+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

Thanks ...and I think, I will also send all the education and experience letters of my wife ...no harm in that.
Appreciate your quick responses and helping others. We really need you kind of people in this forum.

divagirl said:
wasi2000 said:
I would appreciate, if anyone can give me quick response on the following queries.

1. Has anybody sent his wife's experience certificates also? (How about, if I do not send...I do not think this is mandatory)
Not mandatory, but i had sent it. If it could increase your points at CIC, whats the harm? Again, it's your wish.
2. Has anybody sent Birth Certificates of all applicants also? Acually my mother name is wrong on my passport but correct on the birth certificate...please suggest!!
Are birth certificates required when sending to AINP? I think they are required at CIC stage. I dont remember sending birth certificates to AINP.
3. How to get the transalation done on the education certificates....what is the procedure....and where to get it done.
No idea. Maybe somebody else can help.

Thanks,
Wasi2000

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

wasi2000 said:
Just going through the albertacanada.com website and found the folowing link...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp

According to this ....we need to pass the language testing also at the time of filing CIC documents...which I think is IELTS....am I right?
wasi2000, I don't think we have to take IELTS because of H1B Visa Stream.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Hi Guys,

Can anyone guide us in this forum about the next steps to be followed after sending the application to AINP, Alberta as this is going to take 2 months to get some kind of response from them.

I know from this site forum that we have to get PCC, FBI, medical clearence done going forward. I would need your advice as when & what to initiate next so that there is not much delay from our side. Hope you got my point here... Few of the sites say PCC & FBI clearence takes about 3-4 weeks.

Your inputs are very much appreciated so that eveyone will plan accordingly & move forward. Thanks

Kale.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
FBI Clearance is roughly 3 weeks. PCC will depend on which country. I suggest you should have your clearances 2-3 weeks prior to the approximate nomination date. CIC wants clearance to be 3 month at most when you submit it. Start collecting documents like Marriage Certificates, Birth Certificates, etc. and have them notarized before you submit it. Also, you would also need Bank Certificates so I guess just know how long does it take from you bank.

email2kale said:
Hi Guys,

Can anyone guide us in this forum about the next steps to be followed after sending the application to AINP, Alberta as this is going to take 2 months to get some kind of response from them.

I know from this site forum that we have to get PCC, FBI, medical clearence done going forward. I would need your advice as when & what to initiate next so that there is not much delay from our side. Hope you got my point here... Few of the sites say PCC & FBI clearence takes about 3-4 weeks.

Your inputs are very much appreciated so that eveyone will plan accordingly & move forward. Thanks

Kale.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for your response on my earlier query.

I am going through almost all the threads related to the canada immigration.

What i found is the PCC is valid for 3 months. I would say, if around 2 months passed when you applied to AINP then you should start the process of PCC & FBI, since these reports are valid for 3 months. Sitting today, if you get your reports end of march then you still have total of 4 months to use those reports. So, I would go ahead and start the process of getting reports. In case of any problem in the papers or -ve decision from AINP (Which I don't wish) then there is a loss of 100$ only but if you get the Nomination then you are all set to send the papers immediately...just my thought and approach I will take.

email2kale said:
Hi Guys,

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
bb0310 said:
FBI Clearance is roughly 3 weeks. PCC will depend on which country. I suggest you should have your clearances 2-3 weeks prior to the approximate nomination date. CIC wants clearance to be 3 month at most when you submit it. Start collecting documents like Marriage Certificates, Birth Certificates, etc. and have them notarized before you submit it. Also, you would also need Bank Certificates so I guess just know how long does it take from you bank.

email2kale said:
Hi Guys,

Kale.
Thanks for the info bb0310 & wasi2000. I will start collecting all the required documents & get them notarized well before as you said.

I have submitted by application by post on 05-Feb-2009, so I anticipate to get some kind of decision by April end or May first week around. And about 40-50 days there after to get AINP nomination ie June/July 2009 please correct me if I'm wrong here.... So, my plan should be - apply for PCC & FBI clearence around end of April 2009, am I right? so that I hope to receive them by May end or June 2009.

Thanks,
Kale.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
wasi2000 said:

What i found is the PCC is valid for 3 months. I would say, if around 2 months passed when you applied to AINP then you should start the process of PCC & FBI, since these reports are valid for 3 months. Sitting today, if you get your reports end of march then you still have total of 4 months to use those reports. So, I would go ahead and start the process of getting reports. In case of any problem in the papers or -ve decision from AINP (Which I don't wish) then there is a loss of 100$ only but if you get the Nomination then you are all set to send the papers immediately...just my thought and approach I will take.

email2kale said:
Hi Guys,

wasi2000,

I think its too early to apply for reports now having posted my application on 5th Feb 2009.. I think we will have to wait in 2 stages after applying.... 1) YES or NO decision -2 months and 2) Getting AINP Nomination - 40/50days from the day of decision.

