+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

advice ragarding Q 10 and Q 11

ttknil

Dec 28, 2017
Please help me.
I need some pieces of advice regarding the following questions
1.After landing as PR, I went back to my home country for 4 months and 20 days for a vacation after two yrs and 1 month.
2. after coming back, stayed in Canada for 12 months and again went back for almost 5 months and 28 days in the back home.
3. after staying 38 days in Canada again need to go home country for 2 months and 8 days
4. after staying 28 days in Canada again need to go home country for 3 months and 8 days
my first question is for question 10
Q 1. what will be my address while I was in my back home?
(only during my first vacation, my family is with me for the vacation. Rest of the time my family is in Canada. my family has address which is my address as well)
should I use my back home address?
during my back home I was unemployed as well as some months in Canada
in Q 11
what will my address during my unemployment?
my last question:
should I apply alone or with my family members?
(as some people says better to apply for citizenship alone as my case might take longer time and my wife and children should apply separately as they live here almost continuously and their case will be faster)
thank you very much for your kind advice and reply.

Last edited:

luvincanada

Dec 22, 2017
I will answer the last question first.
Yes, if you apply as a group and further investigations are necessary in your case, you will delay everyone in that file (ie your family). So if you believe yours might take longer, then you should apply alone.

Q11. Address during unemeployment should be wherever you were during that time.

This is what I recommend: Since you travelled a lot during your eligibility period, send a letter of explanation along with your application. Give them details as to where you were. Give as much detail as possible so that the officer reviewing your file doesnt return it for incompleteness.
Also if a certain question is not applicable to you please write " not applicable" dont leave anything blank.

ttknil

Dec 28, 2017
I will answer the last question first.
Yes, if you apply as a group and further investigations are necessary in your case, you will delay everyone in that file (ie your family). So if you believe yours might take longer, then you should apply alone.

Q11. Address during unemeployment should be wherever you were during that time.

This is what I recommend: Since you travelled a lot during your eligibility period, send a letter of explanation along with your application. Give them details as to where you were. Give as much detail as possible so that the officer reviewing your file doesnt return it for incompleteness.
Also if a certain question is not applicable to you please write " not applicable" dont leave anything blank.
thank you very much.

Reactions: luvincanada