+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Spouse to the PR later.

dawarravi

Sep 13, 2015
Hi Guys, I am in a very peculiar situation and will appreciate your help with the matter. I have received the ITA from CIC and need to submit the documents before March 13. The application to CIC includes 3 people - my wife, my 7 months old son and myself.

The dilemma I am in is related to the FBI Police clearance certificate. I have received mine but my wife's PCC got rejected because of unclear finger prints. We have sent another copy of her finger prints but the processing period is around 4 months and we will not be getting that before March 13 for sure. I am left with two options -

1. Submit all the documents for all three of us including the reject we received from FBI for my wife and the proof that we submitted it again.
2. Submit only my and my son's documents as of now stating that my wife will not accompany me to Canada. Later, when her FBI PCC is cleared, add her to the application.

I need your help with the 2nd option. I need to understand if anyone has gone through adding the spouse later either during the processing or after the PR was received. How complex is the process and will it be worthwhile to go with the 2nd option.

Appreciate the help.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I understand, you won't be able to add your wife to this PR. You will be left with two options:
1. spouse sponsorship which takes 1-2 years;
2. if she has enough points on her own, she can submit her own application later (go through the same process: ITA, medicals, etc.)
This is my understanding of the situation. Also be careful with excluding your wife from PR application as it can't be undone and also they will ask you why are you doing this.

Sirgic

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dawarravi said:
Hi Guys, I am in a very peculiar situation and will appreciate your help with the matter. I have received the ITA from CIC and need to submit the documents before March 13. The application to CIC includes 3 people - my wife, my 7 months old son and myself.

The dilemma I am in is related to the FBI Police clearance certificate. I have received mine but my wife's PCC got rejected because of unclear finger prints. We have sent another copy of her finger prints but the processing period is around 4 months and we will not be getting that before March 13 for sure. I am left with two options -

1. Submit all the documents for all three of us including the reject we received from FBI for my wife and the proof that we submitted it again.
2. Submit only my and my son's documents as of now stating that my wife will not accompany me to Canada. Later, when her FBI PCC is cleared, add her to the application.

I need your help with the 2nd option. I need to understand if anyone has gone through adding the spouse later either during the processing or after the PR was received. How complex is the process and will it be worthwhile to go with the 2nd option.

Appreciate the help.
Go with option number 1. Apply with your wife included. Also apply for another PCC for your wife now and attach the reference number of your wife's new PCC request in a Letter of Explanation. Also upload the new PCC finger print in addition to any proof that you have sent it to the FBI.

CIC will give you later after processing you application between 60 to 90 days to submit your wife's PCC. They will request it at least one or two months from your submission. So you have a good chance.

I hope other members will assist you more.

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
dawarravi said:

Appreciate the help.
Option 1 is the only option available to you. Applying without your spouse amounts to misrepresentation and that could earn you a ban from applying to Canada, which we don't want happening. A concise letter of explanation explaining all of this should help. :) :)

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
dawarravi said:
I have received mine but my wife's PCC got rejected because of unclear finger prints.
Can I ask what method they have used for taking the fingerprints? Was it an electronic device like they have in country passport checks or was it more like a simple old method fingerprinting which led to refusal?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dawarravi said:

Sorry, option 1 is the much better option.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dawarravi said:
If you pick option #2 - your wife still has to submit her FBI PCC in order for your visa and your son's visa to be approved - even though she's not coming to Canada. There is no way around providing your wife's FBI PCC. If it's not provided then none of you will receive PR.

dawarravi

Sep 13, 2015
damien86 said:
Can I ask what method they have used for taking the fingerprints? Was it an electronic device like they have in country passport checks or was it more like a simple old method fingerprinting which led to refusal?
We got it done in a county police office using an electronic scanner.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello People

Needed Little Help. Can anyone help me out ?

I have got my medical request on 10th and have given the medicals and also they mailed for the travel history of husband

Now what is the next step of CIC? Can anyone provide me with the right information ?

Wife's PR Applied on Oct 2014 : - My wife is on close work permit and is in Canada for 4 years. She applied for PR in the month of August 2014 and she got the file number on Oct 22nd, 2014 and medicals were submitted in the month of May 2015 and she was waiting for her PR

We got married in September 2015 and her status got changed from single to married in her file and we applied for addition of spouse on Oct 16th Oct 2015 in the same file and waiting for medicals for me ( Husband who is in India ) where we have given the fees of $550 in Oct 2015 only ( 1st Phase fees )

Can anyone guide ?
Thanks a lot...
Tarun

MARK_987

Sep 9, 2014
Hi

Your answer is on this link google below. there is another thread adding spouse after medical or request for additional documents

request-for-additional-documents-regarding-my-marriage-after-medical-recieved-t185480.135.html

Prepare for your additional documents request from CIC.