+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Express Entry Stream - Family Ties - AAIP - 21311

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Under Family Connection, there is a line which says "Priority may be given to candidates with a verifiable Alberta job offer from a legitimate, established and verifiable business in Alberta.", I was referring to this job offer if it requires an LMIA.
No.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
21311 - Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) is my NOC, is it considered a tech NOC? also, how do I know if the employer is eligible since I will need to look for an employer, but no employer wants to go through LMIA process. Thanks in advance.
Let me share my brother’s experience with you. His NOC was 22221 (User Support Technician) which is eligible for Accelerated Tech Pathway. As he didn’t t have a job offer, he just entered the general EE pool with the hope that he will receive NOI under family connection. Take note two factors were in play here - family connection and NOC in demand
He got NOI on August 24,
Applied September 22,
Got nomination October 6. It took just 2 weeks - I want to believe they treated his application like Acc Tech Pathway.

A point of correction: you don’t need LMIA for Accelerated Pathway - a job offer from eligible Alberta employer is all you need.

How long have you been in the EE pool? With a sibling and Tech NOC, you have a high chance of NOI in 2024.

Reactions: aspirant256

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Let me share my brother’s experience with you. His NOC was 22221 (User Support Technician) which is eligible for Accelerated Tech Pathway. As he didn’t t have a job offer, he just entered the general EE pool with the hope that he will receive NOI under family connection. Take note two factors were in play here - family connection and NOC in demand
He got NOI on August 24,
Applied September 22,
Got nomination October 6. It took just 2 weeks - I want to believe they treated his application like Acc Tech Pathway.

A point of correction: you don’t need LMIA for Accelerated Pathway - a job offer from eligible Alberta employer is all you need.

How long have you been in the EE pool? With a sibling and Tech NOC, you have a high chance of NOI in 2024.
Thanks for sharing your valuable experience. I just got to know about family connection priority, I wasn't aware. I have siblings in Calgary who are citizens. What was the CRS of your brother? I have yet to take my IELTS. Are you sure the job offer does not require LMIA even under the tech pathway? I have an employer willing to offer a job but will not go through the LMIA process.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for sharing your valuable experience. I just got to know about family connection priority, I wasn't aware. I have siblings in Calgary who are citizens. What was the CRS of your brother? I have yet to take my IELTS. Are you sure the job offer does not require LMIA even under the tech pathway? I have an employer willing to offer a job but will not go through the LMIA process.
Thoroughly read the information on tech pathway. For AAIP, you need a minimum of 300 points to be eligible.
In addition, to be eligible for Acc Tech, you need only a job offer by an Alberta employer (NO LMIA).
https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-eligibility

If you meet the ATP requirements fill out this form so you can be invited to apply
https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-accelerated-tech-pathway-form

You have some factors playing in your favour
- you are in a tech profession which is in demand
- you have a job offer
- you have family connection

You have two options:
1. Stay in the EE pool and hope Alberta to select and send you NOI ( notification of interest) based on family connection and in demand occupation
or
2. Fill out the ATP form for Alberta to send you NOI. Make sure your employer falls within Eligible North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes
https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-tech-pathway-naics-codes-list.pdf

You need to do IELTS and get ECA if not Canadian education. My advise is to thoroughly research the process

Last edited:

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Thoroughly read the information on tech pathway. For AAIP, you need a minimum of 300 points to be eligible.
In addition, to be eligible for Acc Tech, you need only a job offer by an Alberta employer (NO LMIA).
https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-eligibility

If you meet the ATP requirements fill out this form so you can be invited to apply
https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-accelerated-tech-pathway-form

You have some factors playing in your favour
- you are in a tech profession which is in demand
- you have a job offer
- you have family connection

You have two options:
1. Stay in the EE pool and hope Alberta to select and send you NOI ( notification of interest) based on family connection and in demand occupation
or
2. Fill out the ATP form for Alberta to send you NOI. Make sure your employer falls within Eligible North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes
https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-tech-pathway-naics-codes-list.pdf

You need to do IELTS and get ECA if not Canadian education. My advise is to thoroughly research the process
Thank you very much for the guidance, I appreciate it. Would it be a problem if I am currently unemployed?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thank you very much for the guidance, I appreciate it. Would it be a problem if I am currently unemployed?
If you going family connection route, it doesn’t matter if you are currently employed so far as you have at least one year experience in the past 10 years. It also doesn’t matter if you are going tech route but you need a job offer from an eligible Alberta employer.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
If you going family connection route, it doesn’t matter if you are currently employed so far as you have at least one year experience in the past 10 years. It also doesn’t matter if you are going tech route but you need a job offer from an eligible Alberta employer.
Thank you so much, that's a relief to know. How do we verify that the employer is eligible? I saw the list https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-tech-pathway-naics-codes-list.pdf but I don't understand what it means, seems like its just classification for employers, but how we as candidates would know if they are an eligible employer?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thank you so much, that's a relief to know. How do we verify that the employer is eligible? I saw the list https://www.alberta.ca/system/files/custom_downloaded_images/lbr-aaip-tech-pathway-naics-codes-list.pdf but I don't understand what it means, seems like its just classification for employers, but how we as candidates would know if they are an eligible employer?
Ask your employer, they should fall within the specified industries as indicated on the link.

Eg, If you are a computer engineer and you work for a bank or a school you are not eligible.

What does your company do?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Ask your employer, they should fall within the specified industries as indicated on the link.

Eg, If you are a computer engineer and you work for a bank or a school you are not eligible.

What does your company do?
I haven't got the job offer yet, but working on it. So it needs to be a relevant inddustry and would be fine.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I haven't got the job offer yet, but working on it. So it needs to be a relevant inddustry and would be fine.
Why not enter the EE pool and wait for NOI from Alberta based on your NOC and family connection while also working on the job offer?
Your selection will be based on your previous experience - and it doesn’t matter the industry you worked in (unlike the tech pathway).