+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About WES assessment?

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

I have created a profile in WES to assess my qualifications. Just wanna know few things,

1. I have a BA (Hons) top-up degree from a University in UK (final year), through a local College. Will i be getting this assessment as a 04 year Canadian degree?

2. I have done a HND from Edexcel (UK) which actually took me 02 years, through a local College. Will that be considered as a two-year Canadian diploma?

3. I got the top-up for the degree coz of the HND. Therefore ECA will consider my two qualifications as one or two?

4. In my documentation requirement list, I have to submit legible copies of certificates (not the ones sent by the Uni directly). Are these photo copies or color copies? Can I send this in normal envelop and couriered to WES?

5. My wife has a two year diploma and 01 year certificate, its from a local college/ university. I dont think the Uni here will send the transcripts directly. So we will send it. Does the local Uni have to issue original transcripts or copy of the transcripts in sealed package? Any certification required on the transcripts if those are copies?

Thanks in advance.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi,

I have created a profile in WES to assess my qualifications. Just wanna know few things,

1. I have a BA (Hons) top-up degree from a University in UK (final year), through a local College. Will i be getting this assessment as a 04 year Canadian degree?

2. I have done a HND from Edexcel (UK) which actually took me 02 years, through a local College. Will that be considered as a two-year Canadian diploma?

3. I got the top-up for the degree coz of the HND. Therefore ECA will consider my two qualifications as one or two?

4. In my documentation requirement list, I have to submit legible copies of certificates (not the ones sent by the Uni directly). Are these photo copies or color copies? Can I send this in normal envelop and couriered to WES?

5. My wife has a two year diploma and 01 year certificate, its from a local college/ university. I dont think the Uni here will send the transcripts directly. So we will send it. Does the local Uni have to issue original transcripts or copy of the transcripts in sealed package? Any certification required on the transcripts if those are copies?

Thanks in advance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was the ECA for your HND and BA (Top Up)? Was it done as distance learning via the local college?

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
I had this exact situation and my assessment came back as 2. My edexcel diploma was considered a 2 year diploma and my top up degree was considered a Bachelors Degree four years

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was the ECA for your HND and BA (Top Up)? Was it done as distance learning via the local college?
I responded below and mine was distance learning from both Edexcel and University of Greenwich in the UK.

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I responded below and mine was distance learning from both Edexcel and University of Greenwich in the UK.
Thank you for the info. What is better to get the ECA done - WES or IQAS? My top Up was done via distance learning (University of Derby), I've used the tool on WES to verify this but they do not have an option for less than 3 years. Does this matter for the verification?

Thanks in advance.

kevinkk

Nov 3, 2021
Thank you for the info. What is better to get the ECA done - WES or IQAS? My top Up was done via distance learning (University of Derby), I've used the tool on WES to verify this but they do not have an option for less than 3 years. Does this matter for the verification?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Rami, how did it go eventually? I am doing the derby top up for my 4th year as well, via online.