+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ABOUT PROOF OF FUND

nila010

Feb 1, 2015
Hello seniors,
I will apply EE next month but I have a question about fund. I am doing a job as an Asst. Manager Accounts & I receive my salary by bank so I dont have any pay slip. I have received 15 lac tk from my brother (It was our parents liquid money but they r no more so it is our total asset) yesterday for EE purpose & I will return it after two years. Now my main intention is to make a FDR (My own name) in a bank for 1 year. But a question in my mind how can I prove that is it my money?? Fixed deposit document is enough for proof of fund?? Is it essential to prove that how can achieve this money? Than what can I do?

moose83

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
25th Feb 2016
Med's Done....
27th Feb 2016
I hope that the money is in your savings account and no one is out there who would come forward and claim it. If that is the case.. everything is OK

I would suggest instead of making a FDR for 1 Year .. put it down for 6 months.

Fixed Deposit Certificate in your name is more than enough proof for EE.. You should also ask the bank manager to give you a letter on bank's letter head stating that you have a FD in your name with their bank amounting "xxxxxxx" and the fd period is starting from "x" date to "y" date.

If you get the ITR you would be uploading scanned copies of the FD certificate + Letter from Bank Manager

When you will be landing.. you will NOT take the FD with you. You will close the FD and transfer the amount to your savings account.. from there you can keep 30% in cash and the rest in the following forms

1. FOREX Cards
2. Demand Draft (payable in Canada)
3. Traveler checks..

(1.) and (2.) are more acceptable..

I hope i have answered ur question