Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3, 2010
meialua said:
Sent a letter to CIO, they will answer you!

At what address did you send the letter? Did they mention the reason why it was rejected?
Would the call center know if your application is rejected?

moksh2k7

Oct 19, 2010
ranoi said:
how did you know you're rejected? when did they receive your application?
My application was received on August 3 and I called CIO asking about the status of my application. They told me they cannot find my name in the system. I also called the bank to find out if my BD was encashed/cleared. The bank said it is still outstanding.
dear

same here my file received by them on 16th july. I checked from the bank they said BD still outstanding.

ranoi

Oct 23, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3, 2010
moksh2k7 said:
dear

same here my file received by them on 16th july. I checked from the bank they said BD still outstanding.
did you call CIO? did they give the reason of rejecting your application?

ranoi

Oct 23, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3, 2010
Hey! I just called CIO and still my application is not yet in their system and asked to call back after 2 weeks. However, I asked if it was rejected/returned, they told me it was not returned because they have a list of returned applications. They said if the BD is still not encashed/cleared, it means the application is not yet opened. That's why they advised me to call back after 2 weeks.

I hope they will open it soooooon!!! ???

M

meialua

ranoi said:
At what address did you send the letter? Did they mention the reason why it was rejected?
Would the call center know if your application is rejected?
The same address you sent the package they will answer for sure. When did you send the file?.

In my case the CIO told me that my file was rejected and the reason.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ranoi, sorry to hear of your "unopened" application. Our friend was given much the same information for his application received at CIO in July. I would encourage you to follow up with CIO as we were told to call back the following day and that is when the Call Centre rep told him they couldn't find it and he had to reapply with a completely new package. There is no way that ANY applications should go missing once they are received, but this does not appear to be an isolated incident. Good Luck.

ranoi

Oct 23, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 3, 2010
Pippin said:
Ranoi, sorry to hear of your "unopened" application. Our friend was given much the same information for his application received at CIO in July. I would encourage you to follow up with CIO as we were told to call back the following day and that is when the Call Centre rep told him they couldn't find it and he had to reapply with a completely new package. There is no way that ANY applications should go missing once they are received, but this does not appear to be an isolated incident. Good Luck.
WHAT??!! what did your friend do? what about the IELTS? they just can't say "oops! we lost it! file another one!".
the call center agent told me to call back in two weeks and if it is still unopened they will send a note to CIO follow up my application.
I really hope they find it or else i will definitely write a complaint letter to the minister!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Well, they DID say OOOPS we lost it and he had to send in a completely new application this week. The Call Centre Rep said he could provide a copy of IELTS with cover letter of explanation in this situation.
The whole thing is absolutely mad. The Rep said they have had a number of lost applications. I admired her for stating this fact and providing the suggestion re copy of IELTS. Just hope that someone else in the system doesn't say NO WAY.
If I were you I would think about getting your papers together as I don't see any alternative. Three and a half months and still not opened/found doesn't inspire me to think the situation will change in the near future.
Keep this thread and the LOST APPLICATIONS one alive so we can keep each other informed. Don't give up!

india135

Nov 13, 2010
hi
i put my file in new rules on 28 Jul.
But today it return back due to photograph.
i had attached 4 photos. but they required 6 photos.
my whole package return back to home after 4 month.

mchowdhury

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
ranoi said:
Hey! I just called CIO and still my application is not yet in their system and asked to call back after 2 weeks. However, I asked if it was rejected/returned, they told me it was not returned because they have a list of returned applications. They said if the BD is still not encashed/cleared, it means the application is not yet opened. That's why they advised me to call back after 2 weeks.

I hope they will open it soooooon!!! ???

I dont understand it -how come they have opened apps of people as late as early Nov & charged CC/BD and is yet to open apps of Aug?? and they claim its a first in first served system!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am starting to think the term "unopened" = "lost". The comment that CIO call centre would send a memo asking about an "unopened" application in two weeks was interesting. If it has been a number of months why do they have to wait another two weeks???

