Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Ethically speaking, yes, you should stay in the province you were nominated. Is the whole purpose of this.

LEGALLY speaking, you CAN do it. You have the right to live wherever you want. All you sign is an intention to live in x province. Intentions change in life, and there is no way legally speaking that the government can prove that your intentions never were to live in that province. When you apply for your nomination you have the "intention", but things change over the years.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
Phil89 said:
That is just your opinion and has nothing to do with the reality.
I did state an opinion about ethics but I also stated facts. Facts are the if CIC has any reason to think you misrepresented yourself during your application then they can take away PR. So if a person moves away immediately after getting PR for no real reason when they got PR with a PNP that clearly stipulates that you must intend to settle in that province then that could give them reason to think you never really intended to stay in the province that you were nominated in.

I don't think CIC has really enforced this by doing follow ups on PNP nominees but they could decide to as I think it is becoming more clear that many people get nominations from provinces without really intending to stay in that province.

By the way even Citizenship can be revoked in some cases of misrepresentation. See this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/acquisition/revocation.asp

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Mbgirlfriend said:
I did state an opinion about ethics but I also stated facts. Facts are the if CIC has any reason to think you misrepresented yourself during your application then they can take away PR. So if a person moves away immediately after getting PR for no real reason when they got PR with a PNP that clearly stipulates that you must intend to settle in that province then that could give them reason to think you never really intended to stay in the province that you were nominated in.

I don't think CIC has really enforced this by doing follow ups on PNP nominees but they could decide to as I think it is becoming more clear that many people get nominations from provinces without really intending to stay in that province.

By the way even Citizenship can be revoked in some cases of misrepresentation. See this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/acquisition/revocation.asp
This is NOT the kind of misrepresentation when CIC could revoke your PR.

Here is a section from Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

Under the heading "Mobility Rights," the section reads,

“ 6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
Phil89 said:
This is NOT the kind of misrepresentation when CIC could revoke your PR.

Here is a section from Charter of Rights and Freedoms:

Under the heading "Mobility Rights," the section reads,

“ 6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
Did you even read the link I provided. I never said you couldn't move. I did say that you can have your PR or Citizenship (in some cases) revoked for misrepresentation. You have the right to move but they also have the right to revoke for false representation.

It gives examples of some extreme cases of false representation on the site but the fact that they don't mention every way a person can misrepresent themselves does not mean that those reasons are exempt from loosing PR or Citizenship. They simply could not have mentioned all the ways a person can make false representation. Not sure how you can decide what" kind" of false representation they can revoke on. Basically if they can prove that you lied and that that lie lead to you getting PR where as the truth would have meant you would have been denied PR then they have grounds to revoke. It clearly states ..........

Section 10 of the Citizenship Act says that citizenship may be revoked if a person obtains citizenship through:

false representation;
fraud; or
knowingly concealing material circumstances.
The Citizenship Act also states that if a person acquired permanent resident status through false representation, and subsequently Canadian citizenship, then he or she obtained citizenship unlawfully.

I know that it is even stated on my boyfriends PNP certificate that by applying with PNP certificate that he intends to settle in Manitoba. That is sent into CIC and will be the main reason for gaining PR.

Basically by applying with PNP there is a stipulation to your approval for PR maybe not as clear as the one that makes married couples stay together for 2 years after being sponsored by a spouse but its still there. You have sent in documentation (your PNP certificate) that has a stipulation on it. It is part of your application therefore should be taken seriously.

By definition of the charter a person with PR should have the right to move to another province without their spouse even if that means causing a breakdown in the relationship. However a person who has gained PR through spousal sponsorship in some situations must live with that spouse for 2 years. So that would mean that even if they have the right to move or end the relationship (nobody will stop them) by exercising that right CIC also has the right to revoke PR. Even if a person were to have real reasons to leave their spouse( unless it reasons of abuse) they must stay with them for 2 years or risk having PR revoked.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Mbgirlfriend said:
Did you even read the link I provided. I never said you couldn't move. I did say that you can have your PR or Citizenship (in some cases) revoked for misrepresentation. You have the right to move but they also have the right to revoke for false representation.

It gives examples of some extreme cases of false representation on the site but the fact that they don't mention every way a person can misrepresent themselves does not mean that those reasons are exempt from loosing PR or Citizenship. They simply could not have mentioned all the ways a person can make false representation. Not sure how you can decide what" kind" of false representation they can revoke on. Basically if they can prove that you lied and that that lie lead to you getting PR where as the truth would have meant you would have been denied PR then they have grounds to revoke. It clearly states ..........