It would have been good if validity of reports were for 6months... that way I may have it done tommorrow itself.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
If I am not wrong then there are only 2 stages with the new process

Stage 1: Nomination
Stage 2: Send papers to CIC

Please correct me, if I am wrong. Since, I read somewhere on alberatacanada.com that one can get PR within 5 months with this new process in ideal cases.

Have a look on the following link

All above that I think, your timelines for getting pcc and fbi looks realistic and makes sense for me too.

email2kale said:
wasi2000 said:

email2kale said:
Hi Guys,

wasi2000,

I think its too early to apply for reports now having posted my application on 5th Feb 2009.. I think we will have to wait in 2 stages after applying.... 1) YES or NO decision -2 months and 2) Getting AINP Nomination - 40/50days from the day of decision.

It would have been good if validity of reports were for 6months... that way I may have it done tommorrow itself.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
wasi2000 said:
If I am not wrong then there are only 2 stages with the new process

Please correct me, if I am wrong. Since, I read somewhere on alberatacanada.com that one can get PR within 5 months with this new process in ideal cases.

Have a look on the following link

All above that I think, your timelines for getting pcc and fbi looks realistic and makes sense for me too.

email2kale said:
wasi2000 said:

email2kale said:
Hi Guys,

wasi2000,

What you said is correct for NEW process i.e.,

But, for Stage 1 I think it take almost 2months+50days to complete. And its very hard to say within 5 months for complete PR process. Well, if this happens within 5 month then good for us.

Following url says it takes uptop 5 months to get AINP nomination. But with this process I think may take 4 months instead of 5 months for just the stage 1.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/processingtimes.html

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
wasi2000 said:
What do I need to write for the CURRENT STATUS column in USA...

H1B or Immigrant Worker?
"On H1B Visa" should be ok.

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011

akk said:
In this case "decision" means nomination..... the applicant must hold a H1B at the time of nomination....
For CIC it does not matter, and actually many of us will leave US (and H1B status) in the middle of CIC process..I know I will....

Akk

wasi2000 said:
When we say "Decision" ..What exactly is the stage.
Is nomination a Decision?
or
When CIC send you the final invitation asking you to complete the PR formalities?

I am confused, I think, when you got the Nomination ...is the decision...and then they will ask you to send the other documents to CIC....here they complete other formalities like Medical and PCC. As far as H1B visa concerned ...they check this at the first stage. Just my thought. Not yet confirmed from Canada Immigration. But, in the current market scenario, it is very important to know.

akk said:
But it was always like this.....last year I thought was was gonna get lay off and I called Alberta if I could leave the country without nomination and they said I must apply to Buffalo for CIC, after the nomination, sooooo I had to be in US...

Akk

ingegarcia said:
Thanks black haired guy!!!
OMG!!! seems to be that the news are not good for new Applicants :(

black haired guy said:
I guess I spoke to soon LOL. It is official.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

"You must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application"

akk

Sep 2, 2008

cuterash,

Do you have your nomination already? If yes, just apply for CIC, and then you can leave the country (don't forget to tell alberta and cic your new address). CIC will continue your PR even though you leave the country...

If you haven't receive nomination you must find a way to have a valid H1B at the time you receive nomination, so if you get fired find another employer asap.

I already received my nomination and I already applied for cic a month ago..

Akk

cuterash said:
Akk , I am also on the verge of layoff and sent application for nomination on Jan 29th 2009 .please let us know if you find some info. on if you leave the country after getting nominated ...can you still continue the process

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
Hello Friends,

I have applied under old style i.e sending email with scanned documents and then recieving invitation letter and then apply for Nomination
I have filled AINP 003 FORM and alberta recieved it on Feb 6th 2009

I want to know whether the new rule applys to me or not

Following is the new rule from there website

To determine whether a Candidate's occupation is under pressure in Alberta, a Candidate should first reference the National Occupational Classification (NOC) website to determine the four digit NOC code that best matches their current job description. The Candidate should then consult the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category to find out if their four digit NOC code is on the list.

Thanks in advance

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
cuterash said:
Hello Friends,

I have applied under old style i.e sending email with scanned documents and then recieving invitation letter and then apply for Nomination
I have filled AINP 003 FORM and alberta recieved it on Feb 6th 2009

I want to know whether the new rule applys to me or not

Following is the new rule from there website

To determine whether a Candidate's occupation is under pressure in Alberta, a Candidate should first reference the National Occupational Classification (NOC) website to determine the four digit NOC code that best matches their current job description. The Candidate should then consult the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category to find out if their four digit NOC code is on the list.

Thanks in advance
When did you initiate this process?