+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All AORs received in April 2015, lets connect here and share updates & timelines

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
ashrafgk said:
My BG check still not started.

I applied under FSW(in Canada). AOR April 10th, Medical Passed April 15th.

ECAS - 3 lines (Application Received)

My friend who applied same time as me, also has the same result.
Hmm, everyone I know of who received AOR on April 10, including myself, got their medicals passed on April 15 and still have their background check "Not started". It's as if everyone from April 10 was processed in one batch for medicals and then put on a shelf.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a guess. For those of us from outside Canada who have our medicals passed and Background Checks not started, it is possible that our background checks are already in progress. If you are applying from outside Canada, once your medicals have been passed, your file automatically gets transfered to a Canadian Embassy outside Canada. It is possible that most of those outside VOs are not yet used to the idea of updating statuses in this new EE system. It is highly unlikely that they have not started the BGs of all of us from outside Canada. They have started. They just haven't bothered about the whole status thing. I'm expecting my PPR mail very soon and so should you.

allthebest

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Singalingali said:
Just a guess. For those of us from outside Canada who have our medicals passed and Background Checks not started, it is possible that our background checks are already in progress. If you are applying from outside Canada, once your medicals have been passed, your file automatically gets transfered to a Canadian Embassy outside Canada. It is possible that most of those outside VOs are not yet used to the idea of updating statuses in this new EE system. It is highly unlikely that they have not started the BGs of all of us from outside Canada. They have started. They just haven't bothered about the whole status thing. I'm expecting my PPR mail very soon and so should you.
Well only CIC knows. I accidentally emailed australia sidney's VO and they told me my file is being processed in ottawa VO. not sure how true that is. It was 3 wks ago and havent heard back from ottawa. So i wont speculate where our files are. But to be fair i dont think they sit on the applications. There have been movements on our applications and it's only less than 4 months since we received ITAs. we r very fortunate and expect to hear good news before Aug on PPR. meanwhile we can relax and wait. Hope u get your PPR soon!

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singalingali said:
You may be right. After all a guy from Hongkong was called for an interview when his background check was not started.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
You may be right. After all a guy from Hongkong was called for an interview when his background check was not started.
Yeah Anya654 I think I'm right. They've started looking at the applications for sure but don't expect any update after medicals passed cos they're still doing things the old school way. They will only contact you with PPR message or if they require extra documents. So cheer up guys, our applications are being processed Keep an eye on the ECAS as well because they're more used to that.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On another thread, this user (Uozer) has said that he is pure FSW applying from outside Canada and his BG check just moved to In Prgress and ECAS moved to In Process as well. Things are moving it appears...

Anyone else got any updates today???

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
Asivad Anac said:
On another thread, this user (Uozer) has said that he is pure FSW applying from outside Canada and his BG check just moved to In Prgress and ECAS moved to In Process as well. Things are moving it appears...

Anyone else got any updates today???
No updates on mine. Asivad, could you please post a link to the thread you mentioned? I would like to see Uozer's timeline. Thank you ::)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
esantos said:
No updates on mine. Asivad, could you please post a link to the thread you mentioned? I would like to see Uozer's timeline. Thank you ::)
Here is the link where Uozer talks about his timeline... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here-t269696.4080.html

uozer said:
1- 0122
2- no dubai :)
3- no, none of those. pure fsw.
Another quote from Uozer in that same thread where he replied to questions about his NOC, VO and whether he had any Canadian/NA work or academic experience.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Applied on 3rd April, Medical passed and Background check in Progress since 21st April ...No update since... Dont know if i should be worried...I still did not see any one from April got PPR...

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheer up and be patient :) They promised 6 months not 2 months some still waiting from February and we are still lucky compering to those who had to wait years to get residency. We will get there too. 8)

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Panka79 said:
Cheer up and be patient :) They promised 6 months not 2 months some still waiting from February and we are still lucky compering to those who had to wait years to get residency. We will get there too. 8)
Hey not worried about the time...just want to be sure that application is fine and in process...since many people who applied in same month having different updates making us curious whats going on...

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Here is the link where Uozer talks about his timeline... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here-t269696.4080.html

Another quote from Uozer in that same thread where he replied to questions about his NOC, VO and whether he had any Canadian/NA work or academic experience.
Thank you Asivad. +1 for your answer :D

I am getting a bit apprehensive since I got AOR on April 13, and it's getting close to 1 month since ECAS changed to App Received (on May 12)
Wondering if April AOR's will get PPR's on June still ::) - A man can dream... ;D

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Singalingali said:
Yeah Anya654 I think I'm right. They've started looking at the applications for sure but don't expect any update after medicals passed cos they're still doing things the old school way. They will only contact you with PPR message or if they require extra documents. So cheer up guys, our applications are being processed Keep an eye on the ECAS as well because they're more used to that.
You're quite likely right. Another friend of mine who submitted on April 30 and got Medical Passed on May 1 still has BG check not started. I'm wonder if the Kingston Visa Office is updating that aspect of things. PPR usually comes a few weeks after the Third line is added to ECAS (Medical Received).

This waiting is driving me up the wall :-\

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
23-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
07-Aug-2015

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
esantos said:
I don't know if this link has been posted elsewhere, but today I came across this page and found it very interesting as it defines the guidelines for CIC officers to check for application completeness.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Hope it helps

Hey esantos, check out this link as well, it describes the various steps in processing and how applicants can be rejected or selected for subsequent processing - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

YamPower said:
You're quite likely right. Another friend of mine who submitted on April 30 and got Medical Passed on May 1 still has BG check not started. I'm wonder if the Kingston Visa Office is updating that aspect of things. PPR usually comes a few weeks after the Third line is added to ECAS (Medical Received).

This waiting is driving me up the wall :-\

Hi Yampower, where did you get this info from about PPR following in a few weeks from 3rd line? I've had the 3rd line for more than a month now and BG as "Not Started". Is there any hope for the PPR arriving soon in this case? I see quite a number of March and April applicants who are in similar situation. :-\