Section 10 of the Citizenship Act says that citizenship may be revoked if a person obtains citizenship through:

false representation;
fraud; or
The Citizenship Act also states that if a person acquired permanent resident status through false representation, and subsequently Canadian citizenship, then he or she obtained citizenship unlawfully.

I know that it is even stated on my boyfriends PNP certificate that by applying with PNP certificate that he intends to settle in Manitoba. That is sent into CIC and will be the main reason for gaining PR.

Basically by applying with PNP there is a stipulation to your approval for PR maybe not as clear as the one that makes married couples stay together for 2 years after being sponsored by a spouse but its still there. You have sent in documentation (your PNP certificate) that has a stipulation on it. It is part of your application therefore should be taken seriously.

By definition of the charter a person with PR should have the right to move to another province without their spouse even if that means causing a breakdown in the relationship. However a person who has gained PR through spousal sponsorship in some situations must live with that spouse for 2 years. So that would mean that even if they have the right to move or end the relationship (nobody will stop them) by exercising that right CIC also has the right to revoke PR. Even if a person were to have real reasons to leave their spouse( unless it reasons of abuse) they must stay with them for 2 years or risk having PR revoked.
You are writing too much of irrelevant information (probably too much of free time) not related to the initial question. One can move to any other province in Canada and no one is going to revoke PR just because of this.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would get an email from AINP after a year or two to fill out questionnaire.

If you move to other provinces, you will have to give an explanation there.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Mbgirlfriend said:

false representation;
fraud; or

I appreciate your thoughtful explanation. So what you're saying is that I can move if I want but you wouldn't do that if you were me because they have the right to revoke my pr IF they find my moving after getting pr and that right is applicable to anyone who does move out of their nominated province. Did I understand you correctly?
If you don't mind my asking, what if I decided to go to school that happened to be in another province? Would this justify any conflict that may happens regarding this issue?

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
scorpion_ca said:

Thanks. That's one of the things I did not know yet. All I wanted from here was simply to know how it would be like to move out of AB once I get pr - whether it is as simple as people say like some people here or it is not really like that but to follow the rules as I signed until to be safe as getting a Canadian passport later.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
scorpion_ca said:

I have also got this after one year to fill it up online.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
movinouter said:
I appreciate your thoughtful explanation. So what you're saying is that I can move if I want but you wouldn't do that if you were me because they have the right to revoke my pr IF they find my moving after getting pr and that right is applicable to anyone who does move out of their nominated province. Did I understand you correctly?
If you don't mind my asking, what if I decided to go to school that happened to be in another province? Would this justify any conflict that may happens regarding this issue?
I think if it was a school that offered a program not offered in your province or that it was a school known for having an exceptional program or more affordable then you could explain that for your reason to move. The key is not to do it too soon after you get PR and not to give them reason to think that your intent the whole time was to get the PNP from one province to get PR and then move. The key word is INTENT. They can't fault you for your life taking a different direction than what you planed but they can fault you for lying about your intent if this was your plan before you applied.

I would always say to error on the side of safety. Wait about a year before you make any move that way it won't look like it was your plan right from the start. Also, try to find a reason to move, something offered in that province not offered where you are now.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Mbgirlfriend said:
I think if it was a school that offered a program not offered in your province or that it was a school known for having an exceptional program or more affordable then you could explain that for your reason to move. The key is not to do it too soon after you get PR and not to give them reason to think that your intent the whole time was to get the PNP from one province to get PR and then move. The key word is INTENT. They can't fault you for your life taking a different direction than what you planed but they can fault you for lying about your intent if this was your plan before you applied.

I would always say to error on the side of safety. Wait about a year before you make any move that way it won't look like it was your plan right from the start. Also, try to find a reason to move, something offered in that province not offered where you are now.
Thanks, Mbgirlfriend. I really appreciate your sincere effort to be honest and helpful here.
The reason I posted this question was because I sort of doubted myself if this was really okay but I guess it is not.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
ttrajan said:
I have also got this after one year to fill it up online.
Thanks ttajan. I did not know this yet. I guess there is no need to make up explanation unnecessarily.

LRC206

Star Member
May 13, 2013
I HV heard about people not even landed in nominated province and residing in another have no problems or asking at all.
People plans can change in so much lengthy CIC PR process. Its normal and almost with everybody.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Sorry that I haven't checked for so long. So they said it is OK to move to another province if I want to after getting pr?