they will have much more other applications than PhD...and keeping few PhD applications will not bother them at all)

3. No matter what they are trying to reach 25000 cap, so they are also dealing with EE to meet the goal of 25000 by April. Therefore, they are lowering the total scores....

But Question remained in my mind that....We (PhD applicants) could easily settle down very soon in Canada than any new friends....having said that.....Will they return our applications saying the cap has been reached (500)? ...

Anyway... Spring is coming guys....hopefully Spring will bring some good news .....

Cheers!!!

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Thanks Dec14 for reasonable thoughts

it is not that big issue to network 500 Insider (I mean doing PhD In Canada).

Why they are silent, in other stream, applicant are helping each others by sharing their experience (who got response)

But here in PhD Stream, all applicant are silent

I assume some of them might have got some sort of response from CIC!

If they can share such response from CIC with their timeline, it will be really helpful (they can keep them anonymous as much they want).

Come on guys,! help each other by 1) thoughts like DEC14 or 2) by sharing info i.e., Response from CIC

Applicant until when hear back from CIC, if there is 1) any new CC charge, 2) PER or 3)file return it will be really helpful

Cheers

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Dec14 definitely raised some good points! The reason for all this delay is big question mark for me as well.

As parajurilp said we should stay in contact and share our time line any info we have. I just heard a Dec1 applicant got his PER but no one one else or anything after that. Since there isnt that many of us here it would also be a good idea to have a whatsapp or viber group to stay in touch and keep eachothe updated on our applications.
Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!

parajulirp said:
Thanks Dec14 for reasonable thoughts

it is not that big issue to network 500 Insider (I mean doing PhD In Canada).

Why they are silent, in other stream, applicant are helping each others by sharing their experience (who got response)

But here in PhD Stream, all applicant are silent

I assume some of them might have got some sort of response from CIC!

If they can share such response from CIC with their timeline, it will be really helpful (they can keep them anonymous as much they want).

Come on guys,! help each other by 1) thoughts like DEC14 or 2) by sharing info i.e., Response from CIC

Applicant until when hear back from CIC, if there is 1) any new CC charge, 2) PER or 3)file return it will be really helpful

Cheers

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
I tried calling them but just can't get through. My application reached on Dec 8th, have heard nothing back. Also I paid via a bank draft so can't provide information about CC en-cashing.

parajulirp

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
InLand
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Our File reached CIO on 15th Dec 2014
NOC 4012,
No CC charged & later steps

Please Share your

1) NOC,
2) Date reached on CIO
3) CC Charge Date
4) PER
5) AOR
6) VO

if you/r

1) Are PhD stream applicant (as call centre were reported to be inconsistent)
2) Waiting time > 10 weeks !
3) Got reliable response like mail or explanation letter (if app package unfortunately returned)

enghope

Dec 19, 2014
Hi,
We sent inquiry email and two letters mailed to the addresses of intake office in Sydney hopefully will get positive reply.

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
sammoham said:
Hey guys,

Thanks.
seems they are not working on our applications at this time, I believe they have the applications definitely. I think there are several reasons that they do not want to give us more information. Waiting time is 10 weeks and based on their instruction the CIC agents can provide more information after this period of time. If they tell us: yes we have your applications then they will receive more questions and some of them may be controversial so they prefer to simply ask the applicants waiting. I understand this is frustrating, however, I prefer to work on my research at this time because I believe we did our part and we need to wait for the outcome and be positive and pray for good things :)

NEWMANMAN

Oct 27, 2014
parajulirp said:
Our File reached CIO on 15th Dec 2014
NOC 4012,
No CC charged & later steps

Please Share your

1) NOC,
2) Date reached on CIO
3) CC Charge Date
4) PER
5) AOR
6) VO

if you/r

1) Are PhD stream applicant (as call centre were reported to be inconsistent)
2) Waiting time > 10 weeks !
3) Got reliable response like mail or explanation letter (if app package unfortunately returned)
I just saw this post, I called them several times, the last time was last week, I did not get any helpful information, some agents told me they have not my application and some told me wait and call back later! I have also sent them an email but I did not get back anything. The waiting time is not clear, the website says 10 weeks but one of friends waited for ~4 months, she submitted her application on June 2014 and her cc was charged on mid October. Hope it helps.

DEC14

Jan 14, 2015
NS
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-04-2017
enghope said:
Hi,
We sent inquiry email and two letters mailed to the addresses of intake office in Sydney hopefully will get positive reply.
What that two mailed letters are about? Are u charged ? or waiting for it??? Is it good way to send documents without knowing the status of your applications ( I mean before we get file no.)?