+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding a child in petition

tinna

Jan 29, 2012
How long it will take to add a newborn in your federal skill worker application once you have done with your medical exam and baby born after medical exam.

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinna said:
How long it will take to add a newborn in your federal skill worker application once you have done with your medical exam and baby born after medical exam.
DEAR TINNA

You would have to download (from the CIC website) a form ....

1. IMM. 0008 page 2 for "DETAILS of FAMILY MEMEBER" fill in the same
2. Notarized copy of Birth Certificate.
3. Notarized copy of Passport of the childe (Bio Data page)
4. Demand draft for CAD 150.00
5. 10 photographs (with name & DOB on the back of each photograph)

Include all these along with a covering letter stating your file number.

INDIAN

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
Indian replied perfectly.

tinna said:

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
Yes. A little bit

But happiness & innocence of a new born baby is incalculated.

ezinne said:
Will it slow down the application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if it might delay your application, you don't have a choice not to add the baby. As you are instructed by the visa office, you must notify them if your family composition changes at any time during your processing and before you land as a PR. If there is a new family member during that time whether it is a new baby or a single person getting married, the new family member must be added to your application.

If you don't add the baby and just go and land on the PR visa you applied for before the baby was born, you will be considered guilty of misrepresentation. When you try to sponsor the baby for PR, you will be denied and you could lose your own PR because of this.

tinna

Jan 29, 2012
Thanx for all the help
We just notify them that baby is born with birth certificate?....or notify them that baby is due on that date?......we dont need to wait for babys passport to formally send in application and fee? we can do that later and just notify them as soon as baby is born as passport takes 4-6 weeks to get.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get your passport request before the baby is born, you should not send your passports but notify them about the due date of the baby and that it will need to be added. If you are not at the point of passport request, you don't have to notify them until the baby is born. Go through your application forms and re-do all the ones that will include or change because of the baby. Apply with the baby's birth certificate and tell them that you have applied for the baby's passport and that you will send them the passport number when you have it.

neng826

May 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept. 30, 2011
Nomination.....
may 26, 2011
AOR Received.
july 25, 2011
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
oct. 08, 2011
Med's Done....
0ct. 31, 2011
Passport Req..
feb. 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 8. 2012
LANDED..........
april 7, 2012
Hi Guys, what if you are just waiting for the passport request and you learned that your daughter got pregnant 11 weeks pregnant now. what is the right thing to do? Can she still come?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she qualifies as a dependent child, it is ok as long as she is not married or living in a common law relationship. If she manages to land before the baby is born, then there is no problem. If you realize at the point you get the passport request that she will be too pregnant to fly, you should not send your passports but instead send them a message stating that you want to add your grandchild to the application.

balang

Jul 19, 2011
hi, i just got my PPR this afternoon and im now on my 36 weeks, due to delivery in 2-3 weeks time. What should i need to do so that my baby can go with us in migrating? any idea how long will the processing take? our visa will expire on october this year, as reflected in the email.. need ur idea on this.. thank u

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balang said:
hi, i just got my PPR this afternoon and im now on my 36 weeks, due to delivery in 2-3 weeks time. What should i need to do so that my baby can go with us in migrating? any idea how long will the processing take? our visa will expire on october this year, as reflected in the email.. need ur idea on this.. thank u
For PPR, do not send your passport. Instead send a letter stating your situation and that you will need to hold on until the baby comes so you can add it. Start to prepare the forms now if you have the energy. Go through all your forms and re-do all the ones that would change because of the baby. Once the baby is born and you have the birth certificate, send the forms in to the visa office along with the fee for the baby and a cover letter stating that your baby is born and you want to add it to your application and you will let them know of the passport number of the baby once you have it. Apply for the passport for the baby immediately so you can let the visa office know the number when you get it. Then wait for your instructions for baby medicals and the 2nd passport request.

balang

Jul 19, 2011
Leon said:
For PPR, do not send your passport. Instead send a letter stating your situation and that you will need to hold on until the baby comes so you can add it. Start to prepare the forms now if you have the energy. Go through all your forms and re-do all the ones that would change because of the baby. Once the baby is born and you have the birth certificate, send the forms in to the visa office along with the fee for the baby and a cover letter stating that your baby is born and you want to add it to your application and you will let them know of the passport number of the baby once you have it. Apply for the passport for the baby immediately so you can let the visa office know the number when you get it. Then wait for your instructions for baby medicals and the 2nd passport request.

ok. will stick to this. thank u.. :)

balang

Jul 19, 2011
Leon said:
hi! i asked a consultancy about this and u had the same advice. u think our visa's expiry date will still be on october 2012, meaning they will fast track the baby's application so she can come with us that is before october OR the embassy extends the visa since we are adding a dependent?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balang said:
hi! i asked a consultancy about this and u had the same advice. u think our visa's expiry date will still be on october 2012, meaning they will fast track the baby's application so she can come with us that is before october OR the embassy extends the visa since we are adding a dependent?
Either they will fast track so you can land before Oct. or they will extend the visa which might mean that you have to re-do the medicals.