+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Congratulations to Olu and Inge on the PNP nomination ..... hope I didn't leave anyone out.

I have a few questions concerning the CIC stage that I'm hoping you gurus can help me with:

- My wife has lost her birth certificate, what can we submit in place of this ... affidavits, etc. I was wondering if anybody had to deal with this situation. We are obviously not americans, so I was wondering if something sworn here will suffice or if we have to obtain a document from our place of birth.

- I have a family of 4, the required funds for a family of this size is CAD$19,700 (about US$15,000) today. I was however dumb enough to fill in US$25,000 as my available funds in the copy of federal form that I submitted for the PNP application. 2 questions:
(1) Can I alter the original form that I submit for the CIC to reflect what is needed for my family size e.g. $16,000?
(2) I really don't have this funds, but I plan to pay in some credit card funds available to me into my checking account, get a letter from my bank based on this balance, then pay back my credit card. Anyone else do something similar?, is this advisable?
I also note that they want the proof of funds from a "savings" account, does it matter if it is in a "checking" account?, I don't have a savings account.

Any insight in this regard or related issues will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
WalkingFunny said:
Congratulations to Olu and Inge on the PNP nomination ..... hope I didn't leave anyone out.

I have a few questions concerning the CIC stage that I'm hoping you gurus can help me with:

- My wife has lost her birth certificate, what can we submit in place of this ... affidavits, etc. I was wondering if anybody had to deal with this situation. We are obviously not americans, so I was wondering if something sworn here will suffice or if we have to obtain a document from our place of birth.

- I have a family of 4, the required funds for a family of this size is CAD$19,700 (about US$15,000) today. I was however dumb enough to fill in US$25,000 as my available funds in the copy of federal form that I submitted for the PNP application. 2 questions:
(1) Can I alter the original form that I submit for the CIC to reflect what is needed for my family size e.g. $16,000?
(2) I really don't have this funds, but I plan to pay in some credit card funds available to me into my checking account, get a letter from my bank based on this balance, then pay back my credit card. Anyone else do something similar?, is this advisable?
I also note that they want the proof of funds from a "savings" account, does it matter if it is in a "checking" account?, I don't have a savings account.

Any insight in this regard or related issues will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I can answer some questions.

Even my wife did not have her birth certificates. We are getting an affidavit from her parents saying she does not have Birth certificate. I too don't have so much of cash in bank accounts. However I am using my property valuation in my home country as proof of funds. If they need hard cash (savings/checking etc) proof I will arrange after applying to CIC may be in next couple of months and update them if they ask. As for as checking or savings it doesn't really matter but they might look for the length of those deposits. So filling in using credit cards and taking out after a letter from bank may not be good. Better keep the balance till you get your visa stamped.

May be other can voice their views.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
walkingfunny,

An affidavit is good enough. have her parents get an affidavit.

Fund - i suggest not using checking account balance. You know the nature of checking account is in and out.

Use a savings account statement if you can open one. Close it when you are done.

However the best thing is to have a letter from the bank. tell me your bank or area where you live and I will tell you which bank will issue you a confirmation letter. Confirmation of balance on the bank's letter head is the best but not all banks issue it.

The fact that you put 25K is the best idea. You don't just want to state the minimum requirement.

Using house as proof of fund is tricky. You will need to show the value of the house and an independent opinion that there are no lien (loans) against the house. real estate lawyers give such letters but i simply printed my mortageg statement and net it off my house value. I also included a letter from my bank and also printed a copy of my 401K statement. I showed as much as 90K so even if they refuse my house as a fund, 401K and bank letter will do.

One quick hint - Many banks have a no-fee money-market account. You can open one and get a bank letter ASAP with that. That is what my friend did.

olu

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Leon,

You are right. i re-read the Alberta nomination document and realized I was scared for nothing. they are simply saying that i should send one form that is specifically applicable to PNP applicants to CIC and that they will then use that to fast-track my case by converting it to PNP from FSW.

The time difference may not be critical for me because I am a pre-feb 27 applicant and will get medicals in 2 weeks (if not for proof of fund that delayed me). Plus my file has been transferred to a local office.

FSW or PnP, I have been impressed by Alberta and will surely land in Alberta regardless of which one is approved.

I will just hope they send me medical and landing fee request ASAP.

Hint of the Day - canadian dollars fell against US dollars and CIC (NY office) sent back my friends landing fee due to "overpayment". they asked him to repurchase another draft for a lower amount...lol

So watch out for the exchange rate before you buy your draft.

Olu

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
olusolalekan said:
walkingfunny,

However the best thing is to have a letter from the bank. tell me your bank or area where you live and I will tell you which bank will issue you a confirmation letter. Confirmation of balance on the bank's letter head is the best but not all banks issue it.

One quick hint - Many banks have a no-fee money-market account. You can open one and get a bank letter ASAP with that. That is what my friend did.

olu
Many thanks for the pointers.
I live in the Atlanta area (Georgia), I bank with BOA.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
walkingfunny,

Great. BoA has a no-fee CD. Open it and get the branch manager to give you a letter shoing your balance. There is no fee for early withdrawals on this product.

Olu

WalkingFunny said:
olusolalekan said:
walkingfunny,

olu
Many thanks for the pointers.
I live in the Atlanta area (Georgia), I bank with BOA.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

What is the best way to send my application package to AINP? I would like to keep the cost less than $30 and I would like the package to get there in at least 5 days and be able to track or get a signature confirmation. Thanks.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Since this is not the correct thread to answer your query. Kindly look my respond in another thread... Strategic Recuritment stream.... Alberta PNP.
Kindly please limit your future Q in that thread also.
nix1 said:
Guys,

What is the best way to send my application package to AINP? I would like to keep the cost less than $30 and I would like the package to get there in at least 5 days and be able to track or get a signature confirmation. Thanks.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Natraj,
Reg - Birth Certificate, Can we use the birth certificate which is given by Indian Embassy/Consulate?
Thanks
Chow

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
chow said:
Natraj,
Reg - Birth Certificate, Can we use the birth certificate which is given by Indian Embassy/Consulate?
Thanks
Chow
I think so. Last time that is what I did when I applied for FSW. But I am not sure if that would have worked as I withdrew the application before getting AOR. This time I am planing to get originals from my place of birth. In fact just waiting for them to submit my corms to CIC.

Good Luck.

chow

Sep 23, 2008
I really appreciate you if you give me your experience or opinion on my AINP & FSW application situation.
-
I applied for FSW in March and got number in august and it was on hold and not moving.
Because of new changes to FSW process, I started my application with Alberta PNP and hoping to expect my AINP certificate in this week or next week.
When I was sending my AINP application I mentioned the file number of FSW. Now the question is
-- Do I need to withdraw my FSW application?
-- Will CIC consider my FSW number for AINP process?
-- Will it expedite the PR process if it consider my FSW number?
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks
Chow

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another member on this board had the same situation and AINP told him after he got his nomination that they had contacted CIC and asked them to treat his FSW application as a PNP. It should be faster to change FSW to PNP than to withdraw FSW and apply again as PNP.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
DNA, Inge:

Did you guys send in your application to CIC yet? If so, can you guys share what documents are needed and all?

Please share and let us know. Thanks.