+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADDRESS CHANGE after Full application

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
I had applied for a change of address and it was done today... sought of sharing something..which may be useful for some who is trying for a change of address

I made an initial application through the case specific enquiry option in CIC website to change my address. I received an email from CHC (after 12days) saying that I need to send a scanned copy of the letter duly signed by the principal applicant or the hard copy of the signed letter or fax of the same.

I made a mistake by replying to the mail which they have sent to me... instead of using the dmp portal.. (They had explicitily mentioned in the email to use the dmp portal for any email correspondace which I didn't noticed...) As there was not response for 2 weeks... I opened the mail again trying to figure out what went wrong..??

I made another application through the dmp portal (the link mentioned in the mail, nothing but the case specific enquiry system) and uploaded the scanned copy of the letter... Within 3 working days.. I received an email from CHC ND that the address has been updated...

So those who wanna change the address please do confirm that you're doin the same in proper way...
by sending a signed hardcopy or a scanned copy of the application mentioning your Full name, File number & Date of Birth through the case specific enquiry system...

Hoping to get my Medicals + PPR + RPRF request in my updated address soon...

Best of Luck and Prayers

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Please reply to this:

I have already got approval from Nova Scotia Canada.

Now after approval my correspondence address has been changed so now while submitting new forms to New Delhi office I will mention my new address and also will write cover letter which will explain the same (i.e new adddress).

Is it fine or I have to follow some othre process to change my address in records?

Thanks

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
malu08 said:
Please reply to this:

Now after approval my correspondence address has been changed so now while submitting new forms to New Delhi office I will mention my new address and also will write cover letter which will explain the same (i.e new adddress).

Is it fine or I have to follow some othre process to change my address in records?

Thanks
malu08,

That should be the best ...

I also changed the address in the forms, but forgot to keep the cover letter... Let a letter be attached specifically for this and make sure it is signed by you. The letter should also mention your file number, Full name of the applicant and date of birth along with the updated address. Also do mention about the change what you have done in the application form... I think this should be enough...

Now once your ecas status changes to "Received in Visa office" and if your address is not updated.. then you can send a case specific enquiry. (But send the enquiry atleast 1 or 2 weeks after the ecas status change as they may have some other formalities for the same... )

All the best...

Prayers & wishes...

Moon99

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
malu08 said:
Please reply to this:

Thanks
Malu I too have done as GIAWN told you , as I am not requested to update doc as yet , i only sent a letter and then when i check my e-cas status the new address was updated.

nivas74

Feb 12, 2010
Hello everyone,

My situation is bit different...I have applied through an agent in FSW category. My agent is not well responsive after they got their fee. As I went through agent, all the communication from CHC is going to agent currently. I would like to have all the communication from CHC to me instead agent to having better control over application. Therefore, can you let me know the procedure to change the communication address? Btw, I applied in CHC, New Delhi, but currently living in USA.

Appreciate your help.

Nivas

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
Nivas .. I think it should be better if you start a thread specific to this and open it to public... (there are chances that public may miss your query in this thread because of its subject)...

all the best and prayers...