+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About the medical test

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
We are applying inland (as you may know from previous posts)

The medical exam (test) of my son, back home, is a big issue. It may take looooong time to convince his father and to get it done. Do we need to wait for that test before we can submit our application? or can we send the application without the medical and that it can be sent later to our cic file?

many thanks

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
We have this same issue. I'm pretty sure they will ask for it once you receive your approval-in-principle, or around that time. Otherwise there is a good chance medicals you send along with your application will be out of date anyways. Go ahead and submit your application, definitely include your son on the sponsorship, worry about the medicals when you have to.

In our case I'm hoping that my wife's ex will realise that it doesn't hurt him any to take the kids in to be examined, and if it comes to it I am thinking paying him over and above what the medicals will cost might do the trick.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
KimJuliBC said:
We are applying inland (as you may know from previous posts)

The medical exam (test) of my son, back home, is a big issue. It may take looooong time to convince his father and to get it done. Do we need to wait for that test before we can submit our application? or can we send the application without the medical and that it can be sent later to our cic file?

many thanks
Send in you application, Dependents/none dependents will be sent a letter fot a medical just as your applications is going to be finalised , CIC will send a letter to the CIC abroad telling them to schedule medicals . If your dependants DO NOT HAVE the medical wiithin 40 days of the office which has requested the medical their application will be denied.

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Unless there is a good reason for it.

If your ex absolutely refuses to get the medical done and there is simply no way to convince him, your application will not be denied but it will be held up, and CIC will remind you that unless it is done there is no way to sponsor your child in the future. :( But like I said, if it can't be done, it can't be done, they will not deny your whole application because of this, but do everything you can possibly do to get it done.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eyeoftheocean said:
Send in you application, Dependents/none dependents will be sent a letter fot a medical just as your applications is going to be finalised , CIC will send a letter to the CIC abroad telling them to schedule medicals . If your dependants DO NOT HAVE the medical wiithin 40 days of the office which has requested the medical their application will be denied.

Where are you coming up with this stuff? You are quoting the wrong information. The requirement for the medical of dependent children in an FC spousal case is at the BEGINNING of the process.

From Region Specific Guide for Western Europe
PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members Copy 2 of the Medical Report-Section A that the DMP will sign and give to you when you undergo the medical examination. See Appendix C for additional information.

I just pulled this one from the Western Europe Guide so to the OP, you need to check the instructions in your guide. If you cannot obtain it, provide a very detailed explaination to CIC of your attempts to obtain it and ask for more time. They WILL request it again at some point before they make a decision on the file. Hopefully, by that time you will be able to convice your ex to comply. Good luck.

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
It's a bit different for Inland. I have tried to figure out where in the OP Manuals it states whether to include medical reports of dependents or not with the initial application, couldn't find it. Eyeoftheocean is probably speaking from personal experience though.

I know in our case (inland) my wife did her examination and it was sent along with the initial application, and we were told by a call center agent to send along medical exams for her dependents when we were asked for them.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I too sent my meds along with application (inland) , however, there are so many people on here that have done medicals towards the end when CIC have requested them , Sorry for any confusion :(

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
eyeoftheocean said:
I too sent my meds along with application (inland) , however, there are so many people on here that have done medicals towards the end when CIC have requested them , Sorry for any confusion :(
Can some members come forward please and kindly confirm this matter? We are so confused now

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
rjessome said:
Where are you coming up with this stuff? You are quoting the wrong information. The requirement for the medical of dependent children in an FC spousal case is at the BEGINNING of the process.

From Region Specific Guide for Western Europe
PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members Copy 2 of the Medical Report-Section A that the DMP will sign and give to you when you undergo the medical examination. See Appendix C for additional information.

I just pulled this one from the Western Europe Guide so to the OP, you need to check the instructions in your guide. If you cannot obtain it, provide a very detailed explaination to CIC of your attempts to obtain it and ask for more time. They WILL request it again at some point before they make a decision on the file. Hopefully, by that time you will be able to convice your ex to comply. Good luck.
From personal experience ! London UK sent my children a letter to go for the meds in August 10 I applied for PR in 2009. My IO told me the information actually !!!

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
But: our application is INLAND....
Are outland and inland the same when it comes to medicals or different?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
KimJuliBC said:
But: our application is INLAND....
Are outland and inland the same when it comes to medicals or different?
Inland you have to have medicals done before application is sent and send in the medical exam receipt. Outland, you wait for CIC to request the medical.

Same medical exam, different times to be sent.

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
angelbrat said:
Inland you have to have medicals done before application is sent and send in the medical exam receipt. Outland, you wait for CIC to request the medical.

Same medical exam, different times to be sent.
We are, right now, devastated, by this information. This means we may wait forever till the father of the our son agrees. The rules are giving grounds for blackmailing. We can apply OUTLAND, but it can be extremely risky, if my husband has to go back home and probably to attend an interview.

Thanks a lot

Any other option? Plz feedback

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
I'm also really confused, seems like people are saying two different things.

Our application is inland too, and we were told that the principal applicant needs to have the medical done right away, dependants to wait until they are asked for.. This is what I was told a few months ago by CIC call center agent, as there is no real guide saying one way or the other.

I'll call again on Monday but in the meantime does anyone know the answer for sure?

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
I was an inland applicant, my dependant son an outland applicant.

He received his medical request directly from London CIC and was not required to submit it in advance.

:)

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Sorry I'm a little confused still... Do you mean you applied for permanent residence inland, but your dependant son was non-accompanying? Or did he have a seperate application for permanent residence?