+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After PR interview with a VV. outland Dominican Republic (mexico)

Zers84

Feb 29, 2016
Application sent Dec 14th 2014. Approved March 2015. Interviewed Feb 2016

Situation: My husband passed his interview Feb 18th 2016 in the Dominican Republic and got granted PR. But because medical and police check were expired ( took 14 months to get interview) they told him we will send you email to request Medical + Police. Received email but it's not requesting passport (more waiting). My husband has a valid Visitor Visa, so we wanted to finish application in Canada. Get the medical done in canada and send it to Mexico. Now CIC told me that once passport is requested that we cant send passport from Canada to Mexico. That if we want to do that we need to get mexico to transfer file to Ottawa. Has anyone ever been in this situation ? What scares me is that transfering to Ottawa will delay by a lot the whole process. Has nyone ever sent passport from Canada to Mexico. Any input?

Thanks in advance!!

-Enz :-\

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would not have them transfer the file from Mexico to Ottawa. It would probably result in a lengthy delay. Either wait until the passport request in Mexico, or before the passport request he could visit Canada on his temporary visa. Once he gets the passport request, he could go back to Mexico and submit the passport there.

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
Zers84 said:
Application sent Dec 14th 2014. Approved March 2015. Interviewed Feb 2016

Situation: My husband passed his interview Feb 18th 2016 in the Dominican Republic and got granted PR. But because medical and police check were expired ( took 14 months to get interview) they told him we will send you email to request Medical + Police. Received email but it's not requesting passport (more waiting). My husband has a valid Visitor Visa, so we wanted to finish application in Canada. Get the medical done in canada and send it to Mexico. Now CIC told me that once passport is requested that we cant send passport from Canada to Mexico. That if we want to do that we need to get mexico to transfer file to Ottawa. Has anyone ever been in this situation ? What scares me is that transfering to Ottawa will delay by a lot the whole process. Has nyone ever sent passport from Canada to Mexico. Any input?

Thanks in advance!!

-Enz :-\
I am sure once you submit the medical and record check, they will request the passport!

Zers84

Feb 29, 2016
Mrschino said:
I am sure once you submit the medical and record check, they will request the passport!
I really hope so, been waiting 14
Months going on 15 .... I just want all this to be over with.

Zers84

Feb 29, 2016
canadianwoman said:
I would not have them transfer the file from Mexico to Ottawa. It would probably result in a lengthy delay. Either wait until the passport request in Mexico, or before the passport request he could visit Canada on his temporary visa. Once he gets the passport request, he could go back to Mexico and submit the passport there.
Ya I'm thinking the best thing to do is wait it out. Or instead of transferring to Ottawa, once they request passport we can send it from Canada and once received with PR drive to us border for flag pollin. I don't know I feel like I have no more patience to
Wait ....

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
Zers84 said:
Ya I'm thinking the best thing to do is wait it out. Or instead of transferring to Ottawa, once they request passport we can send it from Canada and once received with PR drive to us border for flag pollin. I don't know I feel like I have no more patience to
Wait ....
You have been throu a lot with this hold process so long, so would recomend just to be
litle patient and wait the outcome of this after you summit what they ask for, and just
lets hope in god that it would not be too long, be patient and faith.

Zers84

Feb 29, 2016
SO I GOT NEWS FROM MEXICO :) I CAN FINISH MEDICAL IN CANADA AND ONCE THEY REQUEST PASSPORT DIRECLTY SEND IT TO THEM. I don't need to transfer anything to Ottawa.

So happy I got answers!

So Hubby will do police check and come back here with his Visitor Visa. We will do Medical here and send all to Mexico and wait for passport Request!

YAY! ;D

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
My wife and I have almost the same situation. I would like to know did you received an e-mail prior to the interview in Santo Domingo and how long before they give your husband the date for the interview? and what questions they asked him...

because my wife in Dominican Republic waiting for the interview date since we receive the e-mail from Mexico saying that they can't give an interview date at this time January 12 2016. We are still waiting...
Thank you!

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
partyblast said:
My wife and I have almost the same situation. I would like to know did you received an e-mail prior to the interview in Santo Domingo and how long before they give your husband the date for the interview? and what questions they asked him...

because my wife in Dominican Republic waiting for the interview date since we receive the e-mail from Mexico saying that they can't give an interview date at this time January 12 2016. We are still waiting...
Thank you!
I have heard they give two or three weeks notice. What is your timeline??

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
partyblast said:

Thank you!

My husband applied in December 2014, and found out in August 2015 that he was getting an interview. Mexico did not contact us until January 2016, and his interview was February.

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
I filed in April 2015, They send me letter to go get medical in june 1015.
Then Mexico asked for police check and pay the RP fees $490 on December 2nd 2015

January 12, 2016 Mexico send a notice that they received the other documents ( police check and the fees)
and they said that they put my wife (Dominican Rep) for interview, but they cannot give me date approx . They wil write me again to tell me the date
and to be patient. ( I would like to know when) for exemple if that can take 2, 3,4 months etc...
So it's been 2 months since we are waiting for an interview date. This is why I would like to know the length
of time between the Letter that mention they put you for interview and how long before they send you the actual date for the interview.
(according to your answer it's been about 5 months to give you the date?)

Also what they ask you to bring for the interview (photo, passport etc...) what kind of questions the may ask the person at the interview.
Thank You

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
partyblast said:
Then Mexico asked for police check and pay the RP fees $490 on December 2nd 2015

January 12, 2016 Mexico send a notice that they received the other documents ( police check and the fees)
and they said that they put my wife (Dominican Rep) for interview, but they cannot give me date approx . They wil write me again to tell me the date
and to be patient. ( I would like to know when) for exemple if that can take 2, 3,4 months etc...
So it's been 2 months since we are waiting for an interview date. This is why I would like to know the length
of time between the Letter that mention they put you for interview and how long before they send you the actual date for the interview.

Also what they ask you to bring for the interview (photo, passport etc...) what kind of questions the may ask the person at the interview.
Thank You
It sounds to me like they inform people of interviews, without giving dates, and then have a ton of interviews within a week, every few months. It seems like they wait until they have a pile of files needing interviews and then they give two or three weeks notice. I have heard that the office in Santo Domingo looks to see if the sponsor attends the interview, regardless if they would even speak with you, but shows that you have a strong relationship and you are supporting the spouse...

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
partyblast said:

Thank You
Had you sent the medical originally when filed or waited for them to ask? I am just curious because I filed last March.

partyblast

Mar 2, 2016
Yes I waited for them to ask, that way they will be
Able to follow the delay. Please tell how long your husband Wait before they confirmed the date for interview.

sb414

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-03-2015
Med's Request
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-2014, 01-03-2016
Interview........
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Since Mexico took over Dominican applicants, they have only had two rounds of interviews, September 2015 and February 2016.

According to my husbands notes, they decided he would need an interview in August. We had emailed Mexico in September and they told us he required an interview but there is no date. We finally were advised in January, that his interview would be February (we had 4 weeks notice)

Unfortunately, if you are waiting for an interview, you probably wont be hearing from them for a few more months since they just held interviews for applicants that were waiting since 2014!