India135...have you returned you application with the additional pictures and cover letter + copy of their letter? Four months to get it back is dreadful. What was the actual postmarked date on the returned pkg?

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application to CIO Sydney with DHL, on 20th September and it was received in CIO on 22nd September. Yesterday we received whole application package from Sydney, with a notice that fee payment was not received and that test result from designated testing agency was not accompanied with my application. They did the whole assessment on 24th September. It means that they did it all in just 2 days.

I payed 1100 CAD in the bank which covers my country. The problem was that lady in the Zagrebacka bank could not find the CIO bank account which is stated in Vienna visa office specific instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37042.pdf , so we payed on the other bank account which is stated in new payment instructions on Vienna visa office internet site http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/assets/pdfs/Cost_Recovery_Feetable-E.pdf , and it was clearly stated that Application for permanent residence can be payed on this other account. That was actually the only bank account which the lady in the bank have seen when she was doing my payment authorization. Since that was the only bank account which they could find in the bank, I thought that is correct. Now, because of Vienna visa office and their two different payment instructions CIO have returned my application. Tell me people what would you do if you see two different accounts and when you come to the bank, they say that they have only one of them that can bee seen in their system? It was clear situation for me, because fee table instructions (from the second link) is issued after Visa office specific instructions (first link).

Regarding the English test, I send my IELTS result so how did they missed it?

What do you people think about this language test note and fee problem? Should I complain to Vienna visa office and CIO or what, since the CAP is reached for my NOC?

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
india135 said:
hi
i put my file in new rules on 28 Jul.
But today it return back due to photograph.
i had attached 4 photos. but they required 6 photos.
my whole package return back to home after 4 month.
Did they return the file in their envelope or the envelopes you provided with you application, and your address was it written in English or your native language.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

echoes1978 said:
I submitted my application to CIO Sydney with DHL, on 20th September and it was received in CIO on 22nd September. Yesterday we received whole application package from Sydney, with a notice that fee payment was not received and that test result from designated testing agency was not accompanied with my application. They did the whole assessment on 24th September. It means that they did it all in just 2 days.

I payed 1100 CAD in the bank which covers my country. The problem was that lady in the Zagrebacka bank could not find the CIO bank account which is stated in Vienna visa office specific instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37042.pdf , so we payed on the other bank account which is stated in new payment instructions on Vienna visa office internet site http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/assets/pdfs/Cost_Recovery_Feetable-E.pdf , and it was clearly stated that Application for permanent residence can be payed on this other account. That was actually the only bank account which the lady in the bank have seen when she was doing my payment authorization. Since that was the only bank account which they could find in the bank, I thought that is correct. Now, because of Vienna visa office and their two different payment instructions CIO have returned my application. Tell me people what would you do if you see two different accounts and when you come to the bank, they say that they have only one of them that can bee seen in their system? It was clear situation for me, because fee table instructions (from the second link) is issued after Visa office specific instructions (first link).

Regarding the English test, I send my IELTS result so how did they missed it?

What do you people think about this language test note and fee problem? Should I complain to Vienna visa office and CIO or what, since the CAP is reached for my NOC?
Well you made the mistake, you should re-read the instructions for paying the CIO.

"a federal skilled worker

pay the processing fees to the CIO in Canadian funds. Fees are payable by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or to the "Receiver General for Canada" by:•certified cheque, •bank draft, or •money order.Do not enclose cash.Note: Refer to the Payment Instructions in this section for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee "

It is only the RPRF that can be paid through the Bank. For CIO Sydney, Credit Card, Certified cheque, bank draft or money order. Was your original IELTS result returned? Was it less than a year old?

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I know, but the lady in the bank told me that there was no such account, but she found another one from cost recovery fee table.

IELTS is returned with my application and now, it is 3 months old.