Oct 26, 2019
India
Category........
Hi everyone,

I need some advice regarding my PR application process. Here are my details:

- Inland applicant
- Applied for PR: January 13, 2024
- Got married: April 12, 2024
- Received COPR email: May 2, 2024 (I was outside Canada at that time and received a reply asking to inform them once I am back in Canada and if I wanted to include my wife in the existing PR application)

My question is: If I add my spouse to my PR application as an accompanying partner, will my CRS score be recalculated?

Any insights or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

---

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
When someone is already married but has classified the spouse as non-accompanying in EE, then after getting the ITA changing the spouse to accompanying is when CRS is Recalculated by the system or the agent.

I don't believe IRCC recalculates CRS again when weddings happen after a COPR is issued, they just cancel the old one and release a new one. What we have seen though is this process of adding spouses takes many months,

Do you have a WP with at least 6-10 months of validity remaining to continue till both of you receive PR?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
yes, your eligibility(CRS points) will be reassessed.
As per some of the comments in this forum IRCC won't reassess CRS after changes in family after AOR, they will check the dependant's eligibility (marriage certificates..) and background..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 2.19 MB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
As per some of the comments in this forum IRCC won't reassess CRS after changes in family after AOR, they will check the dependant's eligibility (marriage certificates..) and background..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 2.19 MB)] and pay the applicable fees online.
You could be right!

ravivarma

Oct 26, 2019
India
Category........
thanks. One more question: If I add my spouse to exisiting PR application. Can I apply for work permit for my spouse while our PR application is in progress as I will have 1 year remaining on work permit

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
You can apply SOWP for your dependent

ravivarma

Oct 26, 2019
India
Category........
Thankyou, My name is not present in my spouse passport and spouse's name is not present in my passport as we both already have passports before marriage. Would this cause any problem in adding spouse as a accompanying dependent to the exisiting PR application?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I didn't fully get this one.

I assume you meant to say your spouse didn't adopt your family name in the passport?

I got even more confused when you said vice-versa you didn't adopt your spouse's name in your passport. I'm not sure if this is some same-sex couple you adopt each other's family names

If you have an English version of your marriage certificate it should suffice, other documents like joint ownership of property, bank accounts etc.. should be good proof. There is no need to get passports with each spouse's family name.

ravivarma

Oct 26, 2019
India
Category........
@Lord_Tony I apologize for the confusion earlier. I would like to provide some additional context regarding the matter. Both my spouse and I obtained our passports before we were married. Consequently, the field for the spouse's name in both our passports is left blank. This omission is simply due to the timing of when we received our passports, and not due to any other reasons.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
@Lord_Tony I apologize for the confusion earlier. I would like to provide some additional context regarding the matter. Both my spouse and I obtained our passports before we were married. Consequently, the field for the spouse's name in both our passports is left blank. This omission is simply due to the timing of when we received our passports, and not due to any other reasons.
I dont think there should be a problem, I still dont have my spouse's name in my passport. However, some PSKs insist on having spouse's name added before they can apply for PCC.

ravivarma

Oct 26, 2019
India
Category........
Oh ok. My wife already got PCC with my name on it. And I already submitted my PCC while applying for PR (before marriage) without spouse name on it. So I think we are good with including my wife in the application, right?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Oh ok. My wife already got PCC with my name on it. And I already submitted my PCC while applying for PR (before marriage) without spouse name on it. So I think we are good with including my wife in the application, right?
Names on passport does not matter as long as it matches you application. (I believe there is a section to mention all names, including nicknames).
Make sure that spouse is included in the application. Accompanying or not, it's up to you. But prepare for possible time that you need to stay separated if you decided to add as non-accompanying and sponsor after.

A lot of people do not have a "spouse name" in their passports. And a lot of people do not take spouse last name/family name after marriage.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I dont think there should be a problem, I still dont have my spouse's name in my passport. However, some PSKs insist on having spouse's name added before they can apply for PCC.
Spouses names in passports, wow.

if I may ask can you share which country has that? I assume it is India because I know Ravi is usually an Indian name but I have a Caribbean friend who has the name Ravi.