+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta INP - FAMILY STREAM

avin

Aug 1, 2008
hello everyone
If anyone have alredy applied in this family can help in Querries ifor applicant

1. Canadian recognized financial institute mean Canadian Bank or financial institution in which we(applicant) have to deposit that $10000+ amount for dependents ???? If yes, can anybody tell the List?
&
2. if we have deposited that amount in that Institution whats that........."*** Your, or your spouse, account history, stamped by a recognised financial Instution, for the past three months"?
is that mean two accounts minimum 3 months old ?
3. Can this Institution be a branch of canadian Bank in applicant's country or branch of home country's bank in Canada?

Regards,
avin

avin

Aug 1, 2008
Hello Everybody
Till date the Alberta INP-family stream is accepting applications, while this year's number under this stream was only 600.
Has anyone got any nomination under this stream?.
I would welcome if anyone had applied under the category .

Regards!!

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hi,

I have a sibling living in Calgary, so I d like to apply to immigrate there with the FAMILY STREAM, but my spouse's English is zero. What should I do? Now I have got 3 children as well.

Please share your ideas.

Thanks

joud

Nov 19, 2008
hi i am jordanian man with my wife and 2 child i whant to live and work in canada
please give me your ideas

ainp123

Nov 28, 2008
Note that the 600 application limit has been removed, this has become a permanent process and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis with no cut off.

New Horison, i suggest your spouse does an english learning course followed by the english test. At the information session they said every member coming in under the visa must be able to have passed the test, and proof of this has to be sent with the application

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
I have a problem with my spouse's Enlish so I cannot apply through Alberta INP - Family Stream. And I applied with FSW last month. I am waiting for their reply soon next month.

avin

Aug 1, 2008
hello horrison/ ainp123

Mr horrison i think ainp123 is right , for AINP-family stream u and ur spouse must meet criteria of age and English.

Regards

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will the requirements be laxed for parents who are over 60 years and come from non-English background -for family stream sponsorship?

Thanks in advance,
Taps

avin

Aug 1, 2008
helo taps
i think that will not happen in AINP-Family stream
b'coz if u go in depth one way or other this stream is same as FSW
Province want young , english speaking people, having one yr of post matric study as well as job experiece and having blood relative in alberta ................. what it is ?.......... same as FSW ....... but fast tracked

THATS PURELY MY OPINION !!!

AVIN

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avin said:
helo taps
Province want young , english speaking people, having one yr of post matric study as well as job experiece and having blood relative in alberta ................. what it is ?.......... same as FSW ....... but fast tracked

AVIN
AINP family stream is not the same as FSW. It's a totally different program allowing people who would not meet FSW requirements to immigrate to AB if they have family in AB.

ainp123

Nov 28, 2008
Leon said:
avin said:
helo taps

AVIN
AINP family stream is not the same as FSW. It's a totally different program allowing people who would not meet FSW requirements to immigrate to AB if they have family in AB.
AINP is not to reunite families - its about bringing skilled worked to AB. FSW, on the otherhand, is more geared to helping bring family members in

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainp123 said:
AINP is not to reunite families - its about bringing skilled worked to AB. FSW, on the otherhand, is more geared to helping bring family members in
Are you sure you don't have this in reverse? FSW requirements have very little to do with having family in Canada although you do get a few extra points if you do. AINP family stream on the other hand allows people to sponsor their relatives that they would not be allowed to sponsor under the federal system, for example aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, children over age 22 etc.

Of course there is also AINP employer driven stream, H1B campaign and other programs for skilled workers.

ainp123

Nov 28, 2008
Maybe i am confusing FSW with something else but at the AINP info session, they stressed, on more than one occasion that the purpose of the AINP family stream process was not to re-unite family members, yes, you can sponsor them to bring them here but it was more geared towards getting the skills needed in AB. Hence the reason there is the age limit on there also.

They said if you wanted to bring other family members here, parents, etc it would have to be through the federal process. But that the federal process was more in line with bringing families together....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW stands for Federal skilled worker. It's the program where you get points for your education and experience and the one also with the new rules that you need to have experience in one of 38 "most wanted" occupations to apply or failing that, you need to have a job offer to apply. It has very little to do with family ties although you do get a few extra points for having a close family member in Canada.

There is a federal family sponsorship system but it is very limited in who it allows you to sponsor. You can bring your parents or grandparents but it takes a very long time. You can bring a spouse. You can bring your own or your spouses children if they are under 22 or financially dependent on you. You can bring siblings, nieces and nephews only if they are orphan and under 18. That's pretty much it. You can not bring your uncle or aunt or cousin, you can not bring niece or nephew or sibling over 18 or not orphaned and you can not even bring your children if they are over 22 and working.

There is a clause that says you can bring one other relative if you have no other relatives in Canada but I looked into it before AINP family stream was started and my brother was thinking about maybe coming here but I found out that to qualify for this "one other relative" clause in the federal system, not only could I have no relatives in Canada which I don't but also I could not have any sponsorship eligible relatives anywhere else, even if they were not interested in being sponsored so because my parents are alive, even if they are not interested in coming to Canada at all, that meant that I could not sponsor my brother. Also if I had been able to sponsor my brother, he had to be alone. Since he is married, that too would have stopped me from sponsoring him. Of course I could sponsor him now under AINP but he changed his mind.