+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adding spouse after COPR

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Do you know about GCMS notes? This kind of information you don't find in the online system. You need to order the notes.
I know, I've requested notes and there's no information there. I just needed to check with someone else that's going through same process since I'm in the dark. Never knew it's a worry to you or I'm probably crossing the line. It's fine, thank you for your response so far.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I know, I've requested notes and there's no information there. I just needed to check with someone else that's going through same process since I'm in the dark. Never knew it's a worry to you or I'm probably crossing the line. It's fine, thank you for your response so far.
It is not a worry to me at all, but the online system is a mess and they usually don't update anything there. The notes are the best way to know what is happening. Anyway, it takes time, especially now with the covid and we are waiting since february.. all the best friend, hope things get better soon

Jul 24, 2018
Dear All,

I included my spouse in the application after receipt of my COPR by raising a webform. When I received a reply for the webform, it was mentioned like:

What happens next?
  • The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario will write back by email or through your account. They will provide the instructions to follow in order to add the family member to your application.
  • Please note it may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

I am a bit confused with the second point, as it was clearly mentioned in the COPR document, that if there's a change in the marital status, I need to inform them, however in the webform reply they are saying after the decision has been made(Application approved in my case) no family member can be added.

Anyone who has added his/her family member (After COPR however before landing), is that a standard reply they send or is it something different in my case?

Reactions: piyagrawal

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Dear All,

I included my spouse in the application after receipt of my COPR by raising a webform. When I received a reply for the webform, it was mentioned like:

What happens next?
  • The Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario will write back by email or through your account. They will provide the instructions to follow in order to add the family member to your application.
  • Please note it may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

I am a bit confused with the second point, as it was clearly mentioned in the COPR document, that if there's a change in the marital status, I need to inform them, however in the webform reply they are saying after the decision has been made(Application approved in my case) no family member can be added.

Anyone who has added his/her family member (After COPR however before landing), is that a standard reply they send or is it something different in my case?
You did the right thing - the second point is not applicable to your case.

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
Hi all! I am in a similar situation as u guys..I got my CoPR in March , then I got married in June and added my spouse last month. He has been added to my application and his UCI has been generated. We did an upfront medical for him but his result has not been disclosed yet. Meanwhile my medicals were extended yesterday.
My CoPR expires on the 3rd of November. Do I have to raise a webform to return the copr and the passport? Because they have not asked me the same yet. Also any idea about the timeline of similar cases.. specifically at Ndvo?

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Hi all! I am in a similar situation as u guys..I got my CoPR in March , then I got married in June and added my spouse last month. He has been added to my application and his UCI has been generated. We did an upfront medical for him but his result has not been disclosed yet. Meanwhile my medicals were extended yesterday.
My CoPR expires on the 3rd of November. Do I have to raise a webform to return the copr and the passport? Because they have not asked me the same yet. Also any idea about the timeline of similar cases.. specifically at Ndvo?
You'll usually will see the result of his medical when you order Gcms notes. That should show if it's passed like I experienced with my spouse. You don't have to worry about returning your COPR if they didn't communicate that to you, it has however been automatically cancelled and is useless since your application has been re-opened.
How did you figure your medicals has been extended? Where did that reflect?

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
Yes thanks, I do it, they also asked me proof of relationship, we submit it,let's see how long they take it now ,my file is in etobicoke, eligibility passed July 2019,only security is left
Hi ! What is the status of your file? Did u receive an updated copr? Also did they conduct an interview for you guys?

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Paul,

My case is similar to yours.

I got married after I received COPR but before landing so I informed CIC about my marriage and they asked me to submit documents to add my spouse.
I submitted all documents which CIC acknowledged and now requested to submit her medical and biometrics within one month from now.

My COPR expires in March 2020 and I guess they will ask for medical after it expires which is fine. My question is what will be the new COPR extension date ? Will CIC give a random extension like 1-3 months or extension date as per my spouse medical or my re- medical?

One weird thing on my file, I got request for submitting my spouse documents, meds etc but I still haven’t heard back from CIC to submit my passport and COPR for cancellation. Is that a worry?

Thank you so much for taking to reply to questions posted my members on this forum. Really appreciate that!
Did u receive any reply or request for passport return?is your local vo New Delhi?

AnitaM

Sep 30, 2018
It
You'll usually will see the result of his medical when you order Gcms notes. That should show if it's passed like I experienced with my spouse. You don't have to worry about returning your COPR if they didn't communicate that to you, it has however been automatically cancelled and is useless since your application has been re-opened.
How did you figure your medicals has been extended? Where did that reflect?
Reflected on my CIC account yesterday.

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
I added my spouse after receiving copr and submitted the required documents on 9th Jan 2020. After Dat in April I got request to pay his biometrics fee and later in August dey asked me to get my medicals done again as it expired. It's more than 11 months I added my spouse n still no bil. No update nothing by far.

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I added my spouse after receiving copr and submitted the required documents on 9th Jan 2020. After Dat in April I got request to pay his biometrics fee and later in August dey asked me to get my medicals done again as it expired. It's more than 11 months I added my spouse n still no bil. No update nothing by far.
It is taking a long time. We are waiting for almost 16 months now.

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
What visa office is processing your application?

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
It is taking a long time. We are waiting for almost 16 months now.
Wat are we suppose to do? Should we keep reminding them coz cases like us I guess are left behind in processing n dey forgot us completely. Coz the one who applied for pr dey started getting passport request already. This process was to take only 2 to 4 months time coz we Wer already approved of pr n copr. M so so so frustrated.....

Reactions: souslaplage

souslaplage

Star Member
May 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Wat are we suppose to do? Should we keep reminding them coz cases like us I guess are left behind in processing n dey forgot us completely. Coz the one who applied for pr dey started getting passport request already. This process was to take only 2 to 4 months time coz we Wer already approved of pr n copr. M so so so frustrated.....
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do. We tried everything... just sit and wait.. =(