+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All AORs received in April 2015, lets connect here and share updates & timelines

toe2head

Dec 21, 2014
Dear All,

I've been waiting over a month for medical pass, but there's no progress since AOR.
Have you been waiting for long time like me? I've checked with panel doctor where I did upfront medical and they confirmed sent my case
to CIC on April 16th. So, I'm doubt should I inquire CIC call center for this.

Thanks for any advice what I should do.

Many thanks.

nnik

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toe2head said:
Dear All,

I've been waiting over a month for medical pass, but there's no progress since AOR.
Have you been waiting for long time like me? I've checked with panel doctor where I did upfront medical and they confirmed sent my case

Many thanks.
I waited a month and a half before my medicals changed to "passed". Called CIC 2 times to ask what is going on and they just told me to wait, and that they don't know anything. Don't worry, your status will change sooner or later.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
toe2head said:
Dear All,

Many thanks.
waiting for long time like me? :eek: :-X :-\
sure....I am waiting since 26th Feb 2015
and there are people on this forum who are waiting from feb and march... dude it is too soon for you to worry about anything

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
How many of you April Applicant got the following message in your MY CIC

""CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
curious_123 said:

""CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."
Did you get this on your my cic?

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
curious_123 said:

I never received any message that confirmed that my application met the requirements of a complete application. Yesterday I received my BOWP, 1 year duration, from May 19, 2015 to May 19, 2016.
I applied for BOWP by mail, the app was received by CIC Vegreville on February 9.

The below is all I received in MyCIC:

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by Citizenship and
Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account on January 28, 2015.

We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote this application number in
any future correspondence.

Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application
pursuant to Section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) Regulations.

If your application does not meet the requirements of this section, your application will be rejected as incomplete
and any fees paid will be returned.

Processing of your application

CIC intends to process most cases in six months or less, However, processing time vary. The processing time
associated with your application will depend on the individual circumstances of your file. You will be able to check
the status of your application via your MyCIC account.

If further information is required for CIC to process your application, CIC will notify you through your MyCIC
account.

Interview

If you are required to attend an interview, you will be notified of the appointment in your MyCIC account and you
will be provided with further instructions at that time.

shirebikes

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
It seems like i'm ahead of a few people on here so here is my timeline:

ITA 27th March
Medical Submitted 15th April
AOR 16th April

I have 3 lines of ECAS, though im not sure how long thats been the case.

From what i gather once your medical results are passed then you get AOR pretty quick. This is especially the case if you are in the UK or Aus as they can transfer your medical results electronically through a secure system.

Status as follows:

Application/profile status - Open
Review of eligibility - Review in Progress
Review of medical results - Passed
Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
A background check is needed - In Progress
A final decision has been reached - Not Started

None of the above has changed since AOR.

looking at the only application on the spreadsheet to have a completed for, it suggests ~8 weeks between AOR and PPR, so I dont expect to hear anything until early to mid June

HTH

Ed

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious_123 said:

So then, no one has got this message? It's quite confusing, since it's the message you are supposed to be able to use to get a BOWP, but everyone who has a BOWP got it on the basis of the first, automatic AOR.

bartobr

Jan 5, 2015
What do you guys think: Is it a problem to enter Canada with a temporary visa while I wait for EE?

I've applied both to Express Entry and for a Temporary Visa. I already have the temporary visa. My position (postdoc) starts July 1st.

I've received my AOR in may and my background check reads "haven't started yet". I'm starting to believe I won't get an EE response in June.

Is it "ok" for me to move with the temporary visa and wait for EE in Canada? Or should I try to postpone my start day? I can probably push it to July 15, but not much latter than that.

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
bartobr said:
What do you guys think: Is it a problem to enter Canada with a temporary visa while I wait for EE?

I've applied both to Express Entry and for a Temporary Visa. I already have the temporary visa. My position (postdoc) starts July 1st.

I've received my AOR in may and my background check reads "haven't started yet". I'm starting to believe I won't get an EE response in June.

Is it "ok" for me to move with the temporary visa and wait for EE in Canada? Or should I try to postpone my start day? I can probably push it to July 15, but not much latter than that.
yeah its ok as long as you let CIC know about that :)

tiger35

May 26, 2015
Hi guys,submitted application on April 1st and receive AOR 7th of April..medical pass on 15 th April. Got mail from cic asking to upload family information (schedule A). Submitted additional document on 20th April.after that no updates at all..little worried because I am on implied status now.also I applied for new LMIA and BOWP.please give me some advise :( :(

bartobr

Jan 5, 2015
brunofuster said:
yeah its ok as long as you let CIC know about that :)
How should I go about it? I assume they know, since we have the unique identification number. In my EE application, I've attached my temporary work documents.

Should I contact them and let them know? Through which channels?

brunofuster

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
bartobr said:
How should I go about it? I assume they know, since we have the unique identification number. In my EE application, I've attached my temporary work documents.

Should I contact them and let them know? Through which channels?
You have to report address changes as mentioned in the AOR, so then you can explain that you moved here already because you have the temporary wp...

You have to send a "case specific enquiry"
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
bartobr said:

It is OK to move to Canada and update your status once you are in Canada. It does not matter whether you're in Canada or Outside once you've submitted your Profile and got the AOR.

@tiger35, You already have the AOR from April which you can use it for your BOWP. Also, you have an LMIA in progress and with these you have no reason to worry. In EE once you submitted your APR and it does not matter what so ever unless you have any other complications with the submitted docs. So just relax and keep fingers crossed, you will get your turn.

snoply

Jul 2, 2014
Hi Guy,
after medical is passed how long before PPR ? any one knows ??
thanks and Good luck for all