+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

ads19

Aug 6, 2020
Hi All,

need your suggestion!
My current CRS score is 464 (FSW) and as per yesterday’s draw the cut off is 476. I have submitted my application in express entry.
I am also planning to get married to someone who had received a COPR in feb but was unable to travel due to the travel restrictions put in place and will have to open his file once willing to travel.
Could you suggest what i best way to move forward with our application?

should we get married and get myself added as spouse to his application or should I go thru my process individually and then get married (whenever that happens)? Any suggestions of what would be the best and quick way to do this.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi All,

need your suggestion!
My current CRS score is 464 (FSW) and as per yesterday’s draw the cut off is 476. I have submitted my application in express entry.
I am also planning to get married to someone who had received a COPR in feb but was unable to travel due to the travel restrictions put in place and will have to open his file once willing to travel.
Could you suggest what i best way to move forward with our application?

should we get married and get myself added as spouse to his application or should I go thru my process individually and then get married (whenever that happens)? Any suggestions of what would be the best and quick way to do this.
It is best to get added to his application as a spouse. In fact, since he has already received the COPR, the process would be much quicker. He needs to just write to the office informing of change in marital status. However, you will generally just get a month to submit all necessary documents. So, be aware of the timelines.

FYI - if you apply at present, you will need to add him to your application as a spouse at this stage before ITA, so your CRS will also reduce as compared to 464 right now.

ads19

Aug 6, 2020
It is best to get added to his application as a spouse. In fact, since he has already received the COPR, the process would be much quicker. He needs to just write to the office informing of change in marital status. However, you will generally just get a month to submit all necessary documents. So, be aware of the timelines.

FYI - if you apply at present, you will need to add him to your application as a spouse at this stage before ITA, so your CRS will also reduce as compared to 464 right now.
Thank you. Any idea how long does the procedure after getting added as a spouse?

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Thank you. Any idea how long does the procedure after getting added as a spouse?
I was added in February and still nothing. In our GCMS notes, no updates since February. Expect a long delay in your process..

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Generally, it takes 4 to 6 months. I am not sure with COVID-19 if that is an appropriate timeline.

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
No one is sure. There could be a long delay due to the pandemic and the nature of things now, it could also happen fast for you. It's unpredictable at this point but what is the guarantee that the CRS scores will drop below the 470s and when?

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Almost same timeline as me. Still waiting too
Would like to share my timeline if it helps anyone else.
Copr: december 1, 2019
Travel plans cancelled due to Covid 19
June 22: got married
JuNe 28: raised webform to inform cic
July 06: Request letter for updated forms and docs
July 22: submitted all the docs Including spouse pcc and upfront medical.
NOTE: cannot submit passport and copr for cancellation as vfs in india is closed till further notice. Have raised a webform for it. Still waiting on reply.
August 1: UCI generated for spouse on my cic application.
Waiting for further update.

anyone know what the timeline is now a days for this process. What and when to expect an update?

yes_I_Can

Jun 9, 2019
Hi ,

I have received my PPR after which i got married. I updated in webform aswell as Delhi immigration. They have requested for forms. Not sure how do i submit them.. would that be via VFS to Delhi or just the copies via webform?

Regards,
Swaroop S J

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi ,

I have received my PPR after which i got married. I updated in webform aswell as Delhi immigration. They have requested for forms. Not sure how do i submit them.. would that be via VFS to Delhi or just the copies via webform?

Regards,
Swaroop S J
Hi - All the forms will need to be sent either via the application portal or webform. They have must have given a 1 month timeline to submit all documents. With COVID-19, I cannot make a guess on the timelines but it used to take anyhere between 2 and 5 months. Try and ensure you pay all relevant fees upfront to avoid any delays. All the best!

yes_I_Can

Jun 9, 2019
Hi - All the forms will need to be sent either via the application portal or webform. They have must have given a 1 month timeline to submit all documents. With COVID-19, I cannot make a guess on the timelines but it used to take anyhere between 2 and 5 months. Try and ensure you pay all relevant fees upfront to avoid any delays. All the best!
Thanks.... on it right away...

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Same here. I have sent the documents back in November 2019 by myself. I never heard nothing from them ever regarding my spouse they just cancelled my copr and return my passport
Hello Mirza, have you gotten any update concerning adding your spouse yet? Any medical or biometrics request yet? Please respond, thank you.

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
I was added in February and still nothing. In our GCMS notes, no updates since February. Expect a long delay in your process..
Have you done your medicals yet? I'm in the same process, added in June, got medical exam request and afterwards nothing more since then. Even no medicals passed and no biometrics request yet. I'm worried. Any update at yours? What stage are you at please?

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Have you done your medicals yet? I'm in the same process, added in June, got medical exam request and afterwards nothing more since then. Even no medicals passed and no biometrics request yet. I'm worried. Any update at yours? What stage are you at please?
I did upfront medical, it is passed. Today I received request to pay the biometrics, which I have done but no BIL yet.

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
I did upfront medical, it is passed. Today I received request to pay the biometrics, which I have done but no BIL yet.
Wow, how do you know your medical is passed? Was there an update on your account? I also received request to pay for biometrics on July 27 still yet no update till now. My medical status says "you do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes". What does your medical status say?

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Wow, how do you know your medical is passed? Was there an update on your account? I also received request to pay for biometrics on July 27 still yet no update till now. My medical status says "you do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes". What does your medical status say?
Do you know about GCMS notes? This kind of information you don't find in the online system. You need to order the notes.