Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
I will wait for coming two days...may be get it this time..

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
I received File number Yesterday (24 March 2009) and the last 3 digits of my file number is 940.

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
Mine old process with pre-assessment

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Re: AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15***(OLD PROCESS)**

bubbly2009 said:
I received File number Yesterday (24 March 2009) and the last 3 digits of my file number is 940.
Congratulations!

F

feras80

Re: AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15***(OLD PROCESS)**

exactly. and they really don't want to loose us, because a guy with GC or Citizenship can easily find a job without the need of a consultant services. Only H1B holders make money for them.

Good luck

divagirl said:
nomad_musafir said:
feras80 said:
did they ask your employer? that gonna be a bad practice from them since they know that H1b sponsors make money from us.
i hope they wont ask my employer otherwise i will be fired for sure :D
good luck guys
If your employer is "illegally" making money out of you, you ought to fire your employer :)
There is nothing illegal. Our employers charge from our clients $x and pay us $y, with the balance retained by them for their costs. Normal process. Otherwise how can they sustain?

A

Albertagoverner

feras80 said:
exactly. and they really don't want to loose us, because a guy with GC or Citizenship can easily find a job without the need of a consultant services. Only H1B holders make money for them.

Good luck

divagirl said:
nomad_musafir said:
feras80 said:
did they ask your employer? that gonna be a bad practice from them since they know that H1b sponsors make money from us.
good luck guys
If your employer is "illegally" making money out of you, you ought to fire your employer :)
There is nothing illegal. Our employers charge from our clients $x and pay us $y, with the balance retained by them for their costs. Normal process. Otherwise how can they sustain?
The terms people use in regular conversation about immigration are terrible. The fundamental problem in this immigration system is that the frame of Visa and inside another frame of status which makes a immigrant "out of status" in this country regardless of his innocense. They should rather have a system which is duration and class specific rather than Employer specific. I ideal system once you have a work visa for 3 years then within those 3 years you should be free to work for anybody as per your qualification instead of one reddy to another reddy.

The USCIS should learn from British immigration System where if you have HSMP visa (Work visa) you can stay in Country, find the job, switch the job without any hindrance just pay the taxes within the HSMP duration. If USCIS can implement this idea 90% abusive practices will stop in H1B Visa Program. If we look closely so the reason for all abuses, malpractices and mis-filings is "Not providing rights to Alien to change employer according to his/her choice within that H1B duration" Therefore lakireddi-balireddi type abusive cases comes into picture. I sent this suggestion at www.barackobama.com last week let's see what happens this year.

chow

Sep 23, 2008

Albertagoverner said:
feras80 said:

Good luck

divagirl said:
nomad_musafir said:
feras80 said:
good luck guys
The terms people use in regular conversation about immigration are terrible. The fundamental problem in this immigration system is that the frame of Visa and inside another frame of status which makes a immigrant "out of status" in this country regardless of his innocense. They should rather have a system which is duration and class specific rather than Employer specific. I ideal system once you have a work visa for 3 years then within those 3 years you should be free to work for anybody as per your qualification instead of one reddy to another reddy.

The USCIS should learn from British immigration System where if you have HSMP visa (Work visa) you can stay in Country, find the job, switch the job without any hindrance just pay the taxes within the HSMP duration. If USCIS can implement this idea 90% abusive practices will stop in H1B Visa Program. If we look closely so the reason for all abuses, malpractices and mis-filings is "Not providing rights to Alien to change employer according to his/her choice within that H1B duration" Therefore lakireddi-balireddi type abusive cases comes into picture. I sent this suggestion at www.barackobama.com last week let's see what happens this year.
If this is the case then the USCIS will not get money from H1 holders or employers. I can't count how many of H1 transfer file in a month and how much money USCIS makes money on this.

I also noticed some other thing in USCIS system, they approve your H1 and ask you to go to your home country. So that they get the full H1B transfer fee and after that for some reason they reject their visas at home country.

C

cchabert

I also noticed some other thing in USCIS system, they approve your H1 and ask you to go to your home country. So that they get the full H1B transfer fee and after that for some reason they reject their visas at home country.
This is why I don;t either trust the VAR thing of crossing the border with no H1B stamp on your passport, you may never come back.

A

Albertagoverner

chow said:
Albertagoverner said:
feras80 said:

Good luck

divagirl said:
nomad_musafir said:
feras80 said:
good luck guys

If this is the case then the USCIS will not get money from H1 holders or employers. I can't count how many of H1 transfer file in a month and how much money USCIS makes money on this.

They can still impose fee even in starting while they approve your work visa a one time fees of 3000-4000 dollars can be charged from Employer or applicant. But goal is not to charge the fees but to fix the system, stop the malpractices and let these bright, educated, young professionals earn what they deserve. Let's take a lesson from Canadian PR system while they give you PR Visa they charge you RPRF "Rights of PR fees" right? because they know that once you are in canada they have to take care of other things whether it is Social Insurannce or Health care. Same thing USCIS should do in terms of work visa.

C

cchabert

8 Years in USA with H1B and no benefits, no health insurance or retirement account, I can't afford to be sick. >:-/

chow

Sep 23, 2008
cchabert said:
8 Years in USA with H1B and no benefits, no health insurance or retirement account, I can't afford to be sick. >:-/
I realized it last year(my 2nd year on H1) and started applying for Canada PR. If there were no changes for the FSW I might be enjoying in Canada. But still hanging myself here..............

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009

chow said:
I realized it last year(my 2nd year on H1) and started applying for Canada PR. If there were no changes for the FSW I might be enjoying in Canada. But still hanging myself here..............
Sorry for the ignorance, but what was the change?

chow

Sep 23, 2008

divagirl said:
chow said:
new 38 occupations list.

A

Albertagoverner

chow said:
divagirl said:
chow said:
new 38 occupations list.
Oh yeah.. That was extremely disappointing. And one thing which really frustrates me that Minister Jason Kenney declared list of 38 occupations in Nov 2008 then why he enforced the law, retrospectively, from february 2008? Mostly people got their application return because of this stupid enforcement of law. They should have enforced that law from the date when they declared.