+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a child in petition

balang

Jul 19, 2011
Leon said:
Either they will fast track so you can land before Oct. or they will extend the visa which might mean that you have to re-do the medicals.
i see.. hopefully they will speed up the application process.. thanks for inputs.. :)

tinna

Jan 29, 2012
balang said:
hi! i asked a consultancy about this and u had the same advice. u think our visa's expiry date will still be on october 2012, meaning they will fast track the baby's application so she can come with us that is before october OR the embassy extends the visa since we are adding a dependent?
Balang hope you are doing fine and the baby too.....if you read this by any chance can you tell me your experience of adding the baby in your application after ppr request and time it took....Thanx in advance

renjithxavier

Oct 13, 2012
Adding a child in petition

Dear friends,

Need your advice on this matter,My spouse's expected due date-December 15th,But some medical emergency she delivered on 29th of September 2012. We finished our medicals on Previous month. She Didn't finished her X-ray because she was pregnant on that time. Now CIC asking additional medical requirements for my spouse.
Baby is in Intensive Care Unit now at least 1-2 month he will be there.So I am trying to get birth certificate ans passport for the baby. I am little confused and worried that if am doing spouses additional medicals there is any issue for adding baby to our application.
In this situation which is the right step i have to do for adding baby.

Need your valuable advice's & Lots of Prayers for my Junior

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to inform the visa office that the baby is born and needs to be added and re-do all application forms where the baby would be mentioned and send them in. The baby will have to have medicals too.

Mac1980

Apr 3, 2012
Hi Leon,

I would like to know what would be the case if the baby born is a canadian national and parents are not. Does the applicant still need to inform immigration ?

regards
Mac

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mac1980 said:
Hi Leon,

I would like to know what would be the case if the baby born is a canadian national and parents are not. Does the applicant still need to inform immigration ?

regards
Mac
In that case the baby does not need to be added but because they say you must inform them, you still should. However, it is not a big deal because the baby isn't a part of the application.

Mac1980

Apr 3, 2012
Hi Leon,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am worried if the landing papers come after the child in borne in canada, wouldnt it affect the landing visa ?
In normal case if a child birth happens before landing makes the landing paper invalid. Right ?

Incase not, would Canadian immigration will accept us at the borders at the time of actual landing ?

Also do you think it may spoil our PR Case as CIC may consider it wrong to have a baby in canada as visitor?

regards
Ali

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mac1980 said:
I am worried if the landing papers come after the child in borne in canada, wouldnt it affect the landing visa ?
In normal case if a child birth happens before landing makes the landing paper invalid. Right ?
You are supposed to let immigration know of any changes in your family composition so just do it now, that is, tell them that your baby is due on whatever day it is due and then they can not say they did not know. Make sure you also tell them that your baby will be born in Canada and will therefore be a citizen and not added to your application. If the baby is born before you get the visa, inform them that the baby is born and send them a copy of the birth certificate plus a new form for your additional family information which is the only form where the baby is included. If the visa arrives before the baby is born, go ahead and land.

There is no law against having a baby in Canada as a visitor.

abby1828

Apr 14, 2012
Dear Leon,
I was following your correspondence with Mac1980 and gave me the courage to ask you some questions that's bothering me. I just received my Passport request last October 11, 2012 and the VO gave me 30 days to submit them. I am currently in Canada under a work permit and been waiting for this PPR forever...My questions now are the ff:

I am 6months pregnant and expecting on January 2013, do I have to inform the VO about my pregnancy now or no big deal?
I was worried that if I inform them now, they might hold my visa and wait for the baby to be born and ask for her birth certificate, passport etc. etc....that might cause another delay for my stamping of visa...
On the other hand, on the letter it says that, " In the event that you do have additional dependents to add or remove from your application, you should immediately advice the CPP-Ottawa. You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Do not undertake any other steps until CPP-O indicates that you can proceed with the rest of these instructions.
If none of these conditions apply to you, you may proceed below, PASSPORT SUBMISSION.....
Does this condition applies to me eventhough my family and I have been in Canada for more than 4 years now and the baby will be born as a Canadian Citizen?
I haven't submitted my passport yet since its being renewed plus I'm having second thought of informing the VO about my pregnancy and wait for their instructions first before I submit my passport.
Please share me your humble knowledge regarding this matter.....
Thank you so much....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since your baby will be born in Canada, it does not fall under "additional dependents to add or remove from your application". The only place you would mention the baby on the application would be in additional family information. I think you should send your passport but include a letter stating that you are 6 months pregnant, however you will remain in Canada for the next 3 months, your baby will therefore be a Canadian citizen and does not need to be added to your application. I do not think it will delay your visa. If you still don't have your visa by the time the baby is born, send them a new copy of the additional family information form with the baby added. If you get the visa and the baby is born before you manage to land, inform immigration about it when you land. Because the baby is a citizen and will not be added to your file, it is really not a big deal. However, you should tell them about any changes. There is no reason to try to hide anything.

abby1828

Apr 14, 2012
Dear Leon,
Thank you so much for the prompt and enlightening response, it was highly appreciated. I.m gonna follow what you have told me.
If you don't mind, I have another queries for you.
1) Since my passport is still being renewed and I don't know when it will be mailed to me by the Embassy in Vancouver because they said that it was still in the Philippines and waiting for the shipment, but they told me that as soon as they received my passport, they will mail it to me ASAP. Now do I have to inform the VO now regarding this since they gave me only 30 days to submit my passport or wait till November 10, 2012 hoping that the passport wil arrive before that date?
2) My work permit expires on DEcember 9, 2012, do I have to renew my work permit when I received my new passport or no need since I will be sending my passport to the VO for visa stamping?
Your inputs regarding this matter will be so much appreciated....
Thank you once again....

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
your passport will arrived before november 9th.you dont need to be disturb baby become canadian citizen automatically when born in canada.
you may not border to renew your work permit as everything is working as per God direction...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abby1828 said:
Dear Leon,
Thank you so much for the prompt and enlightening response, it was highly appreciated. I.m gonna follow what you have told me.
If you don't mind, I have another queries for you.
1) Since my passport is still being renewed and I don't know when it will be mailed to me by the Embassy in Vancouver because they said that it was still in the Philippines and waiting for the shipment, but they told me that as soon as they received my passport, they will mail it to me ASAP. Now do I have to inform the VO now regarding this since they gave me only 30 days to submit my passport or wait till November 10, 2012 hoping that the passport wil arrive before that date?
2) My work permit expires on DEcember 9, 2012, do I have to renew my work permit when I received my new passport or no need since I will be sending my passport to the VO for visa stamping?
Your inputs regarding this matter will be so much appreciated....
Thank you once again....
1) Inform them that the passport is being renewed and therefore you might not make the 30 days but you hope you will have it before then.

2) If you can not land before December 9th, you would have to stop working if you do not renew your work permit. It is your obligation to keep legal status at all times, even if you are close to getting your PR. If you apply to renew your permit, you are under implied status until you hear back so I think you should apply just before it expires if nothing else is going on with your PR.

abby1828

Apr 14, 2012
Dear Leon,
You are such an awesome individual....Thanks for everything.... Ooooppss, by the way, I forgot to ask you, the CCP-Ottawa was the one who sent me the passport request and the letter, but they told me to send my passport to Canadian Consulate in Detroit, so to whom should I inform about my pregnancy and renewal of my passport, CCP-Ottawa or Detroit?
May God bless you....
Thank you so so much......

abby1828

Apr 14, 2012
Dear Shaddy,
Thanks for the inputs and encouragement...It was highly appreciated....
God bless you....