+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
So my passport has arrived VFS called me today. I guess this method also didn't work. :/ Strange! I think they want to take more time. Already 5 months in 2 weeks now. Let's see what happens. I am going to apply for CAIPS notes now.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
salmanmufc20 said:
So my passport has arrived VFS called me today. I guess this method also didn't work. :/ Strange! I think they want to take more time. Already 5 months in 2 weeks now. Let's see what happens. I am going to apply for CAIPS notes now.
Are u sure it is a rejection? Becoz it is not necessary to get correspondence letter before arrival of passport.

Ayyan Ali

Jan 27, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for study permit to Abu Dhabi visa office in Nov 2016. I have emailed to visa office to know the status of my application, they replied me;

" All applications for temporary residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks.
These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary resident status. We are currently
conducting certain background investigations."

I would be grateful If any member could comment on this, how much chances I have to obtain study permit after Embassy is conducting background investigation. Thank You.

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
@humdard:

No mate it's not a rejection. Remember I had asked for a withdrawal of my passport? We thought it would lead to them noticing my file, and giving me a decision soon like it happened in your case

But, it didn't work, and now my passport has arrived at the VFS, I'll collect it tomorrow. They would be asking me for a passport request now if they want to give the visa.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inshallah
salmanmufc20 said:
@humdard:

No mate it's not a rejection. Remember I had asked for a withdrawal of my passport? We thought it would lead to them noticing my file, and giving me a decision soon like it happened in your case

But, it didn't work, and now my passport has arrived at the VFS, I'll collect it tomorrow. They would be asking me for a passport request now if they want to give the visa.
OK good to hear that it is not a rejection but I am pretty sure that u will get visa for sure

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
@humdard: Fingers crossed bro. Let's see!

A lot of people from my country are now receiving requests for updated admission letters, specially those people who had applied for Jan 17, but didn't receive their visa's on time.

salmanmufc20

Nov 20, 2016
Also, does anyone know that when the embassy asks for a new LOA, do they give you a specific time frame within which you have to submit your new admission letter? Do they say something like submit it within a month or any time frame?

Thank you in advance.

Ayyan Ali

Jan 27, 2017
salmanmufc20 said:
Also, does anyone know that when the embassy asks for a new LOA, do they give you a specific time frame within which you have to submit your new admission letter? Do they say something like submit it within a month or any time frame?

Thank you in advance.
Embassy normally gives one month to submit the document asked.

commanderzx

Mar 4, 2017
I received CAQ in January 12, 2017 then applied for Study permit from VFS Kuwait in January 29, 2017 but i heard nothing from Abu Dhabi visa office.

i got accepted in Concordia for the Summer 2017, PhD in Software Eng. (4 years)
bach. in Computer Eng. GPA 3.76/4 ~ 92%
MSc. in Computer Eng. GPA 3.16/4 ~ 86%
Ielts (overall)= 7 (nothing below 6.5)
22k CAD Funding from my supervisor
36k CAD Concordia International Tuition Award of Excellence
60K CAD Self Funding

eyadinuae

May 18, 2013
I am 44 years old .. In Dubai from 10 years .. Mechanical engineer .. Can I apply for master degree and get study Visa to Canada .. ?
But I am From IRAQ - Baghdad ! ?
I have enough saving to give Bank Statement ..! But No Travel History !
What is GPA and GRE ? it a must ?
What is I 20
What is my Chances to get the Visa .
THANKS

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Inshallah
eyadinuae said:
I am 44 years old .. In Dubai from 10 years .. Mechanical engineer .. Can I apply for master degree and get study Visa to Canada .. ?
But I am From IRAQ - Baghdad ! ?
I have enough saving to give Bank Statement ..! But No Travel History !
What is GPA and GRE ? it a must ?
What is I 20
What is my Chances to get the Visa .
THANKS

eyadinuae

May 18, 2013
Can you Please update this thread here .. It is very important to know how to prove or convince the officer that you come back home after studying in Canada ..
What you do guys .. When you apply .. can anyone told me what They want exactly !!!!
:-\

eyadinuae

May 18, 2013
Dear P@in ,
The most important thing How to convince the immigration officer that you will go back home after study ..???!!
90 % of study permits lead to Permanent residency applications raised by students every year ..!
Me also I am thinking in this matter and really headache me .. :'(
The study permits become a good way for immigration for the most of students .. Even here in this forum and in this thread .. I am sure that all students will stay in Canada and get the certificate and looking for job ..
For that and in August 2016 CIC start new system instead of Study permit which is the Study Pathway .. which mean you need to renew your study permit as per every semester or course to ensure that you enrolled in the study with same university/ college that you claim you will study in it ..