VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi,
Im from the Philippines and an agency was advertising to study in Canada with no IELTs and no show money, which started April 28,2018. Can’t find it anywhere online that says that. Anyone here heard of that. Not sure if it is for a specific shool or coursea. Not sure at all. I would appreciate it if someone can help me.
Scam

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I chose that because I'd like to become an elementary teacher, do you have any suggestions to a degree which would be better in the long run? I'm genuinely curious if there is better out there?
In order to become a teacher in Canada you have to do 2 years of teacher's college. I'm not sure if you still need 2 teachable subjects based on your undergrad but early childhood ed is really geared to daycare aged kids. If you really want a job in Canada as a teacher study French. French speaking teachers in very high demand. Most teachers study subjects that are not related to education. It is very competitive to get into teacher's college so make sure you have a plan b.

hellothereme

Mar 24, 2018
In order to become a teacher in Canada you have to do 2 years of teacher's college. I'm not sure if you still need 2 teachable subjects based on your undergrad but early childhood ed is really geared to daycare aged kids. If you really want a job in Canada as a teacher study French. French speaking teachers in very high demand. Most teachers study subjects that are not related to education. It is very competitive to get into teacher's college so make sure you have a plan b.
so the early childhood studies isn't enough? I'd need to go on to study in education specifically? Ahh.. okay now I'm a little confused this isn't as straightforward anymore lol. I would love to just be teaching either kindergarten - elementary..

Kemmyann

Apr 2, 2018
Hi my sister has a degree in social studies Education and wants to do masters in Education in Canada but the challenge is getting the school in a non expensive area and able to get a job as well.she has Second class Lower,she also has 2-3 teaching experience in primary and secondary school.
She applied to university of Saskatchewan for May 2019 for educational foundation but was rejected and advised to apply for curriculum STUDIES.
Pls kindly advise which schools to apply.
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so the early childhood studies isn't enough? I'd need to go on to study in education specifically? Ahh.. okay now I'm a little confused this isn't as straightforward anymore lol. I would love to just be teaching either kindergarten - elementary..
You would need to go to teacher's college which is a masters degree in Canada.

riverphoenix

May 17, 2018
I chose that because I'd like to become an elementary teacher, do you have any suggestions to a degree which would be better in the long run? I'm genuinely curious if there is better out there?
Hi, I'm currently a teacher here in Canada, I have both an ECE degree (one from my Bachelor's in the Philippines) which satisfies my ECE certificate here in BC and Elementary teaching credential that i acquired from the US. Depending on the province you will need to apply to their Teacher Regulation Board and submit a lot of requirements. It took me 6 months to complete it all and receive my certificate. They recognized my studies from the US but for ECE from the Philippines they only gave me ECE-Assistant but im still able to work as an ECE. If you have an elementary school degree from the Philippines I would take a look at Teacher Refresher Programs. They offer these in different provinces so just do some research for it and look into the Teacher Regulation Board requirements as well so you know what you need. Best of luck and hope this helps.

Kemmyann

Apr 2, 2018
Hi my sister has a bachelor degree in social studies Education and wants to do masters in Education in Canada but the challenge is getting the school in a non expensive area and able to get a pgwp and PR as well in future.
she has Second class Lower of CGPA 2.66.she also has 3years early childhood work experience.
She applied to university of Saskatchewan for May 2018 for educational foundation but was rejected and advised to apply for curriculum STUDIES.
She wants to apply for a 2yr course in early childhood education course either diploma or certificate in college but worried about study permitt been refused since she already has a degree and needed to know the best way forward.
Pls advise.
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi my sister has a bachelor degree in social studies Education and wants to do masters in Education in Canada but the challenge is getting the school in a non expensive area and able to get a pgwp and PR as well in future.
she has Second class Lower of CGPA 2.66.she also has 3years early childhood work experience.
She applied to university of Saskatchewan for May 2018 for educational foundation but was rejected and advised to apply for curriculum STUDIES.
She wants to apply for a 2yr course in early childhood education course either diploma or certificate in college but worried about study permitt been refused since she already has a degree and needed to know the best way forward.
Pls advise.
Thank you
Getting into teacher's college is very competitive. There are not many colleges so you can google them. Most Canadian students apply to multiple schools because it is so tough to gain admission.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I'm currently a teacher here in Canada, I have both an ECE degree (one from my Bachelor's in the Philippines) which satisfies my ECE certificate here in BC and Elementary teaching credential that i acquired from the US. Depending on the province you will need to apply to their Teacher Regulation Board and submit a lot of requirements. It took me 6 months to complete it all and receive my certificate. They recognized my studies from the US but for ECE from the Philippines they only gave me ECE-Assistant but im still able to work as an ECE. If you have an elementary school degree from the Philippines I would take a look at Teacher Refresher Programs. They offer these in different provinces so just do some research for it and look into the Teacher Regulation Board requirements as well so you know what you need. Best of luck and hope this helps.
I wouldn't suggest someone spending more than 100K for an ECE degree especially if they will be borrowing a lot of the money. The salary is usually under 35k. It would be too hard to live and pay back the money.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
so it would essentially be 4 years.. my HND in the uk would give me first 2 years of a bachelors, so id complete the ba, then teaching college.. is that right :$?
If you convinced you want to live in Toronto your living expenses will be very high. I would finish your degree in the UK and then continue your education or do IEC after that. You may find that your transfer credits will not be acknowledged by the Canadian schools. It will be too hard to borrow and work to pay off 3 or 4 years of school plus living expenses. That would probably add up to 100k.

Kemmyann

Apr 2, 2018
Getting into teacher's college is very competitive. There are not many colleges so you can google them. Most Canadian students apply to multiple schools because it is so tough to gain admission.

So but can u I do Early childhood care education diploma cos most of the colleges offer this course.
What do you think?
Or is it possible to move into human services course?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So but can u I do Early childhood care education diploma cos most of the colleges offer this course.
What do you think?
Or is it possible to move into human services course?
Sure you can do the course. Just don't think it is worthwhile coming to Canada to pursue the degree unless you have access to lots of funds. If you are considering moving to Canada and potentially applying to teachers college I would look at 5-10 universities to see what are the prerequisites. If you want to go to a Canadian teacher's college you would have to go to a uk university and not a college.

Reactions: Kemmyann

Kemmyann

Apr 2, 2018
Sure you can do the course. Just don't think it is worthwhile coming to Canada to pursue the degree unless you have access to lots of funds. If you are considering moving to Canada and potentially applying to teachers college I would look at 5-10 universities to see what are the prerequisites. If you want to go to a Canadian teacher's college you would have to go to a uk university and not a college.
Thanks for your response I am coming from Africa not UK.
Am just worried about study permit if I do an undergraduate diploma when I already have a degree.
Also doing a graduate diploma would be a good advantage.
Most of the universities have checked pre requisite for masters are high.
I also considering staying in Canada after study as well.
If you know some universities pls recommend.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks